Author Topic: Texas cops bust cockfighting ring at children's party  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Texas cops bust cockfighting ring at children's party
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:00:22 AM »
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/the-other-side/texas-cops-bust-cockfighting-ring-at-childrens-party/story-e6frfhk6-1226048106050

POLICE busted a cockfighting ring in Texas that was using a children's party as its front.

Acting on an anonymous tip, deputies from the Liberty County Sheriff's Office showed up at a property in Dayton, Texas - about 65 km northeast of Houston - to investigate a report of a cockfighting operation.

When they arrived, the officers discovered a children's party underway, complete with a waterslide and a picnic table.

But suspects began to emerge from behind the innocent revelry, fleeing to their vehicles and on foot into the tree line, upon seeing the deputies.

Several suspects sped away in their cars, some even crashing into one another and driving through a wooden fence, police said.

As the children stood by the waterslide, crying, police officers discovered a grisly scene of dead and dying fowl - some suffering severe blood loss and cuts. The birds were found just feet from where the children were playing, police said.

Live fowl were found pinned in cages throughout the entire property, some still armed with deadly steel blades attached to their beaks.

Inside a small barn, officers discovered a fighting ring, complete with scales, tags, entry slips and other evidence of cockfights.

Officials from the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) responded to the scene and recovered 48 live birds - many valued in excess of $1000 each - and also removed a horse and two dogs in poor condition from the property.

Officers arrested Jose Lara and Irasema Ramirez at the scene for failing to identify and interfering with a law enforcement investigation. Police said additional charges and more arrests could be expected as the investigation continues.

wtf
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Texas cops bust cockfighting ring at children's party
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 10:20:17 AM »
What a glorious headline. :lol
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 10:27:19 AM »
They should just move to PR, cockfighting's legal.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: Did they also arrest Kenny Powers?
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
I'm not saying racism is correct or even acceptable, but I knew that if any names were released, they'd be Hispanic. Such judgments, however correct, are still wrong.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 03:49:58 PM »
this is one of those news stories that I would have expected webpoet to post back in the day :lol

Also, :tup for another wonderful title change from LHK
Photobucket sucks.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 10:17:46 PM »
Every time I see this topic I think it's related to the butt-doctor thread over in P/R.   :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson