Author Topic: Regarding my ban from P/R  (Read 1599 times)

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
Regarding my ban from P/R
« on: April 29, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »
I'm not making this thread to be a jerk about my ban. I'm making this because a) The reason for my ban is unclear, and b) bosk, who banned me, won't reply to my PM.

This is the post that I was apparently banned for. It was aimed at a poster who at one point had sent me a string of (let's just say) highly emotional PMs.

Oh, you cleaned your inbox out? Does that mean I can reply to your hate mails now?

What forum rule did I break? Is this really deserving of a ban and not a warning? Maybe I shouldn't have referred to the poster's PMs as "hate mails," but as soon as I posted that, I got a PM from a different user saying "So I wasn't the only one getting hate mails from him!" so I'm not the only person who felt that way.

I'd appreciate it if my ban be reconsidered.

Thank you.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Regarding my ban from P/R
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:42:09 PM »
Hey Ack, I'm not trying to defend your ban or anything, but I think Bosk may have considered it baiting or something.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 11:44:20 PM »
Hmm yeah, I would agree with Adami. It just has that feel, even if you are being sincere. If bosk isn't replying maybe try asking ariich or Nick.

Just don't ask hefdaddy42 because I heard he is mean.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 11:47:44 PM »
@Everybody else:  Continue to antagonize, flame, insult, etc. EpicView, and it will be you who are gone.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: I'm very psychic, yes.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 11:48:18 PM »
I predict a lock.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 11:53:58 PM »
@Everybody else:  Continue to antagonize, flame, insult, etc. EpicView, and it will be you who are gone.

Oops, didn't see that. It was only my second post in that thread. The antagonizing, flaming and insulting of EV before that was something I had nothing whatsoever to do with. My bad anyhow.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 02:06:57 AM »
That series of threads with EV was so full of everyone being out of line, including (and especially) me, everyone else (mostly), epicview himself, and even the occasional mod included. No-one should be banned, but what needs to be done is remind the board again how to hold discussions with people who have views completely far-fetched from your own.

Offline jsem

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 03:02:48 AM »
I agree with PC. These debates have been pretty loaded... and I think we all should try to be a bit more civilized in there

And you also didn't have to ban over this, might've been enough with a fair warning.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 05:46:34 AM »
And you also didn't have to ban over this, might've been enough with a fair warning.
I can't speak for this particular incident, but in general P/R-only bans are (1) usually for around a week, and (2) generally for things that don't outright break forum rules (because those would lead to a full ban) but things that in some way are inappropriate in P/R or in a certain discussion.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jsem

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 06:31:55 AM »
Oh, I didn't know that. Ty for clearing that up  :)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 07:04:30 AM »
Rich has answered your question to some degree, and for anything further you can wait for a response from Bosk or message one of the two P/R mods.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1