Author Topic: Is this suit ok for a wedding guest?  (Read 2316 times)

Offline vivid2012

Is this suit ok for a wedding guest?
« on: April 14, 2011, 12:33:26 AM »
So I have a summer wedding to attend. I know the bride and groom because they are my gf's flatmates. I bought *snip* a while back. because it was on sale and I loved it but never really had anything to wear it to. Do you think that would be ok to wear as a guest? I know the groom is wearing a simple suit, I don't want to be overdressed. I love the suit, I just don't want to be the only person that doesn't wear a simple top or something

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:04:40 PM by Nick »

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Is this suit ok for a wedding guest?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 12:42:42 AM »
I've been a wedding photographer for years and I can honestly say anything really goes. Wear what you'd like to wear. It can be casual to very formal. It's entirely up to you. The only thing that would be awkward is if you showed up wearing a nicer tux than the groom, or a wedding dress. >.> (Yes, I have seen that before.)

It's a nice suit, man! Wear it and enjoy the wedding and enjoy the free food and drinks.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 06:15:59 AM »
Looks great! Go for it.  :tup

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 06:20:43 AM »
Go for it. A suit is an appropriate thing to wear to a wedding. Just go without a tie if you want to look a little less formal.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 12:02:19 PM »
I've been a wedding photographer for years and I can honestly say anything really goes. Wear what you'd like to wear. It can be casual to very formal. It's entirely up to you. The only thing that would be awkward is if you showed up wearing a nicer tux than the groom, or a wedding dress. >.> (Yes, I have seen that before.)

It's a nice suit, man! Wear it and enjoy the wedding and enjoy the free food and drinks.

:rollin  WTF?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 02:20:07 PM »

Appearently he worked a wedding Dennis Rodman attended.

Offline vivid2012

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 03:27:01 AM »
Go for it. A suit is an appropriate thing to wear to a wedding. Just go without a tie if you want to look a little less formal.
thanks. I'll go for it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 10:54:27 AM »
Looks good.  I'd go with it.  When it comes to a wedding, it is always better to be a bit overdressed rather than the opposite  And if almost everyone else is casual, you can always take off your suit jacket and/or tie when the reception kicks in.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »

I worked at a country club where we did a gypsy wedding, and it was custom that all the married women wore their wedding dresses, no joke.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 01:16:43 PM »
Looks fine to me :tup
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 02:05:36 PM »
when i clicked the link, i was secretly hoping it was this suit

@OP should be fine.
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline adameastment

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 06:57:45 PM »
I was secretly hoping it was all pink. That would be the kinda thing you'd want to wear ;)