Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 638103 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #5565 on: August 22, 2017, 09:21:17 PM »
From what I've seen it's just either snow or water drops and people are just really reading too much into it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5566 on: August 22, 2017, 09:34:24 PM »
It's probably an asshole of a stagehand dicking with us.

Online Adami

« Reply #5567 on: August 22, 2017, 09:45:51 PM »

Oh man, imagine the temptation of those people, or the final FX team. They can sneak something subtle in there for no purpose than to cause tons of controversy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5568 on: August 22, 2017, 09:58:23 PM »
From what I've seen it's just either snow or water drops and people are just really reading too much into it.

Totally what I thought until I did the digging. I still don't know what it means, if it means anything, but it's definitely there and deliberate.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online Adami

« Reply #5569 on: August 22, 2017, 10:01:40 PM »

Totally what I thought until I did the digging. I still don't know what it means, if it means anything, but it's definitely there and deliberate.

But your digging literally said it has no meaning and isn't important.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5570 on: August 22, 2017, 11:00:17 PM »
I re-read my post and realized I didn't write my conclusion :lol
The eyes are blank white when Jon Snow is dead and they do back to being opened/black gems when he's alive. So Jon Snow died in the lake and came back, he's now unkillable, protected by the lord of light who auto-brings him back when he dies.
Sounds ridiculous, I agree. I'm never the far-fetched-theories guy. But that's what these given factors tell me, might all be a crew member fucking with us like you guys said.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online Adami

« Reply #5571 on: August 22, 2017, 11:01:24 PM »
I re-read my post and realized I didn't write my conclusion :lol
The eyes are blank white when Jon Snow is dead and they do back to being opened/black gems when he's alive. So Jon Snow died in the lake and came back, he's now unkillable, protected by the lord of light who auto-brings him back when he dies.
Sounds ridiculous, I agree. I'm never the far-fetched-theories guy. But that's what these given factors tell me, might all be a crew member fucking with us like you guys said.

Like I said, from what I saw, it was either water from the lake or snow flakes briefly covering the eyes. Probably intentionally placed there to screw with us.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #5572 on: August 22, 2017, 11:36:04 PM »

Oh man, imagine the temptation of those people, or the final FX team. They can sneak something subtle in there for no purpose than to cause tons of controversy.

Right? The fans will catch anything, so any little tweek will get a shit ton of speculation. I'd do it for sure.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5573 on: August 23, 2017, 02:22:08 AM »
Seeing Tormund opening up about the majestic Brienne of Tarth infront of The Hound made my day!  :lol
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 05:05:23 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5574 on: August 23, 2017, 03:19:50 AM »
I got caught up with the episode last night, managing to avoid nearly all spoilers.  :)

I really liked it. Yes, the breakneck pace continues, and the "deus ex machina" moment where the dragons showed up felt very much like the eagle taxi service from LOTR (which I was ok with too btw), but overall a hugely enjoyable episode.

I loved the way the Hound impaled their prisoner on a dragon barb to stop him getting away.  :lol

The production values on this show and especially this season are incredibly good - the CGI is pretty much movie quality.  :tup

Littlefinger's plan to drive a wedge betwen Arya and Sansa seems to be working. Though, I wasn't sure why he would suggest that Brienne could be useful, if Sansa was going to immediately send her away to King's Landing to represent her. Not sure what's happening there..

I try to stay away from all the other GoT fan sites out there, so I'm not aware of the current fan theories and all that, but has anyone considered the possibility that Daenerys might die in this next episode, or before the end of the show, leaving Jon as the only remaining Targaryen and rightful heir to the throne (once his parentage is established)?

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #5575 on: August 23, 2017, 03:54:17 AM »
but has anyone considered the possibility that Daenerys might die in this next episode,established)?

I've got a hunch Tyrion will die in this seasons finale.  Cersei hates him and I can see her demanding his death (worded as punishment for killing their father) in return for any negotiation. 

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5576 on: August 23, 2017, 05:51:20 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if we see Podrick get killed in the season finale. He hasn't been around much, and he'll most likely be going to Kings Landing with Brienne. Brienne made a comment last episode to Sansa about how he has become good with a sword or something like that, so I expect him to do something heroic just before getting killed himself.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5577 on: August 23, 2017, 06:42:22 AM »
but has anyone considered the possibility that Daenerys might die in this next episode,established)?

I've got a hunch Tyrion will die in this seasons finale.  Cersei hates him and I can see her demanding his death (worded as punishment for killing their father) in return for any negotiation.

Maybe that's what will get Jamie to kill Cersei.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5578 on: August 23, 2017, 06:45:06 AM »

Any chance Tyrion kills Cersei?

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5579 on: August 23, 2017, 08:18:05 AM »

Any chance Tyrion kills Cersei?

That would be interesting and a neat 'unexpected' moment that still fits the story perfectly. I just lean towards Jaimie being that both Tyrion and Brieanne are going to be there....two people that we know he cares about and IF Cersi decides to go off the rails and try to kill everyone he'd be forced to choose and I think he'd choose Tyrion (and Brieanne) and the 'honorable' thing to do.

Cersi made the point to remind him he's a soldier....and we know how honor plays out with soldiers. We know Jaimie has killed before in the name of honor and the 'right' thing to do. IF indeed Cersi decides she's going to violate (dishonor) the truce I think that coupled with the folks he cares about being threatened on top of the fact he already knows and is questioning her....it just seems to make sense he'd be the one to kill her.

Then again, she could just as easily kill him.  :lol    Maybe I'm too fixated on the fact it just 'feels' like that's what they've been setting up with all the people constantly telling Jaimie how evil Cersi is....him agreeing but still going along with her.....I don't know....I could be blinded to any other plausible scenario.

They did make a point for Tyrion to want a successor to Dany and her putting it off until after she gets the throne.......maybe she does get killed? That'd fit just as well. Again, it 'feels' like Dany would/should live but who knows?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5580 on: August 23, 2017, 09:11:14 AM »
I was pretty sure Cersei would die by the end of this season to leave focus on the war with the dead next season, but I'm not so sure now.  She already said she has plan to betray everyone once they make the deal, so I think they make the deal and the betrayal happens next season.  Leading to some awkwardness in Kings Landing next season as they plan to kill the Night King while Cersei plans to kill Dany/Tyrion/Jon. 

Granted all that doesn't make for a big bang season finale so I'm going to guess it's not so smooth along the way. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5581 on: August 23, 2017, 09:27:26 AM »
I was pretty sure Cersei would die by the end of this season to leave focus on the war with the dead next season, but I'm not so sure now.  She already said she has plan to betray everyone once they make the deal, so I think they make the deal and the betrayal happens next season.  Leading to some awkwardness in Kings Landing next season as they plan to kill the Night King while Cersei plans to kill Dany/Tyrion/Jon. 

Granted all that doesn't make for a big bang season finale so I'm going to guess it's not so smooth along the way.

I can tell you right now that if something major doesn't happen at that meeting I will be very disappointed. If it goes down like you said with Cersi just planning on betraying them 'later'....I'd be ticked. Too many main players in one spot for something cool/unexpected not to happen. I can't imagine they'd just ho hum through that and leave 'something' to happen next season....or at least I hope not.

I really can't see them missing that chance for a major death/major "something".

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5582 on: August 23, 2017, 09:45:33 AM »
Well it doesn't have to be at that meeting.  They could all play nice, make a deal and then later in the episode she betrays them and shit goes down.

I mean cleganebowl almost HAS to happen now, but doesn't mean it has to be this episode.  It could all be planting seeds for the next season.

But I agree, if something major doesn't happen, it would be kind of a let down.

But I think we see Grey Worm's death next episode.  We still have Euron's fleet surrounding them.  I think there's a lot of time in this episode for major things to go down, and Cersei's death doesn't need to be one of them IMO. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5583 on: August 23, 2017, 09:55:42 AM »
Something will happen at the meeting. They have 80 minutes to fill.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5584 on: August 23, 2017, 10:09:26 AM »

We don't know how much time will be dedicated to the meeting though. We haven't seen the resolution of the unsullied's dilemma. I hope they don't end up focussing a ton of time on that.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5585 on: August 23, 2017, 10:18:32 AM »

We don't know how much time will be dedicated to the meeting though. We haven't seen the resolution of the unsullied's dilemma. I hope they don't end up focussing a ton of time on that.

Exactly, for all we know the meeting opens up the episode and they agree to a pact, only to have it unfold throughout the episode with the unsullied getting slaughtered by Euron after letting them in due to "peace". 

But I do think it's more likely something does happen at the meeting, I'm just starting to feel Cersei's death is not it because that's what we all expected to happen this season.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5586 on: August 23, 2017, 10:29:55 AM »

Just curious, did you watch the preview for the episode? I won't spoil it if you didn't.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #5587 on: August 23, 2017, 10:53:30 AM »

My daughter had a good one...it'll boil down to a "trial by combat" type situation at the meeting...the hound vs the mountain.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5588 on: August 23, 2017, 11:53:19 AM »

My daughter had a good one...it'll boil down to a "trial by combat" type situation at the meeting...the hound vs the mountain.

If it boils down to trial by combat, send the walker in instead of the hound.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5589 on: August 23, 2017, 12:10:09 PM »

Just curious, did you watch the preview for the episode? I won't spoil it if you didn't.

No. I never watch those. I like to go into things as blind as possible.

Online Adami

« Reply #5590 on: August 23, 2017, 12:20:58 PM »
Genuine question for people who know more about the show/books than I do.

Isn't the wall supposed to have some magic about it as well? If so, wouldn't that prevent them bringing back a walker across it? If not, then what does the magic do?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5591 on: August 23, 2017, 12:24:35 PM »

Isn't the wall supposed to have some magic about it as well? If so, wouldn't that prevent them bringing back a walker across it? If not, then what does the magic do?

I've been wondering if the wight would just be like a dead body once it crosses the wall, but then again that one wight "woke up" at castle black.

I was under the impression the Wall did have magic powers to it provided by the Children of the Forest similar to what they had in their cave before Bran was touched by the Night King and broke the spell.  I assumed that same spell broke on the wall once Bran crossed it, but honestly, it's quite confusing as to what the real story is.  Benjen told Bran he couldn't cross the wall due to the magic since he was a half wight.

Essentially I don't know.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5592 on: August 23, 2017, 12:25:00 PM »

From what I've been told, the wights are not phased by the wall's magic, only the night king and the white walkers are.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5593 on: August 23, 2017, 12:26:50 PM »

From what I've been told, the wights are not phased by the wall's magic, only the night king and the white walkers are.

We saw wights exploded trying to enter the Children of the Forests cave, so that magic worked on them.  You may be right though and those could be different magic spells.

Online Adami

« Reply #5594 on: August 23, 2017, 12:27:12 PM »

So the big dudes in charge are phased, but the actual mindless zombies aren't? Just making sure I got the terms down haha.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5595 on: August 23, 2017, 12:38:43 PM »

IMO any longer than 5 minutes would be a waste of time unless something amazing happened. Arya/Sansa/Little Finger needs a resolution this season and 'something' of significance has to happen at that meeting. Whether or not it's Cersi dying isn't the point....the point is something major has to happen at that meeting other than they all talk to each other then leave. My opinion of it being Cersi's murder is just based off of how I've read the hints/foreshadowing etc of the past season and a half. Could totally be off on that but whatevs.....

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5596 on: August 23, 2017, 12:50:18 PM »
Read a pretty compelling argument that Arya is just toying with Little Finger at this point.....making him think he's succeeding at his plan. It basically relies on us understanding that Arya is a trained assassin. Trained in stealth and knowing when she indeed is being followed. That she knew Little Finger was following her and watched her enter the room and that the last episode when Sansa entered Arya's room they made a point to make the door very noisy and creeky....yet Arya enters unheard. And that she basically played the game of lies with Sansa saying false things like she watched Sansa not care when Ned was beheaded when in fact Sansa had to be held back.....she said that she herself would never serve a Lannister when in fact she was a cup bearer to Tywin....anyway....the point being that she's just leading Little Finger on.

I could totally see that but would like her to explain that to Little Finger right before she kills him....just to drive the point home.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5597 on: August 23, 2017, 12:57:01 PM »
Read a pretty compelling argument that Arya is just toying with Little Finger at this point.....making him think he's succeeding at his plan. It basically relies on us understanding that Arya is a trained assassin. Trained in stealth and knowing when she indeed is being followed. That she knew Little Finger was following her and watched her enter the room and that the last episode when Sansa entered Arya's room they made a point to make the door very noisy and creeky....yet Arya enters unheard. And that she basically played the game of lies with Sansa saying false things like she watched Sansa not care when Ned was beheaded when in fact Sansa had to be held back.....she said that she herself would never serve a Lannister when in fact she was a cup bearer to Tywin....anyway....the point being that she's just leading Little Finger on.

I could totally see that but would like her to explain that to Little Finger right before she kills him....just to drive the point home.

That makes a lot of sense.  I really haven't been liking the Arya v Sansa feud as it mostly makes little sense from Arya's perspective, like she should know better from her training and experience to just be so against Sansa and not realize it is LF who is manipulating her.  So that would make the storyline make a lot more sense IMO.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5598 on: August 23, 2017, 01:11:35 PM »

That makes a lot of sense.  I really haven't been liking the Arya v Sansa feud as it mostly makes little sense from Arya's perspective, like she should know better from her training and experience to just be so against Sansa and not realize it is LF who is manipulating her.  So that would make the storyline make a lot more sense IMO.

I think Arya's end game is to take down Little Finger, and while she's a step ahead of him on this one (as pointed out), she knows he's expecting her to try and kill him. I think Arya is aiming to get sansa to throw on one of those faces and kill Little Finger herself.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5599 on: August 23, 2017, 06:21:06 PM »
I sincerely hope that is exactly what she is doing. As a badass, faceless assassin, my heart really hopes she knows exactly what she is doing and is playing LF.

We shall see