Author Topic: Apple Sue Samsung  (Read 4506 times)

Offline Riceball

• It's the economy, stupid.
Re: Apple Sue Samsung
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »
Great post! This looks like its going to get interesting for sure.

I've seen this morning (or, this evening - depending on where you are) that Samsung have indeed counter-sued; but for breeches of their wireless patents. Someone called in earlier in the thread.

Like I said earlier, I think this is more about Apple trying to assert its dominance on the new gadget market - trying to discourage any more competition in the market. I for one don't think they can really claim copyright on the vast majority of whats presented there; they could have something on the design and feel of the OS though (not the specific icons).

I agree its lame to sue over it, but when your business is built on the look and feel of the device, I can see why they would be a bit miffed.
I punch those numbers into my calculator and they make a happy face.

A $500 Musical Odyssey: Now accepting nominations

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 04:42:33 AM »
https://www.engadget.com/2011/04/21/samsung-strikes-back-at-apple-with-10-patent-infringement-claims/

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone: in the latest chapter of the Apple-Samsung dispute over their smartphones' resemblance, the latter company has just retaliated by filing lawsuits against Apple in three countries. Sammy's load of ammo includes five patent infringements in South Korea, two in Japan, and three in Germany, though we've yet to hear more details about these claims. Now we just sit back and enjoy the show -- popcorn, anyone?

I AM SURPRISED

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 04:56:12 AM »
lawl
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 09:02:37 AM »
I'll be interested to see how this plays out.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 09:04:11 AM »
https://www.engadget.com/2011/04/21/samsung-strikes-back-at-apple-with-10-patent-infringement-claims/

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone: in the latest chapter of the Apple-Samsung dispute over their smartphones' resemblance, the latter company has just retaliated by filing lawsuits against Apple in three countries. Sammy's load of ammo includes five patent infringements in South Korea, two in Japan, and three in Germany, though we've yet to hear more details about these claims. Now we just sit back and enjoy the show -- popcorn, anyone?

I AM SURPRISED

I don't think Samsung would have done this if they weren't sure they could win.  They aren't about losing money.

:P

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 09:06:53 AM »
:rollin :rollin
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 04:08:19 PM »

I AM SURPRISED

I don't think Samsung would have done this if they weren't sure they could win.  They aren't about losing money.

:P
:lol

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2011, 03:18:43 AM »
As predicted, 5 days later, no one cares anymore.

You and me go parallel, together and apart