General > Polls/Survivors

Regarding the trolling of Polls/Survivors (please read)

(1/11) > >>

ariich:
It is getting a little silly now (well, it was silly from the start, but yeah), so I wanted to make some suggestions.

To those who are running survivors, particularly ones that attract a reasonable number of voters, might I suggest that instead of using a poll, get people to post their votes? I know it means a bit more work for you but, to be honest, it's not like it's that many, and doing so will either stop or at the very least allow us to see the trolls.

To those who defensively start claiming that we are overreacting, just give it up. The claims of "the results are obviously real stop taking it so seriously lol" are just irritating and, frankly, slightly suspicious. We are not "taking it too seriously" at all; obviously these survivors don't actually matter and are really just for a bit of fun/interest, but the entire reason that we run them is to gauge the opinions/consensus of the forum. If trolls are going to ruin this, then it entirely defeats the point of running them and we may as well just get rid of this sub-forum. The claim that "it happened twice in a row so the results must be real" is also pretty laughable; I think it's safe to assume that these trolls have nothing better to do with their time than spoil the fun of others, so it is absolutely believable that they would do it over and over again.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter. There's no point in addressing the trolls because they clearly have no intention of listening anyway, so as I said, my recommendation is to run the survivors via posts rather than polls.

Progmetty:
So what are the trolls doing? are you saying people register new accounts to put extra votes on their favorite options?

Jirpo:
Well I haven't noticed any trolling on the Maiden survivor yet (aside from the outrageous voters for this album!  >:( ), so I'll continue using polls for now.

Thanks for the heads up, Ariich.

ariich:

--- Quote from: metty on May 03, 2011, 04:12:19 AM ---So what are the trolls doing? are you saying people register new accounts to put extra votes on their favorite options?

--- End quote ---
As far as we can tell it is people who don't usually take part in the surivivor voting for a popular song just to screw with the results.

--- Quote from: Jirpo on May 03, 2011, 04:14:55 AM ---Well I haven't noticed any trolling on my survivor yet (aside from the outrageous voters for this album!  >:( ), so I'll continue using polls for now.

--- End quote ---
Fo' sho', if you don't suspect any shenanigans then don't worry too much about it. But if you do, then I think changing the way of doing is better than re-running rounds (which is what I did in the DT one) or just eliminating the song with the next highest votes (as some others have done), both of which end up being a bit contentious, and the former just ends up pointless if the trolls do the same thing again. :lol

Zydar:

--- Quote from: Jirpo on May 03, 2011, 04:14:55 AM ---Well I haven't noticed any trolling on my survivor yet (aside from the outrageous voters for this album!  >:( ), so I'll continue using polls for now.

--- End quote ---

Same here with my Judas Priest survivor. But I'll keep it in mind if it should occur.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version