Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 628304 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #5250 on: August 02, 2017, 03:56:58 PM »
But would that mean Sansa has to die?

Details, details...

Yea, but I don't think the thought of Sansa dying is that out there.  Her direwolf is dead.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5251 on: August 03, 2017, 05:21:14 AM »
I feel bad for Sansa. Out of all the remaining Starks, there's nothing special about her. Jon is the King of the North, Bran is the Three Eyed Raven, and Arya is a Faceless assassin

Someone has to be the normal one but she is insufferably boring so that means she's probably going to be the last one standing.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5252 on: August 03, 2017, 05:43:46 AM »
Sophie Turner "wants" her to die, I remember a quote from her "What's the point of being in Game of Thrones if you don't get a spectacular death"?

But someone has to survive somehow... who, even without the details, can be given as marked for certain death one way or the other?

Melisandre and Varys will die, see last episode... they didn't bother to put that line for nothing.

Cersei is toast, can't see her surviving, and neither Jaimie probably.

Dany will die if she will lose it and become a villain.

Littlefinger... I hardly see him making out alive of all his scheming.

Theon may die heroically as a final act of redemption.

Sandor Clegane also may go out in a blaze of glory, I hope for him not literaly.

About the surviving ones... I'd say Tyrion, Arya and Bran might, and of course Hot Pie  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5253 on: August 03, 2017, 06:41:08 AM »
Little Finger will be one the last people standing and will fall victim to the white walkers.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5254 on: August 03, 2017, 06:53:24 AM »
The Night King vs The Mountain in a battle to see who's the most undead..

OK, not really, but I really hope we get to see The Hound vs The Mountain.

I don't think Sansa will be left at the end, but I can see her stabbing Jon Snow in the back, after she gets a taste of power.

Maybe this is just me, but was there a hint of attraction between Daenerys and Jon in episode 3? Did I pick that up wrong?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5255 on: August 03, 2017, 07:11:37 AM »
Didn't get that feeling at all, to be honest.

And thank the seven gods Dany doesn't feel like banging her nephew  :lol (who has a better claim to the throne than her, let's see if and when she finds out how she'll react)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5256 on: August 03, 2017, 07:21:55 AM »
Inbredding was normal for Targaryens.  So Dany having the hots for Jon would be fairly normal for the show.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5257 on: August 03, 2017, 07:32:46 AM »
Yep, probably nothing, but who knows?

The part I'm thinking of is when they were alone out on the cliff path, and she tells Jon she's going to allow him to mine the dragonglass. Dany gives Jon a look, but maybe it was as much admiration as anything else. I think she was secretly impressed that he hadn't immediately caved in and bent the knee to her.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5258 on: August 03, 2017, 07:35:21 AM »
Little Finger will be one the last people standing and will fall victim to the white walkers.

Man I hope not. It really feels like a Stark should kill him since he's the one who got Ned killed 
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline masterthes

« Reply #5259 on: August 03, 2017, 10:50:22 AM »
Littlefinger won't last this season

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #5260 on: August 04, 2017, 05:00:28 AM »
If Dany had any sense at all I'd let Greyworm (and the Dothraki) sail/march straight for King's Landing and the red keep. But I guess that won't happen until the end of this season. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5261 on: August 04, 2017, 09:34:51 AM »

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5262 on: August 04, 2017, 09:39:49 AM »
 :lol Very good.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5263 on: August 06, 2017, 08:01:36 PM »
I saw a Youtuber said next week's going to be a big battle scene with Jaime's men and the Dothraki and one of the dragons

It's posts like these that make me wary of this thread. Huge GoT fan...but staying out of this thered until season's end. Fn spoilers.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5264 on: August 06, 2017, 08:35:34 PM »
I saw a Youtuber said next week's going to be a big battle scene with Jaime's men and the Dothraki and one of the dragons

It's posts like these that make me wary of this thread. Huge GoT fan...but staying out of this thered until season's end. Fn spoilers.

Yea i may have to nope out of this thread until the end of the season.

THis was a fantastic episode though. Watching Tyrion face standing on top of the hill you can see the sadness in his face. I wonder if he will turn on Daenerys

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5265 on: August 06, 2017, 08:42:17 PM »
F'n fantastic episode

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5266 on: August 06, 2017, 08:42:32 PM »
That was a totally badass episode.  Not sure if my favorite moment was hearing Dracarys on the battlefield for the first time, or Bronn's reaction to Dickon's name.   :rollin

Damnit Bronn, that was too close!  We almost lost you!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5267 on: August 06, 2017, 08:45:54 PM »
Would have loved to see Bronn get roasted there. I like the character and all but it'd have been good timing

Online faizoff

« Reply #5268 on: August 06, 2017, 08:51:38 PM »
What an amazing episode indeed. Shortest one this season and you can see why, can't have a long ass episode with that much CGI.

Also, an almost full Stark reunion! Great fight scene with Arya and Brienne. I think this episode packed quite a punch with that 50 min runtime.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:57:32 PM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5269 on: August 06, 2017, 08:55:57 PM »
That battle scene was intense. Loved the recovery and subsequent smack down from Drogon after getting shot. I was worried he was a goner but glad he was wasn't.

Online faizoff

« Reply #5270 on: August 06, 2017, 09:23:04 PM »
I'm still processing that battle scene. Man what a roller coaster of emotions with who they might kill in the space of maybe 10 minutes. The way they shot the episode from Bronn's point of view, then Dany, then Jaime, just about anyone could've been killed.

Jon finally meeting with Theon, so many reunions.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5271 on: August 06, 2017, 10:38:28 PM »
 :omg: :omg: :omg:

Killer episode, so much to process, though aside from the obvious battle, we still seem to be moving chess pieces. My favorite part tbh was the fight scene between Arya and Brienne, so well done, and so much accomplished with such simplicity. Arya, in thirty seconds, became a force in Winterfell with all the principle players.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5272 on: August 06, 2017, 10:55:58 PM »
DAMN that was a great episode.

That whole ending battle had my heart racing the whole time. The long lag between hearing the Dothraki and finally seeing them was perfect, and hearing the dragon's roar was just insane.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5273 on: August 07, 2017, 02:38:03 AM »
I thought that being a "shorter" episode it was going to be a bit low key, but DAMN!

The Stark reunion was a long time coming, so it was nice to finally get that, although I don't think the reunion with Bran or Arya is quite what Sansa expected. :lol
That battle was fucking intense, and one of the most badass they've had. Seeing people get set on fire never gets old.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5274 on: August 07, 2017, 06:11:38 AM »
Killer episode. I didn't realize it was so short. I kept looking at the clock thinking "still have 6 minutes left!", and then it was just over :(  Just going to spitball some thoughts as I don't have a whole lot of time.

- Little Finger is pretty scared at this point
- I think Sansa might think she's on Arya's list (she's responsible for her dad's death)
- Bran must know how this entire thing is going to unfold, no? He must have given that dagger to arya for a reason
- Jamie is either going to die by drowning, or he's going to shed his Lanister armor in order to live.
- That mega ballista was way smaller than I thought
- Danny destroyed that ballista and now knows about them. Dragon armor on the way?
- Really surprised there wasn't a major death in that episode
- Did Dany's dragon burn all the food that she was after?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5275 on: August 07, 2017, 06:54:19 AM »
Last night's episode was the best episode of any show in the history of television.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5276 on: August 07, 2017, 07:07:35 AM »
I'll still argue that Battle of the Bastards was a more impressive battle to watch, even without the dragon.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5277 on: August 07, 2017, 07:10:21 AM »
- Jamie is either going to die by drowning, or he's going to shed his Lanister armor in order to live.

speaking of which, if not for two people covering his a$$ in that battle he's D-E-A-D. Dickon saved his butt with the Dothraki warrior when he was on horseback and I'm assuming that was Bronn who tackled him off that horse right before he was about to get roasted. He's not quite the hand to hand soldier he once was.....no pun intended  :biggrin:

I thought that being a "shorter" episode it was going to be a bit low key, but DAMN!

Yeah...no kidding!!!! Definitely going to watch that one again this week.....just for the Arya/Brianne scene and the battle. That Arya scene was fantastic! Loved how little Finger ans Sansa got to see her show off like that.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5278 on: August 07, 2017, 07:12:35 AM »
I'll still argue that Battle of the Bastards was a more impressive battle to watch, even without the dragon.

what was cool about that battle was that it was Dany leading her army in the face of having just been owned twice in a row. She didn't mess around with going to burn Euron's ships or some other 'side' deal....she went straight to the Lannister army and took it to them.

I'm wondering why she didn't bring all three Dragons?

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5279 on: August 07, 2017, 07:23:38 AM »
Best. Show. Ever.

:hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Is it Sunday yet?

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5280 on: August 07, 2017, 07:25:58 AM »

what was cool about that battle was that it was Dany leading her army in the face of having just been owned twice in a row. She didn't mess around with going to burn Euron's ships or some other 'side' deal....she went straight to the Lannister army and took it to them.

Maybe she didn't want to show all her cards yet, or risk having them all killed? Or, maybe the other two are heading toward Euron's fleet to try and save some of her unsullied.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5281 on: August 07, 2017, 07:28:44 AM »

Maybe she didn't want to show all her cards yet, or risk having them all killed? Or, maybe the other two are heading toward Euron's fleet to try and save some of her unsullied.

Could be.

I wonder if that was the bulk of the Lannister Army also? Sure looked like a lot of people....

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5282 on: August 07, 2017, 07:34:34 AM »

Could be.

I wonder if that was the bulk of the Lannister Army also? Sure looked like a lot of people....

Between that battle and those lost at Casterly Rock, I'd say there can't be a whole lot left. Part of me wonders if those were all legit warriors though, or if some were placeholder slaves or something anticipating a slaughter. They showed that one guy shaking and crying, even before the dragon showed up. I wouldn't think such a person would be allowed into their army.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5283 on: August 07, 2017, 07:35:13 AM »
So does anyone else understand why Sansa is being such a bitch? She looked pissed when Bran gave the Dagger to Arya and she had total RBF watching Arya train with Brianne. She just jealous or what? I still think that littlefinger won't make it past this season. And what about the "Chaos is a ladder" comment from Brann. Me thinks Brann knows Littlefinger was behind his attempted murder.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:41:29 AM by kaos2900 »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5284 on: August 07, 2017, 07:41:28 AM »
So does anyone else understand why Sansa is being such a bitch? She looked pissed when Bran gave the Dagger to Arya and she had total RBF watching Arya train with Brianne. She just jealous or what? I still think that littlefinger won't make it past this season.

Well....Bran can see the past and future and Arya is a skilled assasin......she really has nothing to show for the past few years other than some interesting knots in her hair.