Author Topic: Transformers ONE - First Trailer Now Out! Film coming this September!  (Read 252 times)

Offline The Letter M

https://youtu.be/5a09yJU-mCI?si=KUwnXwQHKkvlRUFH

As a lifelong Transformers fan, I find this.... okay. I'm not entirely offended by it, and it could be fun in a Super Mario Bros. The Movie (2023) sort of way, but it feels VERY punchy.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Transformers ONE - First Trailer Now Out! Film coming this September!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 08:55:33 AM »
Hmm. Not at all for me, but looks like a fun kid's movie.

Whenever I have kids, I'd be happy to watch it with them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 09:05:55 AM »
I'm kind of glad I never jumped into the Transformers pool with both feet.  I mean, I had plenty of the toys as a kid, but it never went beyond that.

I know people who LOVE the whole thing, including the original animated film, and I can only imagine some of the horrors those hardcore fans have had to endure over the years.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 09:20:44 AM »
I'm kind of glad I never jumped into the Transformers pool with both feet.  I mean, I had plenty of the toys as a kid, but it never went beyond that.

I know people who LOVE the whole thing, including the original animated film, and I can only imagine some of the horrors those hardcore fans have had to endure over the years.

I mean, I loved The Transformers as a kid. The original series, the original movie, all through Beast Machines.

It was, in my opinion, really fun and well made/written stuff for kids that people who liked it as kids can also enjoy, to varying degrees, as adults. Specifically things like the original animated movie. But they were never sacred or anything. So the Bay movies being terrible (yes, even the first one) and only having one good movie in Bumblebee doesn't bug me much. I just don't watch them if I don't like them.

It's not like we're talking about Star Trek, here.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 10:54:25 AM »
It's not like we're talking about Star Trek, here.
Good point lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2024, 02:28:44 PM »
I mean, I loved The Transformers as a kid. The original series, the original movie, all through Beast Machines.

You liked Beast Machines?

Online Adami

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 02:30:11 PM »
You liked Beast Machines?

I honestly have no idea how to interpret that.

But I remember liking it. But now? As a 39 year old man? Who knows?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 02:34:04 PM »
https://youtu.be/5a09yJU-mCI?si=KUwnXwQHKkvlRUFH

As a lifelong Transformers fan, I find this.... okay. I'm not entirely offended by it, and it could be fun in a Super Mario Bros. The Movie (2023) sort of way, but it feels VERY punchy.

-Marc.
I finally watched as much of this as I could stomach, which was about 30 seconds, maybe.

I mean, again, not a fan, but this looks and sounds awful.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024, 02:56:59 PM »
I honestly have no idea how to interpret that.

But I remember liking it. But now? As a 39 year old man? Who knows?

Beast Wars was my introduction to Transformers, and it's still my favorite cartoon. I think the animation still looks fine. It doesn't make my eyes bleed or anything. It's dated, sure, but for me, and I may be a little biased, it holds up just fine. For Beast Machines, Hasbro hired all new writers and told them not to watch Beast Wars, and you can tell. Character assassinations all around. Beast Machines took a huge dump all over Beast Wars, and only out of curiosity do I know how it ends because I gave up maybe before the first season ended. People say it has deep philosophical messages and it's very adult for a cartoon. I don't care. I can go on and on about how much I hate Beast Machines. I'll be 39 in a month and a half, and Beast Wars is still special to me.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2024, 03:51:57 PM »
This trailer is an abomination. Maybe if I was 8 years old I would enjoy it.

Online Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2024, 04:13:14 PM »
This is not meant for me, and I know it. I'm not offended, and will likely see it. But I'm not going to hold it to my standard. It's just like the TMNT movie from last summer. It annoyed me, but it was still fun. Not meant for me.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2024, 04:24:51 AM »
Looks VERY campy.  No desire to watch the sound.  I kept thinking that there's likely some kind of AI involved to give Hemsworth's voice a twinge of similarity to Cullen's.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2024, 06:50:13 AM »
This trailer is an abomination. Maybe if I was 8 years old I would enjoy it.

My daughter is 8 years old and this is too corny/cheesy for her already. They could have made this a little more grown up so you don't feel like you're watching robot bubble guppies.  :corn

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2024, 10:11:06 AM »
Transformers was my favorite toy franchise for a couple years of my youth. The cartoon, the toys, the endless hours playing with friends. I began to move on from them around the time the first animated film came out, which was unfortunate timing. I never followed anything from the franchise after that. I have never even heard of Beast Machines.

I couldn't finish watching that trailer.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2024, 11:04:40 AM »
Transformers was my favorite toy franchise for a couple years of my youth. The cartoon, the toys, the endless hours playing with friends. I began to move on from them around the time the first animated film came out, which was unfortunate timing. I never followed anything from the franchise after that. I have never even heard of Beast Machines.

I couldn't finish watching that trailer.

Beast Machines is the shitty sequel to Beast Wars, which is about the Maximals and Predacons who are the descendants of the Autobots and Decepticons. It takes place 300 years after the war ended, but they travel back in time to prehistoric earth, which is why they have animal alt modes. Since disguise is not a factor, the beast modes shield them from the over abundance of energon on the planet. Its a fun show with great story telling and characters. Most of season 1 is scheme of the week with some world building sprinkled throughout, until the last few episodes where the main story thread of the show starts to take shape. Season 2 is basically all story and is my favorite of the 3.