Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 628418 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #1400 on: February 14, 2014, 10:32:40 AM »
quick re-read
the third and fourth book
does not compute  ???

Yeah, I realized afterwards what I said. 
I started doing this... I'm about 500 pages into ASoS and not even at it's halfway point! :lol
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1401 on: February 16, 2014, 07:54:43 PM »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1402 on: February 17, 2014, 08:46:44 AM »
Yes! That last shot, that's what I want to see more of!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1403 on: February 17, 2014, 01:07:45 PM »
Daenerys  :heart

That looks so fucking killer! 

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1404 on: February 28, 2014, 02:55:25 PM »
We haven't read the books, and just watched season 3 on netflix.....  Red Wedding....HOLY FUCK!!!!  One of the most powerful television episodes I've ever seen.

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #1405 on: February 28, 2014, 03:23:17 PM »
We haven't read the books, and just watched season 3 on netflix.....  Red Wedding....HOLY FUCK!!!!  One of the most powerful television episodes I've ever seen.
Watching it while knowing what would happen was also pretty cool actually, as you could see all the hints towards it and feel the tension rising! Also, I watched it with a friend who had no idea, which was hilarious. :lol
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1406 on: February 28, 2014, 03:23:41 PM »

:corn

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1407 on: February 28, 2014, 03:40:45 PM »
Watching it while knowing what would happen was also pretty cool actually, as you could see all the hints towards it and feel the tension rising! Also, I watched it with a friend who had no idea, which was hilarious. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1408 on: February 28, 2014, 04:46:09 PM »
 :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1409 on: March 09, 2014, 08:06:32 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIASaUUwklk

New trailer the same day I finished re-reading ASoS.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:23:08 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1410 on: March 10, 2014, 03:15:36 AM »
I am so looking forward to this. Although they should stop releasing trailers because I don't want to see more but can't help but watch them. Haha.

Awesome to see the Titans of Braavos... And everything else. Looks like there's to some epic ass fight between Dany and Mereen? Don't answer, just me speculating.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1411 on: March 10, 2014, 03:36:39 AM »
Another trailer and more excitement. I just watched the episode "the climb" as I've been making my way through the series rewatch. What a great episode that was.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1412 on: March 10, 2014, 06:08:43 AM »
"Chaos is a ladder", what a great speech.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1413 on: March 10, 2014, 06:31:38 AM »
I haven't watched one single trailer yet and I probaly won't either. I like my nuggetz to be served fresh.  :P
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1414 on: March 10, 2014, 09:42:31 AM »
Picked up the Season 3 Blu-Ray, will watch between now and the premiere to have everything fresh on my mind.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1415 on: March 11, 2014, 05:51:48 AM »
Picked up the Season 3 Blu-Ray, will watch between now and the premiere to have everything fresh on my mind.

I'm almost done re-reading book 3. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1416 on: March 11, 2014, 09:10:07 AM »
I am only reading the books, just finished book 5, and have not watched any of the show. But damn these trailers even get me pumped.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1417 on: March 11, 2014, 10:03:48 AM »
I am only reading the books, just finished book 5, and have not watched any of the show. But damn these trailers even get me pumped.

Do you just want to finish the books first or do you never intend to watch the show at all?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1418 on: March 11, 2014, 10:12:50 AM »

Do you just want to finish the books first or do you never intend to watch the show at all?

Don't have HBO or money to buy the Blu Rays.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1419 on: March 11, 2014, 11:49:51 AM »
Don't have HBO or money to buy the Blu Rays.

Dude.....you have to get with the program and use other people's passwords.....I'm fully covered on HBO and Netflix thanks to my brother and my sister in laws boyfriend.  :biggrin:

Is that cheating?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1420 on: March 11, 2014, 12:02:14 PM »
Yes I am aware of this process :) I should have also said I wish to not color my mental images of the books by watching the show. I know what all the main characters look like, but otherwise wish to keep all the imagery in my head.

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #1421 on: March 11, 2014, 03:16:03 PM »
I'm going to be watching the next series with two of my friends who haven't read the books, this is going to be great!
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1422 on: March 11, 2014, 03:24:07 PM »
Yes I am aware of this process :) I should have also said I wish to not color my mental images of the books by watching the show. I know what all the main characters look like, but otherwise wish to keep all the imagery in my head.

For what it's worth, and no I don't expect you to be like me, but I felt my second read through was greatly enhanced after watching the series. Especially the Red Wedding!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1423 on: March 11, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »
The only bad thing about having watch the first season first and then read the books was that the looks of the TV characters instantly came to my mind when I read their names... and they're described so, so differently in the books.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1424 on: March 11, 2014, 11:52:51 PM »
The only bad thing about having watch the first season first and then read the books was that the looks of the TV characters instantly came to my mind when I read their names... and they're described so, so differently in the books.

I had this problem, no matter how the book described the characters, I always pictured the actors. I don't think all were so different though although that could just be my mind playing tricks.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1425 on: March 12, 2014, 08:36:37 AM »
Well, yes, not all, but they have differences. Having hair when their bald, different facial hair, almost no one has the eye color or hair style they described them with in the books. It's little things, but I also wonder why couldn't they do that in the series?

Joffrey having long curly hair, would that have been so hard? (for example)

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1426 on: March 12, 2014, 08:43:24 AM »
I see what y'all are saying...up to a point. I think the casting is near perfect as far as the performances matching the characters in the books but appearance wise there are some poor choices. Peter Dinklage is perfect for the character Tyrian but just looks all wrong. Too handsome.

Other characters I think they got wrong by appearance only: Catelyn, John Snow, Tywin Lannister, Rob Stark, and Joffrey. I know there are others but I can't think of them right now.

A couple that I think are perfect are: Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen and Rory McCann as Sandor Clegane.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1427 on: March 12, 2014, 08:57:40 AM »
Now that you mentioned Sandor, he has the right side of the face burned in the series, while the left side is the one burned in the books. I've never understood why that happened.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1428 on: March 12, 2014, 09:06:57 AM »
Now that you mentioned Sandor, he has the right side of the face burned in the series, while the left side is the one burned in the books. I've never understood why that happened.

:lol I never noticed that!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1429 on: March 12, 2014, 09:26:27 AM »

Attention to detail!

Online faizoff

« Reply #1430 on: March 12, 2014, 01:26:53 PM »

I just finished watching all episodes with the commentaries and watched the Rains of Castamere in the maximum mode-ish. The extra stuff is pretty fun stuff. Going to watch ep 09 again with commentaries from Robb and Catalyn stark. Should be a fun listen.

The picture and audio quality is quite fantastic on the box set. 
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1431 on: March 12, 2014, 01:49:53 PM »
I'm loving it so far!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Aefenwelg

« Reply #1432 on: March 12, 2014, 04:31:05 PM »
Concerning getting characters wrong:

Everybody mentioned so far, I don't really have a problem with. Could Tyrion's scar be more grotesque? Sure. But it's not a deal breaker.

However there is one character I have a real problem with: Stannis.
This guy is supposed to be large in personality and stature. The show version of him is kind of a weenie.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1433 on: March 12, 2014, 04:33:52 PM »
Concerning getting characters wrong:

Everybody mentioned so far, I don't really have a problem with. Could Tyrion's scar be more grotesque? Sure. But it's not a deal breaker.

However there is one character I have a real problem with: Stannis.
This guy is supposed to be large in personality and stature. The show version of him is kind of a weenie.

Agreed. For him though it's more personality and how he is portrayed that's different. Most book readers would probably say his character is the most different.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1434 on: March 12, 2014, 06:47:19 PM »
I would add Edmure to that. He's pretty much a dolt in the show, while in the book he isn't incompetent, just over-eager.