Author Topic: How do you Offend someone with your Zillow listing?  (Read 975 times)

Offline nickel

How do you Offend someone with your Zillow listing?
« on: April 29, 2011, 06:51:42 PM »
Are there any Zillow experts here who can help me understand how my listing might be offensive to someone? I got an anonymous tip with no explanation that it's a problem. The only thing I did was set a ridiculously high Make Me Move price. I did it in fun as a way to show that I love the neighborhood and don't want to move. I don't know how Make Me Move works, but I can't see it being a problem... the Zestimate is still there. I don't work in the industry, so I don't know if it's a problem for a buyer, seller, realtor, mortgage broker or what. Anybody got any ideas?

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: It sounds like either world's worst pillow, or the best
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 08:08:39 PM »
Forgive me for my ignorance but... What's Zillow?
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
Re: How do you Offend someone with your Zillow listing?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 08:10:51 PM »
Spam.

Offline nickel

Re: How do you Offend someone with your Zillow listing?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 08:50:06 PM »
zillow.com is a web site that lets people see home values (your own or a neighborhood you might want to move to). I know a realtor who doesn't like it because it allows common people to do a lot of their own legwork that realtors think realtors should do.  If you own a home, you're on Zillow (at least in the USA)... so, no, this isn't spam. So, for my house, I put a Make Me Move price on it... just for fun.  And then I got an anonymous message telling me I was a jerk. I know there are certain people who get upset when their neighbors do things that could lower their property values (like painting the house a garish color scheme). But... I'm not sure how the Make Me Move price would equal something like that.  So since I've been hanging out here all day celebrating the announcement of the new drummer, I just figured I'd ask, in case some other DT fans know real estate.

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: 'Mangini'? Oh, this is gonna be good.......
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 09:53:32 PM »
Oh, they announced that today? Damn, I'm falling behind.

Anyway, I guess that "Make me move" price could ruffle some oversensitive person's feathers, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. It doesn't sound like that has much of an impact on anything.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy