Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 628426 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #5915 on: December 04, 2018, 08:25:05 AM »
I may just watch the last two seasons again, last year I rewatched the whole series with my gf who watched for the first time.

"Honey why are you filming me during this boring wedding scene at Walder Frey's?"
"Ssssh keep watching"

:lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5916 on: December 04, 2018, 02:00:54 PM »
Decided to take the plunged and start from scratch again in preperation for the final season. Just watched S01 this weekend which I hadn't watched since it aired. Hot damn had I forgotten how much actually happened in the first season and also how quick the pace was. It was exciting to watch knowing what's coming but also how immense the journey feel to get to where we are now, feels like forever I was this far back in the story. I guess that's because it's been literally 7 years since I was this far back.  :lol

There were times on my second watch that were like watching it again for the first time. There was soooo much stuff I forgot about.
For me basically everything before the Red Wedding was a bit of a blurr for me, kind of forgot how an important character Robb Stark was in the story.  :P
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5917 on: December 10, 2018, 11:32:12 AM »
So i've come to the Red Wedding and knowing the outcome of course it wasn't as shocking but seeing the total emptiness in Catelyns eyes at the end still got me good.

So excited to catch up on everything that happens now though.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5918 on: December 10, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
The Red Wedding was double bad for me 'cause I accidentally stumbled upon it while reading other stuff on characters. I was on a wikia about Robb Stark and I guess I was safe in reading stuff about his past and then all of a sudden I read that he was killed off, and those random memes about the wedding I had already seen made sense. Bummer.

Also from little pieces here and there I figured out that there was a "purple wedding" and that was it for Joffrey, but seeing it happen was wickedly cool  :metal :biggrin:

What still pains me is The Mountain vs The Viper battle. Such a cold shower. The irony is that Oberyn was already pushed down to the ground, but he quickly rolled over away, now when an injured Mountain made him fall again, suddenly he can't quickly jump away and he gets skullcrushed to death. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5919 on: December 10, 2018, 12:20:46 PM »
The Red Wedding was double bad for me 'cause I accidentally stumbled upon it while reading other stuff on characters. I was on a wikia about Robb Stark and I guess I was safe in reading stuff about his past and then all of a sudden I read that he was killed off, and those random memes about the wedding I had already seen made sense. Bummer.

Also from little pieces here and there I figured out that there was a "purple wedding" and that was it for Joffrey, but seeing it happen was wickedly cool  :metal :biggrin:

What still pains me is The Mountain vs The Viper battle. Such a cold shower. The irony is that Oberyn was already pushed down to the ground, but he quickly rolled over away, now when an injured Mountain made him fall again, suddenly he can't quickly jump away and he gets skullcrushed to death. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Yea that was so brutal, can't wait to see Oberyn again though. Such a cool character which made that even more tough to smallow.  :lol

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5920 on: December 10, 2018, 12:37:47 PM »
In the UK, a couple of newspapers (well, tabloids) had it as front page news the day after it aired, which meant people who watch it on catch up even just the following day had it spoiled.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5921 on: December 10, 2018, 12:56:42 PM »
I had Bolton's death spoiled on LinkedIn of all places.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5922 on: December 10, 2018, 01:03:10 PM »

Total bummer dude, I would have been angry at myself :lol
Red Wedding was totally unspoiled for me, my wife had watched the episode before me but sat down to watch it with me again, I realized after the episode ended that she was just watching me for the entire last scene heh
She expected I would tear up but I just got upset, it threw me off big time, I remember asking her what the fuck this show is doing, I thought I had it figured out, I thought Rob was THE GUY, the main character, the avenger, etc. I couldn't envision at all where the show was gonna go from there.
Come to think of it, for the whole series I only wept for Hodor. Most deaths upset me, cause most of them were very unsatisfying, for both heroes and villains.
I'm hoping The Winds of Winter carries a different ending for Ramsay Bolton, if he gets captured it would be cool if he gets life imprisonment, but preferably I'd want him to die in the upcoming battle.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5923 on: December 12, 2018, 11:22:13 AM »
The "You raped her, you murdered her, you killed her children" line really gets too you and you want nothing more then his confession but then he just....trips him, smack his teeth out and squishy squishy.....he's out.

Still as brutal and shocking as the first time I saw that.  :omg:

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5924 on: December 12, 2018, 12:14:13 PM »
Also I'd liike to point out that Bronn, almost casually, figured out exactly how to take out the Mountain while he was talking to Tyrion about how he wouldn't do it: "Maybe I could dance around him until he's tired, get him off his feet somehow"... which exactly the tactic used by Oberyn (with, on top, the cunning move of taunting him and pissing him off making him nervous and less lucid). And Bronn, also, knew that one moment of distraction could be fatal.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5925 on: December 12, 2018, 01:41:56 PM »
Also I'd liike to point out that Bronn, almost casually, figured out exactly how to take out the Mountain while he was talking to Tyrion about how he wouldn't do it: "Maybe I could dance around him until he's tired, get him off his feet somehow"... which exactly the tactic used by Oberyn (with, on top, the cunning move of taunting him and pissing him off making him nervous and less lucid). And Bronn, also, knew that one moment of distraction could be fatal.
Yea that's a subtle detail.  :tup

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5926 on: December 12, 2018, 02:31:38 PM »

Didn't Bronn also say something similar to The Hound in season 2 about being quicker than him?   :lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5927 on: December 13, 2018, 01:53:58 AM »
Anyway, let's remember the wise words of Oberyn:

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5928 on: December 13, 2018, 03:51:07 AM »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5929 on: December 17, 2018, 11:56:08 AM »

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5930 on: December 18, 2018, 08:28:30 AM »
Began my re-watch last night....just did the first episode. It's odd seeing the Stark kids so young.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5931 on: December 18, 2018, 08:38:56 AM »
Began my re-watch last night....just did the first episode. It's odd seeing the Stark kids so young.

It's odder to see all the Starks alive.

;D

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5932 on: December 18, 2018, 10:10:02 AM »

It's odder to see all the Starks alive.

;D

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5933 on: December 19, 2018, 06:29:59 AM »
Yea it was funny seeing them so young.

It's so diffrent seeing the seasons so close to eachother instead of a year gap between them. I've spent about 3 weeks watching the show up until The Battle of the Bastards which took me about 6 years the last time I saw it.

Speaking of, seeing tBotB was just as glorious as the last time I saw it. I love this shot so much, he knows he's doomed but will fight until the end no matter what.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5934 on: December 19, 2018, 06:38:01 AM »
I’m quickly remembering why I (and most others) detested Geoffrey so much. What a little prick he is  :lol   I don’t think they could have cast a better actor to play him...that kid just nails it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5935 on: December 19, 2018, 06:49:14 AM »
I’m quickly remembering why I (and most others) detested Geoffrey so much. What a little prick he is  :lol   I don’t think they could have cast a better actor to play him...that kid just nails it.
Yea i've never hated a TV or movie character as genuinely as that little shit. Luckily I haven't seen him in any other production because his face for me is forever recognized as that little shit in GoT. Great actor tho.  :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #5936 on: December 19, 2018, 06:58:26 AM »
He was little kid in Batman Begins, but that's the only other thing I've seen him in.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5937 on: December 19, 2018, 07:07:14 AM »
Yea i've never hated a TV or movie character as genuinely as that little shit. Luckily I haven't seen him in any other production because his face for me is forever recognized as that little shit in GoT. Great actor tho.  :lol

I believe he quit acting after GOT. Went to school etc etc but I recall reading a few years back he has no interest in acting again anytime soon.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5938 on: December 19, 2018, 07:37:07 AM »
I’m quickly remembering why I (and most others) detested Geoffrey so much. What a little prick he is  :lol   

"He really was a cunt, wasn't he?"

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5939 on: December 21, 2018, 06:19:31 PM »
Alt Shift X recently put up an awesome video detailing the eastern world of Game of Thrones. I don't like the books of ASOIAF but the world GRRM has made fascinates me and this video makes me want to buy the World of ASOIAF book. I LOVE worldbuilding stuff like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4J16GzUJ28
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5940 on: December 21, 2018, 06:20:15 PM »
Making my way through GoT a second time and I have to say that it's almost better than the first go around. There is just so many little nuggets that foreshadow the future that you seem to forget (or at least I did)

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5941 on: December 21, 2018, 09:21:45 PM »
Making my way through GoT a second time and I have to say that it's almost better than the first go around. There is just so many little nuggets that foreshadow the future that you seem to forget (or at least I did)

I agree. I’m enjoying this rewatch thoroughly.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #5942 on: December 22, 2018, 02:25:20 AM »
This thread is seemingly nearing its end...
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5943 on: December 22, 2018, 02:47:00 AM »
BTW, look at the date on the calendar. Eventually, the Starks are always right.

;D

Online faizoff

« Reply #5944 on: December 22, 2018, 08:13:43 AM »
I've watched the show over at least 5 times and I always love listening to the conversations from the first 3 seasons. On first viewing, they didn't mean much but there is so much stuff in there that comes later on or foreshadows events. It's always a joy to revisit those episodes and the dialog.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5945 on: December 22, 2018, 08:44:27 AM »
I've watched the show over at least 5 times and I always love listening to the conversations from the first 3 seasons. On first viewing, they didn't mean much but there is so much stuff in there that comes later on or foreshadows events. It's always a joy to revisit those episodes and the dialog.
Yea i've seen so many nuggetz and hints I was oblivious to before, almost to the point I was like, this is actually too obvious now.  :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5946 on: December 23, 2018, 12:37:43 PM »
Yea i've seen so many nuggetz and hints I was oblivious to before, almost to the point I was like, this is actually too obvious now.  :lol

So true. I just finished Season 1 last night and I had never watched any of those episodes more than once. Such a cool experience the second time.

Concerning the death of Khal Drogo....my first watch I was just under the impression he died of infection of that chest wound. But, on my second watch having paid more attention to the conversation between Dany and that slave Witch who treated him.....I get the impression that the Witch intentionally killed him? Is that the correct way to look at that?

And I LOVE this show to death....but there is a definite difference in the dialogue and the ‘quality’ of it from when the show had the source material to refer to compared to when they just have this ‘road map’ that Martin gave them and not any cannon material to use.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5947 on: December 23, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »
I didn't rewatch it yet but if I remember correctly yes, the witch all but confirmed that she killed Khal Drogo when she taunted Dany by telling her to "take a look at life and see what life is worth when everything else is gone", because the Dothraki destroyed her city and raped her and killed her husband. She offed him and have Dany miscarry on purpouse.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5948 on: December 23, 2018, 12:57:47 PM »
I didn't rewatch it yet but if I remember correctly yes, the witch all but confirmed that she killed Khal Drogo when she taunted Dany by telling her to "take a look at life and see what life is worth when everything else is gone", because the Dothraki destroyed her city and raped her and killed her husband. She offed him and have Dany miscarry on purpouse.

That’s the way I took it on the second watch....and honestly, I don’t know how I didn’t see it/realize that the first time  :lol   For whatever reason I just thought he caught an infection from that blade and died in a silly way like Robert did from the Boar hunt.

Had he refused to get ‘help’ for the wound like he initially intended he’d have been fine.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5949 on: December 23, 2018, 03:35:34 PM »
I thought the same thing the first watch. It was a simple infection that brought him down.