Author Topic: Royal Wedding: Kate & Will <3  (Read 18034 times)

Offline PaulEMoz

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Royal Wedding: Kate & Will <3
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »
Was Obama really not invited?  Wow.

It was a Royal function, but not a State function, as William is not the current monarch or next in line.  This meant that they had a lot more freedom concerning who they invited or didn't invite.

Yeah, basically there were no politicians there, outside our own Prime Minister.  It wasn't a political event, so it wasn't really their place to be there unless they were also very good friends of the family.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2011, 05:29:11 PM »
you know how much shit obama would get if he went?

people would never let go of that

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2011, 04:21:47 AM »
Was Obama really not invited?  Wow.

It was a Royal function, but not a State function, as William is not the current monarch or next in line.  This meant that they had a lot more freedom concerning who they invited or didn't invite.

Yeah, basically there were no politicians there, outside our own Prime Minister.  It wasn't a political event, so it wasn't really their place to be there unless they were also very good friends of the family.
Tony Blair and Gordon Brown weren't invited yet Margaret Thatcher and John Major were!

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2011, 04:52:27 AM »
Julia Gillard was there as well. I wouldn't be surprised if people didn't know who she is though.

Offline cookienut

• Far Away From Home
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2011, 05:19:13 AM »
Julia Gillard was there as well. I wouldn't be surprised if people didn't know who she is though.

Nor would they want to...She's basically Kath and Kim but running the country. Scary stuff.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2011, 07:05:33 AM »
I heard AndyDT wasn't invited.