Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 628257 times)

Offline abydos

• DT.net
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2011, 04:28:10 PM »
Or just some spoiler tags.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2011, 05:59:28 AM »
Very god.  I just watched it last night.  For us Americans it's funny seeing Mark Addy as the king.  I used to seeing him in Still Standing and The Full Monty.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2011, 09:07:07 AM »
Casting wishes for season 2:

Dominic West as Davos
Christopher Eccleston as Stannis
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2011, 07:05:19 PM »
Yup, Season 2 confirmed!

Melisandre, Davos, Stannis, Jaqen, the Boltons and Asha are some of my favorite characters, I can't wait to see them :hat

And THE GOAT! I wonder if he'll come off ath more creepy or hilariouth... thith will be awethome.
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2011, 06:22:20 AM »
The NYT review was hilariously bad, as was her "response"

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2011, 03:20:55 PM »
People are still tearing her apart :lol
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2011, 04:33:34 PM »
Episode 2 tonight!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2011, 04:42:23 PM »
:caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine:

Let's see the Hound in action...

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2011, 05:03:33 PM »
And Renly!  And Barristan Selmy!
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Kosmo

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »
If you have iTunes there's an interview of the guy playing Hodor from a podcast called The YogPod. (Warning: it isn't all that serious..at all)

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »
i dont have HBO :( so i either have to wait for it to come online or my girlfriend always records them. she was hardcore into the books so she loves it...

.. also (i dont konw char names here) but dont you think Russell Allen wouldve been the perfect replacement for the king of the Starks? i think it was  :rollin

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2011, 08:04:03 PM »
That was some crazy shit.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2011, 08:07:05 PM »
Doesn't air for two hours here. Was it good?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2011, 08:39:24 PM »
I've watched an episode and a half.  It's a fucking awesome show....but it's blasphemous to claim it's better than LotR.

Although I'm guessing that starting with the second episode wasn't a good idea.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2011, 08:45:21 PM »
I don't think it's blasphemous.  The books are imo markedly superior to the LotR novels.

Whether or not the TV show will supersede the movies will be interesting.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2011, 05:07:06 AM »
I've watched an episode and a half.  It's a fucking awesome show....but it's blasphemous to claim it's better than LotR.

It's not blasphemous to claim it, especially if you haven't actually read the books.

But how have you seen an episode and a half, and started with the second episode?  There have only been two thus far.

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2011, 05:34:03 AM »
That was even better than the first episode. Teared up at Nymeria and Lady, which is... very unlike me. The actors are all wonderful, I wasn't completely sold on the first episode (despite very much enjoying it) but I'm growing attached to these characters all over again.

Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage better get Emmy nominations. And I love Masie Williams too :lol

In a crowning moment of heartwarming, Sophie Turner (Sansa)'s family adopted the dog that played Lady (the direwolf that was killed at the end). :laugh:

Also, this recap is hilarious, in a good way :rollin :rollin

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2011, 06:49:16 AM »
Sansa is just as annoying as she was in the books and the actress that plays her portrays her character perfectly. She's either an amazing performer or she's just as annoying irl :D

It appears that men in Westeros are told no more about sex than Arya was told about swordfighting: "Stick them with the pointy end."
:rollin
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:02:35 AM by abydos »

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2011, 07:32:41 AM »

It's not blasphemous to claim it, especially if you haven't actually read the books.

But how have you seen an episode and a half, and started with the second episode?  There have only been two thus far.

I saw the full second episode last night with my brother, and found a sneak peak online showing the first 20 minutes of the first episode.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2011, 07:46:57 AM »
Sansa is just as annoying as she was in the books and the actress that plays her portrays her character perfectly. She's either an amazing performer or she's just as annoying irl :D

It appears that men in Westeros are told no more about sex than Arya was told about swordfighting: "Stick them with the pointy end."
:rollin

Same with Joffrey.

And,  :rollin

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2011, 05:32:01 PM »
That was even better than the first episode.

\o/

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »
I really hope someone will start putting these online, otherwise I won't be able to catch up when I get back to college.

Offline Summers

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »
Wasn't impressed with the first episode (read a couple of the books), thought it was really thin, but have to say the second episode was much better.  Can't wait for next week! 
Getting awful crowded in my sky.

Offline kala1928

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2011, 04:47:55 AM »
Yeah first episode was really boring for an usual 'first episode' though obv the writers cant really alter the original story. Lots (I mean LOTS) of boobs and f*cking though! Hope it picks up later on, I should pick up the books as well.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2011, 03:58:23 PM »
So, I just checked IMDB and

Sean Bean's only listed for three episodes, so that means Robert's death and Eddard's execution will happen next episode. That's rather quick to deal with that, don't you think?

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2011, 04:31:51 PM »
Quick?  That would be utterly changing the story.  Why are you just willing to trust imdb on that?

Offline Summers

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2011, 04:41:41 PM »
Well there are ten episodes, I can't imagine them doing that.... that would suck though. 

By the way, major major spoilers in that last one - don't risk it if you haven't read the book! 
Getting awful crowded in my sky.

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2011, 04:43:51 PM »
IMDB isn't accurate. It also lists Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) as three episodes, and Charles Dance (Tywin) as eight episodes, both of which we know aren't happening. Don't take it too seriously.

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2011, 05:49:55 PM »
Ya the wikipedia page (not that that is any more reliable) for the show shows the title of Episode 9 as "Baelor."  Anyone familiar with the books should feel confident that the event masterthes refers to will happen in that episode, the second to last of the season, which sounds right on.  Loving the show so far!  As a big fan of the books it's hard not to try to find things to nitpick about, but they're making it tough!

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2011, 06:02:03 PM »
People should probably keep open discussion of future spoilers out of this thread.  At the very least, use small font at all times.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2011, 08:21:21 AM »

...my name is Araragi.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2011, 08:22:49 AM »
:rollin :rollin
Photobucket sucks.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2011, 08:25:41 AM »
What a fool, seasons 5-7 aren't spoiled.  :)  Part of me wonders if Martin will end up writing the script for season 7, assuming it remains on air, before he writes the book.  That would be an odd turn of events.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2011, 03:55:02 PM »
Watched 2 epsiodes so far. Excellent so far, but I actually find it uncomfortable to watch knowing what things are about to fall upon the characters.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:25:47 PM by XJDenton »
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »
People should really not throw around details like that without using small font.  This is the TV thread, not the books thread.  Give the people who haven't read the books a chance to not come across any spoilers, no matter how vague.