Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 633534 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #5215 on: August 01, 2017, 05:54:46 AM »
"This is Jon Snow"  :lol

This was my favorite episode so far this season.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5216 on: August 01, 2017, 06:32:14 AM »
 :lol yea that was great. I rewatched that scene before I went to bed last night.  I love how Dany tells Jon that his father was best friends with Robert Baratheon yet as he ordered her death, why didn't Ned stand up for the murdering of a child?  Meanwhile, back in season 1, Ned most certainly did have an issue with that and was unable to stop the order from going through.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5217 on: August 01, 2017, 07:11:56 AM »
Why was Sir Davos so apprehensive to mention that Jon Snow had died and been brought back?

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5218 on: August 01, 2017, 07:15:12 AM »
Why was Sir Davos so apprehensive to mention that Jon Snow had died and been brought back?

He wasn't apprehensive.  He started to talk about it and Jon gave him a look to cut him off from saying more. 

Jon may not want to tell more than he has to, especially when he needs to try to convince people that white walkers are real.  That's more important than trying to explain that he died and was brought back to life, which could be hard for people to believe, leading them to not believe him when it comes to the army of the dead.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5219 on: August 01, 2017, 07:17:29 AM »

He wasn't apprehensive.  He started to talk about it and Jon gave him a look to cut him off from saying more. 

Jon may not want to tell more than he has to, especially when he needs to try to convince people that white walkers are real.  That's more important than trying to explain that he died and was brought back to life, which could be hard for people to believe, leading them to not believe him when it comes to the army of the dead.

If only the person who brought him back to life were around to back him up and tell the story :lol

I understand why he didn't want it mentioned....it's like you said.....he's trying to convince Dany of something that is hard to believe....don't throw that in on top of it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5220 on: August 01, 2017, 07:23:34 AM »

If only the person who brought him back to life were around to back him up and tell the story :lol

I understand why he didn't want it mentioned....it's like you said.....he's trying to convince Dany of something that is hard to believe....don't throw that in on top of it.

I'm not sure that was the case.  Dany has dragons and is unburnt.  I don't think there's things in this world that are much more unbelievable than herself and her own experiences (like house of the undying).  They talked about this on Talk The Thrones and while no one seemed to know for sure, the best answer they came up with was that he is simply embarrassed about it.  He told Mel not to bring him back to life before the battle of the bastards.  He has seemingly not been very comfortable with coming back to life.  It's likely he's just not proud of it.  Also, his own people betrayed him, that's not exactly something you want to tell someone you are trying to align with.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5221 on: August 01, 2017, 07:30:47 AM »

I'm not sure that was the case.  Dany has dragons and is unburnt.  I don't think there's things in this world that are much more unbelievable than herself and her own experiences (like house of the undying).  They talked about this on Talk The Thrones and while no one seemed to know for sure, the best answer they came up with was that he is simply embarrassed about it.  He told Mel not to bring him back to life before the battle of the bastards.  He has seemingly not been very comfortable with coming back to life.  It's likely he's just not proud of it.  Also, his own people betrayed him, that's not exactly something you want to tell someone you are trying to align with.

Ahhh. That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that bit. I didn't think it was because of the whole believability thing, because like you said, she didn't burn to death and has three creatures that most of the 7 kingdoms don't believe exist (anymore). Then again though, Snow didn't know that at their first meeting. I'm sure we'll see come up again though as she mentioned it to Tyrion.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5222 on: August 01, 2017, 07:38:32 AM »

Ahhh. That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that bit. I didn't think it was because of the whole believability thing, because like you said, she didn't burn to death and has three creatures that most of the 7 kingdoms don't believe exist (anymore). Then again though, Snow didn't know that at their first meeting. I'm sure we'll see come up again though as she mentioned it to Tyrion.

You'd think she's going to find out....especially since like Brian mentioned she's already curious about it.

Good point about the betrayal though.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5223 on: August 01, 2017, 07:38:54 AM »
Yea, I totally expect it to come back up too.  Maybe next week when they talk some more.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5224 on: August 01, 2017, 07:40:17 AM »

Agreed. Amazing episode. I'm surprised the Cersei seems to be so easily taking care of Dany and her allies. I think now that Jamie knows that Tyrion is innocent sets the stage for him to kill Cersei and become the queen slayer. I'm guessing that Tyrion and maybe even Dany get's captured and Jamie will kill Cersei to save his brother hence handing the throne to Dany.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5225 on: August 01, 2017, 07:41:55 AM »

Agreed. Amazing episode. I'm surprised the Cersei seems to be so easily taking care of Dany and her allies. I think now that Jamie knows that Tyrion is innocent sets the stage for him to kill Cersei and become the queen slayer. I'm guessing that Tyrion and maybe even Dany get's captured and Jamie will kill Cersei to save his brother hence handing the throne to Dany.

I think Jaime is calling the shots more than Cersei is. Casterly Rock would have been wiped out had Jaime not done his thing.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5226 on: August 01, 2017, 07:48:03 AM »
Olenna confronting Jaime about Cersi was interesting....because you could tell that even he knows she's friggin' out of control but he still 'loves' her. Just curious as to if the whole 'theory' that he will ultimately kill her will actually happen.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5227 on: August 01, 2017, 07:48:23 AM »
I'm surprised the Cersei seems to be so easily taking care of Dany and her allies.

I like it.  The expectation was that Dany would come to Westeros and kick everyone's ass with the dragons - fans and her own belief alike.  It's nice to see her getting her ass handed to her, which knocks her down a few pegs as the Lannister's are showing her how they do things.

It will also force her to get off her high horse when Jon eventually comes back after learning of his bloodline.  They'll have some common ground and she may be able to say "lets help each other."  Right now, she doesn't believe she needs his help, but after taking some hits, she might.

I agree about Jon's hesitation about being brought back to life - I never thought of it that way in that he was betrayed by his own people and that isn't something to be proud of.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5228 on: August 01, 2017, 08:01:47 AM »
I'm surprised the Cersei seems to be so easily taking care of Dany and her allies.

It will also force her to get off her high horse when Jon eventually comes back after learning of his bloodline.  They'll have some common ground and she may be able to say "lets help each other."  Right now, she doesn't believe she needs his help, but after taking some hits, she might.

How much of her unsullied is she about to lose at Casterly Rock? Did she send them all there, or only a portion?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5229 on: August 01, 2017, 08:04:19 AM »

How much of her unsullied is she about to lose at Casterly Rock? Did she send them all there, or only a portion?

I thought she sent them all and kept the Dothraki with her....don't know how many died but like Jaime said.....they'll now be forced to march across Westeros rather than sail home.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5230 on: August 01, 2017, 09:57:09 AM »
Probably a shorter hike. It's not like you can just swing back to Dragonstone on a ship since you have to loop down around Dorne.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5231 on: August 01, 2017, 11:59:12 AM »
I wonder if these defeats will make Dany snap and go "Screw it, I'm using the dragons". I expect her to go full villain anytime soon.

Also, I wonder what's the endgame - they want to stake the odds against Dany, to not have her too much of a flawless victory, or they intend for Cersei to be triumphant, only to have the White Walkers arrive the moment she says "Yay, I've defeated everyone, the Seven Kingdoms are mine"? it would be quite the irony, to have Cersei win and then see the Night King at her door.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5232 on: August 01, 2017, 12:32:18 PM »
I wonder if these defeats will make Dany snap and go "Screw it, I'm using the dragons". I expect her to go full villain anytime soon.

Also, I wonder what's the endgame - they want to stake the odds against Dany, to not have her too much of a flawless victory, or they intend for Cersei to be triumphant, only to have the White Walkers arrive the moment she says "Yay, I've defeated everyone, the Seven Kingdoms are mine"? it would be quite the irony, to have Cersei win and then see the Night King at her door.

Danny is going to lose at least one Dragon, if not all of them. I figured an ice giant would take em' down with an arrow, but now that Cersei has the mega ballista, I'm hoping to see her put it to use. She'll temporarily rule the 7 kingdoms until the white walkers show up. They'll get the dragon(s) she shot down and she'll eventually lose to their army. She'll still rule the 7 kingdoms as the Night Queen.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #5233 on: August 01, 2017, 02:23:54 PM »
Euron seems like a really forced character to me. No idea why, but I feel he is just a colossal dick for the sake of having one on the show right now.
Yeah it's like we had Joffrey and then Ramsay and now we need Euron because for some reason we need an absolutely vile person in the show.
I don't think it's forced at all. A tad rushed, maybe? But all storylines have sped up considerably ever since Season 6 so I don't really have an issue with that.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5234 on: August 01, 2017, 02:30:13 PM »
Euron seems like a really forced character to me. No idea why, but I feel he is just a colossal dick for the sake of having one on the show right now.
Yeah it's like we had Joffrey and then Ramsay and now we need Euron because for some reason we need an absolutely vile person in the show.
I don't think it's forced at all. A tad rushed, maybe? But all storylines have sped up considerably ever since Season 6 so I don't really have an issue with that.

Yea I can see both sides.  Book readers know more of how Euron is a colossal dick, but with the fast paced ending here in the show, it does kind of seemed forced so I understand that criticism.  However, I think the actor is doing a great job this season.  Last season he was like an afterthought and really made little to no impact.  His character hardly stood out.  This season he is the total badass he is supposed to be and the actor is doing it well, but it kind of didn't really build up in the show just due to the presentation of the storyline. 

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #5235 on: August 01, 2017, 02:41:14 PM »
Yeah, he would've had more impact if his introduction last season lived up to the hype of the character, but I'm so happy he's being the way he is this season because he's actually one of those baddies you root for, kinda.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5236 on: August 01, 2017, 03:00:34 PM »
Random thought I forgot to mention earlier: last week Sam suggests a "catchier title" for the "chronicles of the war after the death of Robert the first of his name", now Melisandre said she brought ice and fire together.... they're really itching to slap the title of the saga somewhere sometime, uh?  :lol

And I've read a theory about how Bran is basically trascending this plane of existance, kinda like Dr. Manhattan in The Watchers, and since he basically knows everything about everyone he's kinda detached from it all by now. I like it if only to justify his attitude when talking to Sansa, he was so "Yeah, whatever" all the time... and not making any sense.

"I was with the Three Eyed Raven"
"I thought you were the Three Eyed Raven"
"It's complicated"

No, it's not complicated, there was a Three Eyed Raven, he died, you took his place!!! Is that so hard to tell?  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #5237 on: August 01, 2017, 03:19:52 PM »
Yeah, he would've had more impact if his introduction last season lived up to the hype of the character, but I'm so happy he's being the way he is this season because he's actually one of those baddies you root for, kinda.

As a non-reader I don't see a single reason why anyone would root for Euron.  :lol

Offline masterthes

« Reply #5238 on: August 01, 2017, 09:41:12 PM »
I saw a Youtuber said next week's going to be a big battle scene with Jaime's men and the Dothraki and one of the dragons

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5239 on: August 01, 2017, 10:03:41 PM »
I saw a Youtuber said next week's going to be a big battle scene with Jaime's men and the Dothraki and one of the dragons

Where the hell are the Dothraki? I've seen like....4 of them maybe and it's not a big island. I doubt they all live on ships with their horses.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #5240 on: August 02, 2017, 02:43:43 AM »
Watching GOT sometimes reminds me of playing RPG's.  At the beginning you travel everywhere, then as you've explored most of the world and are eager to get to the endgame you just start using 'quick travel' more and more  ;D

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #5241 on: August 02, 2017, 03:58:51 AM »
Watching GOT sometimes reminds me of playing RPG's.  At the beginning you travel everywhere, then as you've explored most of the world and are eager to get to the endgame you just start using 'quick travel' more and more  ;D

Oblivion vibes mean. Why you gotta do this  :sadpanda:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5242 on: August 02, 2017, 06:58:29 AM »
 :lol so true

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5243 on: August 02, 2017, 01:09:07 PM »
Who's going to kill Little Finger?

A.) Arya
B.) Sansa
C.) Random Death
D.) Other (specify)
E.) Doesn't Die....Survives til the End

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5244 on: August 02, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »
Who's going to kill Little Finger?

A.) Arya
B.) Sansa
C.) Random Death
D.) Other (specify)
E.) Doesn't Die....Survives til the End

Arya

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5245 on: August 02, 2017, 02:21:12 PM »
Arya definitely seems most likely considering her skills and her current destination, but I think Sansa could also be the one to do it.  Or maybe... Nymeria as a wild card?

I don't really see him surviving to the end though. 

Offline masterthes

« Reply #5246 on: August 02, 2017, 03:05:27 PM »
I feel bad for Sansa. Out of all the remaining Starks, there's nothing special about her. Jon is the King of the North, Bran is the Three Eyed Raven, and Arya is a Faceless assassin

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5247 on: August 02, 2017, 03:14:04 PM »
I feel bad for Sansa. Out of all the remaining Starks, there's nothing special about her. Jon is the King of the North, Bran is the Three Eyed Raven, and Arya is a Faceless assassin

Lol saw this earlier...

Littlefinger won't make it to the end, but they'll keep around for most of it just to be an asshole. I'm gonna say Arya kills him. With Sansa's face.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5248 on: August 02, 2017, 03:28:08 PM »
But would that mean Sansa has to die?

Also lol so true about the Stark kids

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker