Author Topic: Being Scammed At A Local McDonalds...  (Read 51411 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Being Scammed At A Local McDonalds...
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »
Tick was completely justified in yelling at the employee and his manager.
I did not yell at the manager. I was very polite in informing her she has a thief working for her. She was very thankful for what I told her.

Oh, even better then.

:offtopic:  We're talking about New Order now.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ehra

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2011, 04:13:32 PM »
Lastly. Anyone who called me out on the kid being black has a point. I did not have to mention it, but I just chose to.

Thank you for your honesty.
But say the kid was white, and tick chose to mention it. Would you have called it out?
I personally would have, because in the context of this story the color of the skin the kid has is completely irrelevant.

So was the first sentence of the OP.

What the fuck, Tick? You think I care about your lunch habits?

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2011, 04:13:43 PM »
I hate when threads move so fast and you just finish typing up a long post and someone has already stated what you were going to say.  :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2011, 04:13:57 PM »
...in the context of this story the color of the skin the kid has is completely irrelevant.

Yes, it was.  And so was the fact that he was young.  And that he was male.  So?
Yeah, that's completely irrelevant also.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2011, 04:14:24 PM »
I hate when threads move so fast and you just finish typing up a long post and someone has already stated what you were going to say.  :lol

No kidding.  :lolpalm:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jsem

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2011, 04:14:28 PM »
Where do I start with these guys, which album should I get?

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2011, 04:16:24 PM »
Now, everyone is complaining at tick for the black thing but what people should be having at a go at him for is for buying food at McDonalds.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »
Tick was completely justified in yelling at the employee and his manager.
I did not yell at the manager. I was very polite in informing her she has a thief working for her. She was very thankful for what I told her.

Oh, even better then.

:offtopic:  We're talking about New Order now.
Yeah, come on, guys.

I think my favorite New Order album is Power, Corruption, & Lies. None of their albums are weak, but PCL just has so many goodies like Age of Consent, Blue Monday, and Leave Me Alone. And the synths are ridiculously infectious. Brotherhood is the runner-up.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2011, 04:17:18 PM »
The amount of underlying racism in this thread from some of our most senior members is really disheartening.

Sorry, but in the context of this thread, that's just stupid.  There has been nothing racist posted in this thread.  The fact that Quad is a really intelligent, well-spoken poster makes that kind of stupid accusation even more disappointing.
I actually thought that was in reference to TV's joke.

Oh, I didn't catch that.  But still, that's not even remotely racist.  He was quoting a comedy routine that, honestly, sounds like something I would expect Jamie Fox, Tracy Morgan, or Chris Rock to say in their routines.  
I figured Chris Rock.  Never payed any attention to the other two.

I didn't think much of it, but I did find it fairly conspicuous when Tick mentioned he was black.  You might be onto something that it's unfortunate that we automatically notice such things, but it is what it is.  Nothing racist, just noticeable.  Then TV's joke.  Again, nothing racist there.  However, TV's joke after Tick's mentioning of the thief being black actually did create a bit of an undertone to the thread.  Nothing that would have offended me, but it was there.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »
Where do I start with these guys, which album should I get?

I recommend Brotherhood.  Unless you think that it having the word "Brother" in it is a reference to Black people.  In that case, I would recommend Substance.  Uh...unless you think it is a reference to Black people selling drugs.  In which case...uh...just go with a Symphony X record instead, 'k?

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2011, 04:19:45 PM »
Bizzare Love Triangle is such a good song.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »
I didn't think much of it, but I did find it fairly conspicuous when Tick mentioned he was black.  You might be onto something that it's unfortunate that we automatically notice such things, but it is what it is.  Nothing racist, just noticeable.  Then TV's joke.  Again, nothing racist there.  However, TV's joke after Tick's mentioning of the thief being black actually did create a bit of an undertone to the thread.  Nothing that would have offended me, but it was there.

I guess.  I just think people are being too sensitive, and people who don't even have a right to be.  If someone who actually is Black came into the thread and said he/she was offended, that might be a different story.  But even then...  Well, never mind.  This isn't really worth the fuss.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2011, 04:22:10 PM »
Lebanese & Irish guy telling you all to cut it out or else. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »

I guess.  I just think people are being too sensitive, and people who don't even have a right to be.  If someone who actually is Black came into the thread and said he/she was offended, that might be a different story.  But even then...  Well, never mind.  This isn't really worth the fuss.
Yeah, I'm actually more freaked out to find that I somehow ended up defending both Tick and Quad in the same thread.  Kind of disorienting, actually.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2011, 04:25:18 PM »
:lol  All I know is, thanks to this thread, there's no way I'm going with the first caption that came to mind in the caption thread.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2011, 04:27:41 PM »
Now, everyone is complaining at tick for the black thing but what people should be having at a go at him for is for buying food at McDonalds.
Yeah seriously.

Eat some proper food, tick.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2011, 04:29:07 PM »
I don't see anything in the initial post linking it to the person's race.  He was just describing the kid, and the fact that he is Black provides part of the description.  He also said he is a young kid.  Does that imply all young kids steal?  He said it was a male.  Was he implying all males steal?  He also said he was working the drive through.  Do all drive-through employees steal?  

There's nothing wrong whatsoever with mentioning race.  The only thing wrong I see is that people want to imagine racism where there is none.  That makes me more ashamed than anything else I've seen in this thread.

@Z:  Yeah, one of Quad's posts was saying Tick shouldn't have flipped out, but remained calm.  And that's fine.  Agree or disagree, that's a valid position.  But then he said this crap:

The amount of underlying racism in this thread from some of our most senior members is really disheartening.

Sorry, but in the context of this thread, that's just stupid.  There has been nothing racist posted in this thread.  The fact that Quad is a really intelligent, well-spoken poster makes that kind of stupid accusation even more disappointing.

This is the most level-headed post in the entire thread.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2011, 04:30:20 PM »
Every time tick post it causes a shitstorm over nothing.  I suggest whenever you read tick's post read it in Archie Bunker's voice as to disarm your  rage.  He means well, it's just he has an Archie Bunker way of typing it. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2011, 04:31:42 PM »
I should go back to my Archie Bunker avatar.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2011, 04:32:04 PM »
I think it's a sign that everyone should leave it all behind and listen to some New Order.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »
ain't nothin wrong with mcdonalds

check it, in a cheeseburger, you got all the food groups

grains = bun
veggies = pickles
meat = beef
dairy = cheese.

i forgot about fruit, but that dont matter
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2011, 04:38:13 PM »
I should go back to my Archie Bunker avatar.

Yes!

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2011, 04:39:23 PM »
Every time tick post it causes a shitstorm over nothing.  I suggest whenever you read tick's post read it in Archie Bunker's voice as to disarm your  rage.  He means well, it's just he has an Archie Bunker way of typing it. :lol
You do have to say, I start some entertaining threads. No matter what I post, it does turn into a shitstorm.

Here is the reality of the thread.
A thief is scamming customers repeatedly and chose me as a victim on several occasions.
It is not about the fact I was stern towards him from my car for ripping me off every time I go through the drive through, or the fact I said fuck while calling him out for being a douche.

I am not the bad guy here despite other thoughts to the contrary.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »

grains = bun
veggies = pickles
meat = beef
dairy = cheese.

Dunno about you, but I always have a banana in my cheeseburger.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2011, 04:42:20 PM »
I don't think you're the bad guy, Tick.  I just think there is a better way to respond to a situation like this.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2011, 04:42:55 PM »
You do have to say, I start some entertaining threads. No matter what I post, it does turn into a shitstorm.

Here is the reality of the thread.
A thief is scamming customers repeatedly and chose me as a victim on several occasions.
It is not about the fact I was stern towards him from my car for ripping me off every time I go through the drive through, or the fact I said fuck while calling him out for being a douche.

I am not the bad guy here despite other thoughts to the contrary.

Oh absolutely tick.  It's just the way you type that riles the younins.

Offline j

« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2011, 04:59:48 PM »
Tick may be a great human being or he may be in the KKK...I don't care.  Believe it or not, skin color is a useful physical descriptor that is readily apparent.  The racist witch hunt going on in this country (and in this thread) is just another part of the problem.

-J

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2011, 05:02:34 PM »
Taking quarters from hard working customers to put toward their fountain pen and paper fund.

I use my quarter profits for buying dank nugs to smoke with sloppy bitches

I laughed pretty damn hard at this. :lol
I know this is the wrong thread, but I appreciate sonatafanica for his humour.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2011, 05:04:55 PM »

grains = bun
veggies = pickles
meat = beef
dairy = cheese.

The only worthwhile post in this thread.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2011, 05:20:40 PM »
No, you were the bad guy for completely blowing up in the restaurant. There's nothing wrong with calling out a thieving employee. It's quite another to throw a 'tantrum', as it were, in the middle of a restaurant. It's bad for business. What you SHOULD have done is called the manager over IMMEDIATELY and talked it out. Your reaction wasn't called for

As far as I understand it, Tick flipped out from his car at the drive-through.

edit: Reread the OP and he was definitely in his car at the time. Not in the middle of the restaurant.

Holding up the line then. I could have sworn he was inside... But either way, the reaction was over the top.

Why? The guy was ripping him and probably everyone else off, the amount doesn't matter (although I'm sure the manager wouldn't think that a lost quarter off every customer that guy serves is insignificant). We're really going to dedicate another thread to bashing Tick, this time for yelling at a thief?

It sounds harsher in the OP. And this has nothing to do with bashing tick. I was merely stating my opinion that I felt he overreacted

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »
Why do you hate old white people, PLM?  Are you racist or ageist?  I'm not sure.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2011, 05:34:52 PM »
i didn't realize we weren't being serious anymore :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2011, 05:35:44 PM »
:hearts:

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2011, 05:44:33 PM »
Hey bosk, you need to upgrade to pro today. :neverusethis:
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2011, 05:52:09 PM »
As a manager that has been in many similar situations working the drive thru, I've had complaints about my employees working the DT. It is absolutely no help to yell because it creates unneeded tension.

That said, I understand the mess. Somebody is ripping you off. Maybe a tiny bit, but it's the principle of the matter. That kid doesn't have much integrity doing what he is doing. If that happened where I work, we would move him off the register and to where there is no money handling, and, depending on the severity or amount, would get him audited. Yeah, my job doesn't play around.

Tick, as a manager for about 5 years in food service, I'd say next time just get the manager and be calm. I know it's such a stupid situation and can anger people, but a good manager will help you out. A bad manager? Then you call the corporate office and complain. Gah, I am too familiar with this...I've never had a complaint on me (because I know how to calm people down), but I have seen many managers get written up for not taking care of the customer.

Every customer is not worth saving.

Corporate higher-ups would like to have a word with you.

Oh, by the way, to me, it seemed like Tick was using "black" as a descriptor. Like, that was how we was able to see the pattern more easily in how his quarters were not being handed to him. All the black people I work with are cool and call me the "n" word all the time and I call them it also, and we pick on our Jewish employee and he's cool with it. One of the black girls said she'd have my baby, actually, so hey.