Author Topic: Tremonti Thread v. A DYING MACHINE  (Read 71805 times)

Offline mikeyd23

Re: Tremonti Thread v. DUST, 4.29.16
« Reply #350 on: April 27, 2016, 07:53:01 AM »
I didn't think this came out until the 29th... I'll listen to it Friday when it comes out and post my thoughts. I'm assuming it leaked, but I'd rather wait and listen to it properly.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
Re: Tremonti Thread v. DUST OUT NOW
« Reply #351 on: April 28, 2016, 11:15:37 PM »
Dust just downloaded from my iTunes!!! Gonna fire up this bad boy and kick back with a few brewskis  :metal :metal :metal

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #352 on: April 29, 2016, 02:17:21 PM »
The Cage is becoming one of my favorite Tremonti songs  :metal

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #353 on: May 01, 2016, 04:56:44 AM »
Dust (the song) has been around for a while but it is an amazing song, probably the best of this album. After that though The Cage, Catching Fire, My Last Mistake... very hard to choose, so many good ones.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #354 on: May 02, 2016, 06:54:29 AM »
Does anyone know when this is going to be released on Spotify? I don't see it there...

Offline Basekick

« Reply #355 on: May 02, 2016, 10:45:51 AM »
Dust (the song) has been around for a while but it is an amazing song, probably the best of this album. After that though The Cage, Catching Fire, My Last Mistake... very hard to choose, so many good ones.

Not a fan of Betray Me?  Even after plenty more spins, it's still the undisputed #1 for me.
"10,000 hours of practice - not talent - creates virtuosos."

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."  - Jimi Hendrix

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #356 on: May 02, 2016, 11:16:59 AM »

Not a fan of Betray Me?  Even after plenty more spins, it's still the undisputed #1 for me.
I am indeed a fan, it would be next on that list for me  :lol Not my #1 on the album but it is great. "Remember hope, remember faith remember trust" - that part is probably the one that has been stuck in my head most since getting the album, and the outro is one of the best too.

The only songs on the album I am not very impressed by so far are Tore My Heart Out and Rising Storm (which seems very forgettable).

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #357 on: May 02, 2016, 02:52:54 PM »
Does anyone know when this is going to be released on Spotify? I don't see it there...
I keep checking for it as well. They may wait a week before they release it there.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #358 on: May 02, 2016, 08:35:47 PM »

I am indeed a fan, it would be next on that list for me  :lol Not my #1 on the album but it is great. "Remember hope, remember faith remember trust" - that part is probably the one that has been stuck in my head most since getting the album, and the outro is one of the best too.

The only songs on the album I am not very impressed by so far are Tore My Heart Out and Rising Storm (which seems very forgettable).

I'm the opposite! I really like Tore My Heart Out but not too impressed by Betray Me

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #359 on: May 03, 2016, 08:54:49 AM »
Spun Dust all day yesterday at work. Enjoyable, but nothing grabbed me out of the gates the way a couple tracks from Cauterize did. I'll definitely spend some more time with it in the coming weeks though.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #360 on: May 04, 2016, 04:38:39 AM »
Spun Dust all day yesterday at work. Enjoyable, but nothing grabbed me out of the gates the way a couple tracks from Cauterize did. I'll definitely spend some more time with it in the coming weeks though.
Yeah, it's a very solid album, but I would say it doesn't have the variety and dynamism of Cauterize. Lots of really strong songs though.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #361 on: May 05, 2016, 08:02:25 AM »
First song from the new album to click for me: Once Dead. It's all about the choruses for me with his songs, I can always count on good riffing and solos.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #362 on: May 05, 2016, 08:20:41 AM »
Man, I wish they'd release this album on Spotify... I'll buy it for sure, I just haven't had the time, plus the majority of my music listening happens now a days at work through Spotify.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #363 on: May 27, 2016, 08:31:01 AM »
Wow, this is a new discovery for me.  I don't know why I didn't investigate this until now, but I have "Dust" and I like it quite a bit more than I thought I would.  I don't like Creed.  At all.  That's what's kept me away but I decided to check them out.

I see now that there are two previous albums.  Same or similar quality/sound?

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #364 on: May 27, 2016, 08:36:06 AM »
I haven't heard the new album yet, I haven't been too interested in Tremonti's solo project lately.

I know the previous two though, Dust and the previous album 'Cauterize' consist of 20 tracks in total and were divided after the writing process. 10 of which were released last year under 'Cauterize', and Dust, which you have listened to, has the other 10 tracks. So I assume these albums are both about the same quality. If you dug Dust you'll probably like Cauterize too.

I prefer All I Was, the debut, over both Cauterize and the songs I've heard from Dust so far though, but that's just me.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #365 on: May 27, 2016, 08:55:28 AM »
Yeah like Train said, Cauterize is very similar to Dust. All I Was (their first album) has a little different sound, but still pretty similar.

Mark's pretty amazing, certainly one of my favorite song writers around today. I think a lot of people hear his name, associate him with Creed, and write him off without even listening. This stuff ain't Creed by any stretch.

I think I've said before and I'll say again, Tremonti is filling a void by doing pretty darn heavy metal with very melodic vocals better than most anyone right now.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #366 on: May 27, 2016, 09:12:41 AM »
^that's what drew me in, also the fact that he's right on the edge of Baritone/Tenor on his vocals - I fucking love metal singers in this range.  Not that there are many of them that are this good.  Zachary Stevens (Savatage, Circle II Circle) has a similar vocal range/tone.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #367 on: May 27, 2016, 09:23:00 AM »
^that's what drew me in, also the fact that he's right on the edge of Baritone/Tenor on his vocals - I fucking love metal singers in this range.  Not that there are many of them that are this good.  Zachary Stevens (Savatage, Circle II Circle) has a similar vocal range/tone.

I really like Mark's voice. According to interviews I've seen with him, it took him a long time to work up the confidence to sing lead and he spent a lot of time working on his vocals privately.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #368 on: May 27, 2016, 12:47:29 PM »

I think I've said before and I'll say again, Tremonti is filling a void by doing pretty darn heavy metal with very melodic vocals better than most anyone right now.

I agree with that, heavy songs with great melodies, vocals at Mark's range and without growls, it's all I was asking for!  :tup
I only have Cauterize and Dust, but I'm really loving these albuns. By the way, although I'm still beginning to listen to Alter Bridge, and no doubt, so far, my opinion is that AB is at least a good band, I am still liking Tremonti albuns more.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:09:46 PM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2016, 01:06:07 PM »
Dust is now on Spotify if anyone has been waiting to listen.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #370 on: May 27, 2016, 06:33:51 PM »
Yeah, it's a very solid album, but I would say it doesn't have the variety and dynamism of Cauterize. Lots of really strong songs though.

I'm on the same train.

That said, Dust has a LOT of growers. It's very quickly become #2 behind Cauterize for me, and it's certainly not because the first record sucks.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #371 on: May 28, 2016, 01:25:40 PM »
I finally got a chance listen...

Hell Fucking Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure where it stands, gotta listen wayyy more. But it sure fuckin rocks, that I know. :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #372 on: May 29, 2016, 04:32:02 AM »
Got my copy of Dust and have had quite a few listens.  IMO this shits all over Cauterize, so much better IMO.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #373 on: February 03, 2018, 11:07:06 AM »
Wow.  A year and a half since the last post in this thread.  Anyway, it was announced that Tremonti has signed onto Napalm Records (in which Alter Bridge and Myles Kennedy is also a part of the label as well).  Their 4th album will be titled, "A Dying Machine" and of course, it will be out this year.  I must say, Napalm Records must be treating Alter Bridge really well if they decided that they want Tremonti and Myles Kennedy as a solo artist to be part of their roster.  Here's the short announcement video and description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa6tGCWozAY

(February 1, 2018 – New York, NY) – Tremonti, the band comprised of Mark Tremonti on vocals/guitars, Eric Friedman on guitars, and Garrett Whitlock on drums, have signed a new worldwide record deal with Napalm Records. The band will be releasing their fourth full-length album, A Dying Machine, via the label. A teaser video from Mark announcing the album can be seen via Napalm’s YouTube page here: https://youtu.be/qa6tGCWozAY.  Napalm Records is home to metal notables such as DevilDriver, Otep, Myles Kennedy, Hoobastank, Life Of Agony, Monster Magnet, Kamelot, and W.A.S.P. among others. The label is also home to Mark Tremonti’s other powerhouse band Alter Bridge and recently released the critically acclaimed collection Live From The O2 Arena + Rarities.

“I’m really looking forward to partnering up with Napalm again after they did such an excellent job promoting Alter Bridge,” explains Mark Tremonti.

“We are thrilled to work with TREMONTI and are looking forward to a bright future with the upcoming releases!” adds Thomas Caser, Managing Director of Napalm Records.

Tremonti are currently in the studio recording A Dying Machine with longtime producer, Michael “Elvis” Baskette. The release date of the album will be announced in the future, but fans can go to https://www.fret12.com/collections/tr... to pre-order the new album in various fan bundles. There is also an exclusive listening party and performance event scheduled for May 12th at the Social in Orlando, FL that is currently on sale. Tremonti has been confirmed as direct support for Iron Maiden throughout Europe in July. The band has also confirmed slots at Carolina Rebellion, Lunatic Luau, Graspop Metal Meeting, Hellfest & Wacken Open Air.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #374 on: February 04, 2018, 02:11:01 PM »
^ love everything about it except Elvis.

I’m a firm believer that sometimes artists stick with producers too long and could be well served to work with someone new who could bring fresh ideas in terms of arrangements and sonics.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #375 on: March 22, 2018, 05:31:12 PM »
Well, this is an interesting twist.  As did Myles wrote a relatively concept album revolving around the year his father passed away, Mark is making A Dying Machine, a concept album.  It looks to be sci-fi based.  He also is teaming up with a steampunk sci-fi author to write a novel titled "A Dying Machine"

The author looks like he wrote stuff that goes well with the potential themes that A Dying Machine could bring.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Shirley

This is something that I did not expect Mark to do at all.  I wonder if the execution of the novel release is going to be better than TA's?

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #376 on: March 23, 2018, 07:01:03 AM »
Cool! I'm looking forward to this album, I hope Mark spreads his wings a little on this one and diversifies a little bit. The last couple albums are good but kinda samey.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #377 on: March 23, 2018, 07:52:40 AM »
Cool! I'm looking forward to this album, I hope Mark spreads his wings a little on this one and diversifies a little bit. The last couple albums are good but kinda samey.

Agreed. I loved All I Was. But Cauterize and Dust...should have been one record. If you remember, Mark said they recorded the best 20 songs at the same time, and did that so they could have two records on the shelf ready to be released. So they were samey, because it was the same writing and recording sessions. Some great tunes, but a shame at the same time, because I think if they just took the top 12 songs from both those albums, and cut out the filler, they'd have a record superior to All I Was.

So, I am feeling pretty good that this new one will top the last two, particularly since a lot of thought went into the concept. Looking forward to it.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #378 on: March 23, 2018, 05:43:46 PM »
I agree too.  All I Was was brilliant as it was something new.  You can tell the next two really just followed the same formula.  I hope too he changes it up a little bit.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline devieira73

« Reply #379 on: March 29, 2018, 07:58:52 AM »
https://shop.napalmrecords.com/tremonti-a-dying-machine-digipak-cd.html
There’s a little preview of one song on Napalms site also.
On the description is informed that they will tour with Iron Maiden. Cool!

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #380 on: March 29, 2018, 08:00:08 AM »
The little teaser sounded amazing. Cool concept. Can't wait!

Edit - just did my pre-order.

For folks in the US, Napalm has pre-orders up on the U.S. site too!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 08:12:11 AM by Samsara »
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline devieira73

« Reply #381 on: March 29, 2018, 08:06:01 AM »
Indeed cool! Just a fun fact, maybe I’m one of the few that first heard Myles Kennedy on Slash’s latest album, Tremonti on cauterized/dust, loved these 3 albums and, after that, decided to check Alter Bridge, beginning with Fortress!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #382 on: March 29, 2018, 08:08:41 AM »
Ambitious project, that's for sure. Looking forward to this record.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #383 on: March 29, 2018, 08:14:17 AM »
Indeed cool! Just a fun fact, maybe I’m one of the few that first heard Myles Kennedy on Slash’s latest album, Tremonti on cauterized/dust, loved these 3 albums and, after that, decided to check Alter Bridge, beginning with Fortress!

Welcome to the madness. AB hardcore fan here. I love Tremonti's solo project, and Myles with Slash is good too. Enjoy Myles solo record, but it is something I won't listen to all the time (I prefer the traditional hard rock/metal). But I am looking forward to seeing his solo show in May!

Ambitious project, that's for sure. Looking forward to this record.

I love the cover art too. For some reason it strikes me as the movie Ex Machina, but I dig it!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #384 on: March 29, 2018, 08:23:04 AM »
Oh also, they have a ton of info on the band's redesigned site -

https://tremontiproject.myshopify.com/#home