Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 638281 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #5460 on: August 16, 2017, 10:21:32 AM »
Hopefully we can all avoid spoilers for the rest of the week, because I'd hate to have anything significant spoiled, like deaths, or battles etc. We're at the point where anything could happen.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5461 on: August 16, 2017, 10:26:31 AM »
I'm just going to log out of everything and hide in the mountains till Tuesday (I'm on the road for the eclipse and won't be able to watch on Sunday).

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5462 on: August 16, 2017, 10:58:34 AM »
I believe, in fact, the info for the whole season (most of the general plot terms) was out in the open before the first episode premiered.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5463 on: August 16, 2017, 11:04:04 AM »
I knew a decent amount had leaked before the premiere, but I didn't realize it extended beyond the first few episodes of the season. I don't go looking for spoilers, but I'm glad I haven't stumbled across any accidentally.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5464 on: August 16, 2017, 11:16:47 AM »
I knew a decent amount had leaked before the premiere, but I didn't realize it extended beyond the first few episodes of the season. I don't go looking for spoilers, but I'm glad I haven't stumbled across any accidentally.

I just don't read the comments on FB articles about the show, since people tend to comment with spoilers.  That generally keeps me mostly spoiler free. 

I've really enjoyed not knowing what will happen - I didn't do that when I binged the first six seasons.  I read Wikipedia along with a lot of the episodes, so I could keep character names and places straight.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5465 on: August 16, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »
I had a lot of fun looking this over yesterday. Clicking the link will allow you to zoom in quite a bit.

https://i.redd.it/x6r5bm6zxufz.png

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5466 on: August 16, 2017, 12:14:46 PM »
That's a pretty cool chart! just spent a solid ten minutes myself looking it over.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Grappler

« Reply #5467 on: August 16, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »
I had a lot of fun looking this over yesterday. Clicking the link will allow you to zoom in quite a bit.

https://i.redd.it/x6r5bm6zxufz.png

Awesome.  Loved it until I saw the name Willis.     :'(

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #5468 on: August 16, 2017, 12:57:50 PM »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5469 on: August 16, 2017, 01:41:02 PM »
I wouldn't even want to watch it if it leaked, since I immediately want to discuss it. It would drive me crazy if I wanted to chat, but no one had seen it yet.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5470 on: August 16, 2017, 01:43:24 PM »
Yea, I really have no desire to read/watch/anything to do with the leaks.  It just ruins the experience of a sunday night watching my favorite TV show.

Sucks for HBO that they got hacked and then screwed up accidently leaking their own episode for maybe the best season of their biggest show.  Although it seems the ratings are still really amazing so maybe it's not having that much of an effect.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #5471 on: August 16, 2017, 02:12:44 PM »
Nah, it's not having an effect, I'd just rather not stumble onto the shit by accident. Gotta be hella vigilant for sure from her on out.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5472 on: August 16, 2017, 02:17:17 PM »
I may give in to the temptation, but only because next Sunday / Monday I'm on holiday and I'll return only Wednesday... not that I would actually confirm it let alone discuss it here or anywhere else! (while a dumb coworker is already twitting about it, can't she just shut the hell up????)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Grappler

« Reply #5473 on: August 16, 2017, 02:30:03 PM »
And, being that we spent so much time ragging on it all week....the elephant in the room is the fact Jaimie swam a quarter mile or so in a really deep river in full Armor without drowning   :lol     honestly, I can completely over look it...it is what it is.....

Oh yeah, that too. :lol Did Jaimie even swim it, or did Bronn drag him that whole way? The whole thing was ridiculous, but again, I can let it slide.

I think this explains it all.  As Bronn would say, "Michael 'Fookin Phelps."

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5474 on: August 16, 2017, 03:22:16 PM »
I like the irony in the conversation between Jon Snow and Gendry Waters. About how their fathers trusted each other and fought along one another in the war, referring to Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon. When actually Robert Baratheon hated, fought and personally killed Rhaegar Targaryen, Jon's real dad.
Robert Baratheon's weapon of choice was a hammer as well.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5475 on: August 16, 2017, 03:39:55 PM »
I wonder if somehow Gendry and jon end up going at it, basically re-creating Robert Vs. Rhaegar

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5476 on: August 16, 2017, 03:43:17 PM »
I wonder if somehow Gendry and jon end up going at it, basically re-creating Robert Vs. Rhaegar

I doubt it. Jon has zero desire to rule. He didn't even want to be King of the North. I think if/when it comes down to it he'd hand over any power that was 'rightfully' his because he simply isn't interested in it

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5477 on: August 17, 2017, 01:07:10 AM »

I doubt it. Jon has zero desire to rule. He didn't even want to be King of the North. I think if/when it comes down to it he'd hand over any power that was 'rightfully' his because he simply isn't interested in it

This may also tie in to the big theory going around, that there will be no need for an epic battle where the "prince that was promised" single-handedly defeats the White Walkers, but that a pact and a truce will be needed, like it was done in ancient times.

Think of it: Jon is no Stark, he has no right to be King in the North. He has a claim to the Iron Throne, but he would never want to rule the Seven Kingdoms, if there's even something to be called Seven Kingdoms or an Iron Throne after that.

Having no real home, Jon might as well do the sacrifice and offer himself up for whatever truce need to be signed with the White Walkers.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5478 on: August 17, 2017, 07:48:45 AM »
This may also tie in to the big theory going around, that there will be no need for an epic battle where the "prince that was promised" single-handedly defeats the White Walkers, but that a pact and a truce will be needed, like it was done in ancient times.

Having no real home, Jon might as well do the sacrifice and offer himself up for whatever truce need to be signed with the White Walkers.

Somewhere in the endless pages of this thread I had spoken to that point as well. That character, Jon, has always been very selfless and all about honor and doing what's right. I can totally envision a scenario where the way to end the war and regain the truce between the White Walkers and humans would be the need for one of the humans of power to willingly 'convert'....either in marriage or whatever and I can see Jon volunteering to do that in order to save the rest of humanity.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5479 on: August 17, 2017, 07:50:29 AM »
Oh oh - the tiny writing has started. I think I'll stay clear of this thread until after the next episode..  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5480 on: August 17, 2017, 08:09:31 AM »
Oh oh - the tiny writing has started. I think I'll stay clear of this thread until after the next episode..  :lol

:lol    for the record my small font has nothing to do with any confirmed spoilers out there....it's all speculation about a popular fan theory. I small fonted in an effort to make sure I don't tick anyone off    :lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5481 on: August 17, 2017, 09:00:07 AM »
Yeah, I agree, I was mentioning a fan theory about the books, if you want to have an interesting read - and maybe the ultimate spoiler if the ones behind such theory are right - go Google "The true nature and purpouse of the Others" on Google, it's a Reddit thread.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5482 on: August 17, 2017, 01:01:34 PM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #5483 on: August 17, 2017, 02:48:43 PM »

:rollin :rollin

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5484 on: August 18, 2017, 01:14:56 AM »
Is it at all mentioned in the novels whether or not the 3 dragons can lay eggs?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5485 on: August 18, 2017, 01:16:57 AM »
I haven't read any of the books, but I just heard somewhere that the white walkers are known to ride giant ice spiders?

If that is true....we're missing out.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5486 on: August 18, 2017, 04:31:53 AM »
Dragons vs ice spiders, the Westerosi version of King Kong vs Godzilla  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5487 on: August 18, 2017, 07:08:30 AM »
Is it at all mentioned in the novels whether or not the 3 dragons can lay eggs?

Honestly don't remember, but I have to think so but not based on the current dragons, based on the fact there were previously dragons who I believe had children to keep the dragons alive.  It wasn't until the Targaryan's of more recent that they started caging them and they slowly got smaller and eventually died out.  I don't recall dragons being born in the way Dany's dragons were being a thing, but I really am not sure.  Maybe someone else can shed more light.

I haven't read any of the books, but I just heard somewhere that the white walkers are known to ride giant ice spiders?

If that is true....we're missing out.

Well they can reanimate the dead and in the books there's talk of giant spiders north of the wall and many other things as well including reanimated sea creatures attacking the boats off Hardhome (book depiction of this, which was not resolved in books, is different than the show).

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5488 on: August 18, 2017, 07:44:52 AM »
Next Episode is 71 minutes long......finale is 81 minutes. So, we have 152 minutes of GOT left this season.......

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5489 on: August 18, 2017, 08:02:45 AM »
I'm going to make a really bold prediction here that those two episodes are going to kick major ass.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5490 on: August 18, 2017, 08:04:57 AM »
We haven't lost a major character yet this whole season. Who's it going to be?

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5491 on: August 18, 2017, 08:42:03 AM »
I'm going to make a really bold prediction here that those two episodes are going to kick major ass.

That is indeed a bold prediction.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5492 on: August 18, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »
Next Episode is 71 minutes long......finale is 81 minutes. So, we have 152 minutes of GOT left this season.......

It's 3 "standard" 50 minutes episodes in the end, we get less episodes but more content.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #5493 on: August 18, 2017, 09:42:34 AM »

My money's on Littlefinger

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5494 on: August 18, 2017, 09:45:20 AM »

Well it's easy to point at the people beyond the wall, but let's think about others...

Littlefinger then seems the most likely (Arya has her eyes on him)
Grey Worm (Had his love scene moment and is stuck at Casterly Rock)
Bronn (Cersei wants him punished)
Varys (seems he will die in Westeros as per Melisandre)
Cersei (I still think Jamie will kill her, but maybe not this season like I had thought)