Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 628348 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #5005 on: March 11, 2017, 11:29:31 PM »
Yes please!

:o
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online faizoff

« Reply #5006 on: March 12, 2017, 09:21:43 PM »
Season 8 confirmed to be just six episodes by David and Dan. Can't believe only 13 more episodes left. Next year will be it.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5007 on: March 13, 2017, 02:30:15 AM »
It's a pity not all seasons are equal length, but if the story demands exactly those episodes, so be it.

I just hope it won't all feel immensely rushed, there's so much stuff to happen, but then again we don't know how it all ends so maybe 13 episodes are exactly what it needs. For sure Dany must meet Jon Snow somehow, and at the very least attempt to reach King's Landing, and the White Walkers have to break through the Wall, if not tear it down completely.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #5008 on: March 13, 2017, 03:11:33 AM »
There's bound to be some extended episodes and the finale may even be double length - I wouldn't be surprised if there is close to 15 hours of viewing remaining.   To put that into perspective the fully maximum extended cuts of the LoTR's only creeps over 12 hours, I doubt it'll feel rushed.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5009 on: March 13, 2017, 07:24:10 AM »
I think it's definitely going to feel rushed.  The show has slowly upped the pace every season.  Last season was nuts how fast everything was happening and with only 13 more episodes and so much to still happen, I very much believe it will feel rushed.  That doesn't mean bad, but I think we get less of those slow dialogue moments and more to the point action.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5010 on: March 13, 2017, 07:35:04 AM »
there's so much stuff to happen
so much to still happen
How do we know how much there is still to happen? We're in unchartered territory now.

I very much get the impression that the show-runners essentially had 7 seasons mapped out (and I remember seeing something at least a couple of years ago that said they were looking at doing 7 seasons), but what they had planned for the final season was too much to fit into 10 episodes. So to avoid it being too rushed/crammed, they upped the episodes and decided to split in two, rather than have a longer final season.

And I certainly have no problem with them keeping up the pace like in season 6. Season 5 was such a drag.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5011 on: March 13, 2017, 09:56:05 AM »
They had always thought that they could tell the entire story in 72 or 73 hours, so it seems like everything is going according to the original plan.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5012 on: March 13, 2017, 10:04:55 AM »
I have no doubt the creators could take as many episodes as they wanted, and HBO would be happy to oblige. If they say they only need 13 episodes to wrap it up, I trust them. Better to focus on making those episodes everything they can be than stretch it out for the sake of being a full length season and end up with filler.
And I think 13 episodes should be enough for them to tie things up. Yeah, there's a lot going on, but once the plots all come together and more characters get offed, it should work out about right.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5013 on: March 13, 2017, 10:12:22 AM »
Oh HBO would definetely give them more if they wanted to. I remember reading somewhere that HBO actually asked them to make more episodes, like to do 9 seasons, but Dan and David said no.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5014 on: March 13, 2017, 10:13:59 AM »
there's so much stuff to happen
so much to still happen
How do we know how much there is still to happen? We're in unchartered territory now.

Just looking at the distances everyone is from each other, it makes it easy to believe that ending all the storylines in a cohesive matter will be at a much quicker pace compared to how the previous seasons have played out.  I thought season 6 may have been the best because it was so fast paced so I am not saying it's bad, but it still has me feeling there is a lot that still needs to happen in the show.  Plus without source material, it's easier for them to just focus on the main storylines that have been brewing the whole time instead of introducing new ones like GRRM kept doing..

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5015 on: March 13, 2017, 01:55:27 PM »
Just looking at the distances everyone is from each other, it makes it easy to believe that ending all the storylines in a cohesive matter will be at a much quicker pace compared to how the previous seasons have played out.
Do you mean physical distances? Because the show has always had a ton of time-jumps that mean people travel halfway across the world in seconds. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5016 on: March 13, 2017, 02:01:33 PM »
Just looking at the distances everyone is from each other, it makes it easy to believe that ending all the storylines in a cohesive matter will be at a much quicker pace compared to how the previous seasons have played out.
Do you mean physical distances? Because the show has always had a ton of time-jumps that mean people travel halfway across the world in seconds. :lol

I love that.  I don't need to see numerous episodes of armies marching or characters traveling from place to place.  I like that the distances are traveled off screen or between episodes, leaving the characters to interact with each other on screen.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5017 on: March 13, 2017, 02:11:02 PM »

I do and yes the show has gotten over that, but thats something they've been doing more and more as the show goes on sort of how the pace has gotten faster.  I think there's a relationship here.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5018 on: March 15, 2017, 10:31:57 PM »
Anyone been to GoT concert experience? I'm getting tickets for one of the shows and trying to decide where would be a good spot to watch the show. On one hand I wanna be able to see the musicians playing but also it seems from the videos I've seen on youtube that the overhead screens are pretty huge and high, which could mean I'd be better off with further out seats.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #5019 on: March 16, 2017, 03:27:31 AM »
Looks and sounds like an Awesome experience!
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5020 on: March 16, 2017, 11:02:35 PM »
Just got back from the show, it was spectacular!
Amazing musicians, some cool pyro and a great run down memory lane of the past 6 seasons.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5021 on: May 23, 2017, 04:27:20 PM »
Can't wait!

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #5022 on: May 23, 2017, 06:23:20 PM »
Well, you know I'm a sucker for those blue eyes. 

:neverusethis:

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5023 on: May 24, 2017, 02:08:42 AM »
Damn, so am I. This is what I've been waiting for for so long.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5024 on: May 24, 2017, 05:05:23 AM »
I can't wait!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5025 on: May 25, 2017, 05:13:56 AM »
Hardest time of the year for me. First trailer for season 7 has dropped and I'm doing my absolute best not to watch it...

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5026 on: May 25, 2017, 05:17:42 AM »
Yea i'm also staying as far away from that as possible. Going into the new season all fresh as I always do.  :tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5027 on: May 25, 2017, 05:19:33 AM »
I watched the trailer yesterday on YouTube. I was Hillary-seeing-balloons-for-the-first-time excited.

Online chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5028 on: May 25, 2017, 07:32:56 AM »
I'm sooooo excited but sooooo worried about my favorite characters lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5029 on: May 25, 2017, 07:47:28 AM »
The trailer was sick, this season is going to be intense.

Like who?  I feel like even though we are coming to an end, what characters can actually die at this point?  Would they kill off any of the remaining Starks?  Jon and Dany can't die right?  Maybe Tyrion?  I guess some other characters like Davos, Theon, Queen of Thornes, Grey Worm are all candidates.  And then obviously you have to think Cersei will die at some point, maybe Jamie too? 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5030 on: May 25, 2017, 07:55:00 AM »
Can't wait. Going to start re-watching last season tonight!

Online chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5031 on: May 25, 2017, 12:53:31 PM »
The trailer was sick, this season is going to be intense.

Like who?  I feel like even though we are coming to an end, what characters can actually die at this point?  Would they kill off any of the remaining Starks?  Jon and Dany can't die right?  Maybe Tyrion?  I guess some other characters like Davos, Theon, Queen of Thornes, Grey Worm are all candidates.  And then obviously you have to think Cersei will die at some point, maybe Jamie too?

I think anyone/everyone is fair game.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5032 on: May 25, 2017, 02:34:18 PM »
Jon, Dany and Tyrion will reach the end of the series IMO. Not to say all of them will survive, but if they die, it will be at the very end, like (Spoiler for a decades old book and anyway already aired trilogy of movies) Thorin in the Hobbit.

I don't see Cersei biting the bullet this season either, even though maybe it could be a shocking finale for the season.

I wonder how far GRRM would go into killing of characters. In the grand scheme of things, we can say that now that we know who the real protagonists or even survivors are, it wasn't that absurd and done just for shock value to have the early protagonists killed. Can you imagine Dany dying in a very stupid way just before she makes her final move on King's Landing? the equivalent of having a sports movie about a team that loses out of nowhere the semi-finals. Not even the final match, which could be an interesting choice for a movie, just in the semi-finals, like after all happens all the time... there are are so many people that stumble not on the last step, but sometimes one or two steps before.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5034 on: May 25, 2017, 05:11:51 PM »
Jon, Dany and Tyrion will reach the end of the series IMO. Not to say all of them will survive, but if they die, it will be at the very end, like (Spoiler for a decades old book and anyway already aired trilogy of movies) Thorin in the Hobbit.

I don't see Cersei biting the bullet this season either, even though maybe it could be a shocking finale for the season.

I wonder how far GRRM would go into killing of characters. In the grand scheme of things, we can say that now that we know who the real protagonists or even survivors are, it wasn't that absurd and done just for shock value to have the early protagonists killed. Can you imagine Dany dying in a very stupid way just before she makes her final move on King's Landing? the equivalent of having a sports movie about a team that loses out of nowhere the semi-finals. Not even the final match, which could be an interesting choice for a movie, just in the semi-finals, like after all happens all the time... there are are so many people that stumble not on the last step, but sometimes one or two steps before.

Rocky lost in the first movie and it worked *shrug*

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5035 on: May 26, 2017, 05:17:52 AM »
I can't wait, I'm so excited. So many questions on what is going to happen.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5036 on: May 26, 2017, 05:25:06 AM »
And ice dragon will sit upon the Iron Throne.

Online faizoff

« Reply #5037 on: June 08, 2017, 10:13:31 PM »
The episode lengths are sort of confirmed and they are on average quite long episodes with the last two being the longest in GOT history. I really can't wait for the season to start

Episode 1: 59 minutes.
Episode 2: 59 minutes.
Episode 3: 63 minutes.
Episode 4: 50 minutes.
Episode 5: 59 minutes.
Episode 6: 71 minutes.
Episode 7: 81 minutes.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5038 on: June 09, 2017, 01:04:18 AM »
Well, pretend all episodes should be 50 minutes long, and you kinda have an 8th episode here and there with all the extra time.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5039 on: June 09, 2017, 01:38:14 AM »
Oh man, my hype is starting to reach critical levels.  :chill