Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 633859 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #5180 on: July 25, 2017, 07:18:11 AM »
It probably means greyworm dies soon  :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5181 on: July 25, 2017, 07:31:36 AM »
Anyone notice how Euron had his men cut out tongues of the conquered soldiers on the ships?

Apparently Euron's ship is called the Silence and after he conquers another ship, he forces the crew into his service to replace the men he lost and he cuts out their tongues so there is no dissent or back talking

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5182 on: July 25, 2017, 07:33:05 AM »
I loved the Arya/Wolf scene. Nice call back to the first season and also a nice bow to how much Arya has changed. Was it just me or did they leave that scene with Arya unsure if she should continue North or head back to King's Landing?

Not that the symbolic meaning behind the scene wasn't cool...I get it. My point was that for an entire week online/social media etc. it was built up as some huge event of Nymeria's return and in that aspect it was anticlimactic. Judging from the producers pre season talk though I'd suspect that wasn't the last Arya has seen of her.

Anyone else think the "Prince that was promised' wording that was incorrectly interpreted to not include Princess is a sign that other prophecies were incorrectly interpreted?

I had the feeling in that scene that Messundra (spelliing?) noticed that Dany was getting upset that the prophecy hinted at a man being the one that would save them so she quickly add libbed and more or less made up the interpretation story to appease her queen.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5183 on: July 25, 2017, 07:33:21 AM »
Anyone notice how Euron had his men cut out tongues of the conquered soldiers on the ships?

Apparently Euron's ship is called the Silence and after he conquers another ship, he forces the crew into his service to replace the men he lost and he cuts out their tongues so there is no dissent or back talking

Seems kind of foolish. They'll like die of an infection or starvation and be no good to him.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5184 on: July 25, 2017, 10:05:41 AM »
I'm actually cutting Theon some slack. He basically had two options. 1) Try something in the moment and either die, get his sister killed, or get captured and tortured again. 2) Escape and at least have the opportunity to rescue her and return the favor of her rescuing him last season. He'll die after that.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5185 on: July 25, 2017, 10:20:51 AM »
I'm actually cutting Theon some slack. He basically had two options. 1) Try something in the moment and either die, get his sister killed, or get captured and tortured again. 2) Escape and at least have the opportunity to rescue her and return the favor of her rescuing him last season. He'll die after that.

I think it's more that seeing the brutality and disfigurement of the slain/wounded triggered his fear and emotions from having endured Ramsay's torture.  He's been doing his best to appear strong, but ever since he returned to the Iron Islands, he hasn't quite been old Theon.  He fought well, but after slowing down and seeing the carnage, those old fears came back. 

You could see that he was visibly freaked out and chose to abandon his sister in fear, rather than be strong and fight, even if it means death.  Yara knew that as well - she knew that he had given into his fear and given up. 

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #5186 on: July 27, 2017, 03:23:27 AM »
Enjoyed that episode.  As much fun as it was to watch the Sand Sisters vs Euron it didn't have a bit of fan-fiction about it.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #5187 on: July 29, 2017, 01:42:52 PM »
Euron is such a badass. Amazing villain to fill Ramsey's shoes in the final seasons of the show.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #5188 on: July 29, 2017, 06:33:03 PM »
Euron seems like a really forced character to me. No idea why, but I feel he is just a colossal dick for the sake of having one on the show right now.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5189 on: July 30, 2017, 06:15:26 AM »
Euron seems like a really forced character to me. No idea why, but I feel he is just a colossal dick for the sake of having one on the show right now.
Yeah it's like we had Joffrey and then Ramsay and now we need Euron because for some reason we need an absolutely vile person in the show.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5190 on: July 30, 2017, 06:17:17 AM »
So far this season is fantastic.  Really looking forward to tonight's episode.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5191 on: July 30, 2017, 08:53:00 AM »
Yeah it's like we had Joffrey and then Ramsay and now we need Euron because for some reason we need an absolutely vile person in the show.

I don't think he's anywhere near as vile as either of those two. He was banished.....spent all that time being a baddass exploring and what not and then figured he was the man who could bring some balls back to the Iron Islands. Sure he's a dick for murdering the king and performing a hostile take over but, hey....that's the way things are in that world. The strongest survive.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5192 on: July 30, 2017, 10:02:57 AM »
I guess you haven't read the novels.

He's a dick.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5193 on: July 30, 2017, 10:48:24 AM »
I guess you haven't read the novels.

He's a dick.

I haven't. All I have to go off is the show.

My plan is to wait about 4-5 years after the show is complete to then read the novels.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5194 on: July 30, 2017, 10:51:49 AM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5195 on: July 30, 2017, 08:05:49 PM »
"He really was a cunt"... god bless the Queen of Thorns :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5196 on: July 30, 2017, 08:09:11 PM »
I honestly thought that Cersei would definitely have the Mountain crush the sand daughter in front of the mother and was dreading that the whole time Cesei was teasing and stalling. It didn't even occur to me that she would poison her the same way. A true Stark reunion at last!

I love how wrong I am in predicting the moves of both queens so far, then again I avoid speculating much and just see where things are headed. . Man what an awesome episode again. 3 down 4 more to go.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5197 on: July 30, 2017, 08:13:13 PM »
Talk about getting schooled. Cersi and Jaimie just spanked Tyrion.  :lol He may be smart but Jaimie just proved his worth

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5198 on: July 30, 2017, 08:27:03 PM »
There were several quotes that were golden in this episode. That long running intro of Dany followed by 'This is Jon Snow... king of the North' LOL.
'Give me 10 good men and I'l impregnate the bitch'
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5199 on: July 31, 2017, 02:32:53 AM »

Yeah I laughed hard at that one :lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5200 on: July 31, 2017, 04:38:45 AM »

Yeah I laughed hard at that one :lol
It really was brilliant. :lol

And Dany continues to get more annoying.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #5201 on: July 31, 2017, 07:20:20 AM »
Man, Dany seriously needs to get laid. She's been grumpy ever since she said goodbeye to her 'boyfriend'.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5202 on: July 31, 2017, 07:34:56 AM »

Yeah. In the words of Phil Anselmo "Yesterday don't mean sh%t". Thus far since crossing the sea she and Tyrion have been outplayed by Cersi and Co. Certainly an impressive list for an introduction but it doesn't mean a whole lot at this point. She needs to ignore Tyrion for a bit and unleash those Dragons on Euron's fleet for starters....

I'm supposing that Sam will discover John's true lineage while transcribing those old scrolls. And it looks as if Bran may know already as well and want to either tell or show John his true past.

I'm wondering if Jorah....after he's reunited with Dany....will be sent by her to return with Jon to verify if what Jon is saying is true?

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5203 on: July 31, 2017, 08:12:01 AM »

Yeah. In the words of Phil Anselmo "Yesterday don't mean sh%t". Thus far since crossing the sea she and Tyrion have been outplayed by Cersi and Co. Certainly an impressive list for an introduction but it doesn't mean a whole lot at this point. She needs to ignore Tyrion for a bit and unleash those Dragons on Euron's fleet for starters....
The most irritating thing is her hypocrisy. In the east, she was an outsider who ruled because the people wanted her, because she was doing what was right and moral, or simply by force. Now in Westeros, she outright demands power and dominion over all seven kingdoms without earning any of it because "BIRTHRIGHT".

I be am boner inducing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5204 on: July 31, 2017, 09:02:27 AM »

The most irritating thing is her hypocrisy. In the east, she was an outsider who ruled because the people wanted her, because she was doing what was right and moral, or simply by force. Now in Westeros, she outright demands power and dominion over all seven kingdoms without earning any of it because "BIRTHRIGHT".

so true. It felt weird seeing her demand Jon to bend the knee when she really hasn't done anything to earn it. Nothing she did across the sea matters at this point other than convincing the Dothraki and Unsullied to come with her.

she needed to get put in her place and the first two 'battles' have done that. everyone (fans) was hoping she'd show up and just dominate....as that's how it kind of was presented....but then she gets here and gets owned a bit which leads me to think the writers are going to give the early edge to Cersi & Co. then round up the season with Dany either ending it all and winding up on the throne or in position to do so early in the final season. I can't imagine that Cersi is left standing after it all goes down.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5205 on: July 31, 2017, 09:26:02 AM »

She was definitely annoying this episode. A bit too entitled.
And I didn't expect she'd have it easy winning the throne, or else there wouldn't be much story for her. I like that she still has to learn to out-strategy her opponents to win and not just easily win by force. Even her dragons aren't going to be a guarantee. I'm already sad at the idea of a dragon dying. :(
And it will be all the more rewarding if/when Cersei falls by building her up into an epic bitch in the meantime. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5206 on: July 31, 2017, 10:48:19 AM »
I really loved that episode. It just keeps getting better and better, and don't think I've ever loved the show as much as I do now. Just from the story itself to the way its edited and laid out, I just truly love it.

And jon's right. She hasn't done a damn thing as of yet to earn him bending the knee. That entitlement shit has got to go. Respect is earned, not demanded.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5207 on: July 31, 2017, 11:27:09 AM »
The pacing of this show is getting insane.  It seemed they probably could have spent a season on just what happened last episode.  Dany and Job meeting was pretty tense.  I feel like there's so much for them to talk about that we'll never see in show.  I thought it was interesting Jon didn't want to let them all know he was killed.  Not totally sure why, maybe the talk of white walkers was enough craziness and talking about being raised from the dead would just make them look more unbelievable?  But given how Dany is losing this war badly, I'm thinking she's going to be needing Jon a lot more next episode.

That whole ending scene was a mind fuck.  Tyrion's plan to take over Westeros took a big hit last week, but holy crap did his seemingly awesome plan for Casterly Rock turn south real quick.  I loved his voiceover while seeing the action.  Really eerie.  Which lead to Olenna's, likely, last scene.  Which was a fantastic way to go out.  Letting the truth come out about Joffrey's death, you can just see the look of disgust in Jamie's face.  She was such a great character, definitely going to miss her conversations.    I was quite surprised to see Cersei tell the Iron Bank they would have their money so soon, but I guess she has the Tyrell's fortune now. 

Cersei's punishment to Ellaria was pretty bad ass and totally within her character.  I figured she was going to go one of her other methods mentioned (such as having the Mountain crush her face) but that way was more fitting and showed another layer of cruelty.  She seems like she also has Euron in control, but I really think both know the other is going to back stab as soon as they get the chance.  Jamie also continues to get mocked by Euron.  I got to think, if Cersei does end up banging Euron, that will be the end of her and Jamie.  Maybe that's the final piece that gets him to flip on her?

How bout that awkward reunion between Bran and Sansa?  It was all cool, until her brought up that he saw her get raped.  Bran seems sooo different now.  I want him to start telling everyone what he knows.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5208 on: July 31, 2017, 11:36:10 AM »
Bran seems sooo different now.  I want him to start telling everyone what he knows.

I read something interesting last night that explained that Bran is all-knowing, but yet he only knows pieces of what he sees.  His training (downloading) from the Three Eyed Raven was interrupted by the white walkers.  This helps in that if you had an all-knowing person on your side, you'd be invincible.  But with Bran not in full control of what he sees, it doesn't tip the scales toward the Starks, or the humans (when the white walkers come).

He obviously knows Jon's true parentage, which he will probably divulge soon, since he said he wanted to see Jon.  As for Jon, I'm glad he stood his ground against Dany and I'm glad that Tyrion believes him.  Dany is just a little rich girl to Jon - I think once he learns of his lineage, he may have some common ground with Dany to help build on.

I loved Olenna - she was the only no-nonsense person on the show that just called it like she saw it.  That scene was amzing. 

Great lines in this episode - Tyrion's line about Starks venturing south was hilarious, as was Davros' introduction of Jon after Dany's titles were read.  "This is Jon Snow............................................he's King of the North."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5209 on: July 31, 2017, 11:46:52 AM »
I didn't catch this, but was told that when Job told Dany he is not a Stark, a dragon roared.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5210 on: July 31, 2017, 11:47:50 AM »
but I guess she has the Tyrell's fortune now. 

that gold hasn't made it to King's Landing just yet.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5211 on: July 31, 2017, 03:26:20 PM »
Awesome episode! ironically, I loved the scenes with bad characters.

I'm one of the biggest Cersei haters (I mean, Lena Headey is awesome, and the character of Cersei is compelling and fun to watch, but if we pretend she's a real person, I totally hate her guts), but I couldn't fault her for taking poetic revenge on the death of her innocent daughter. Also Littlefinger's advice to Sansa was quite good - surely it comes from a triple-quadruple backstabber, but talking generally, it's not bad advice to say "Stay ten steps ahead and think of all possible outcomes".

I agree that Dany needs to either get laid or get real. She's more and more icy, uptight and entitled, only Tyrion seems to keep her in check. I agree that it was hilarous the contrast between her titles and Jon's, and I was frustrated by their discussion - Jon has to sell the news of the White Walkers, and he never says to someone that has three friggin' dragons something direct as "Imagine if nobody believed your dragons. But I've just seen them for the first time. Well, I've seen the White Walkers too". Try to bond over the dragons and make parallels with her experience, rather than saying bold statements that make for just good one-liners.

And speaking of one-liners, it killed me when Tyrion said about his journey "It's a long and bloody tale. I was drunk for most of it anyway"  :lol

Tyrion also has a badass voiceover with Casterly Rock falling. And I have to compliment the bad guys once again, giving up the Rock for defeating the Tyrells was a great move. And as much as I was frustrated with Jon not being able to get across the White Walkers point, I was delighted to see Olenna's big, final "F U" to Jaimie. I was thinking all the time "Tell him, tell him!"... and she did. Chilling scene, masterfully executed.

All hail Olenna, the Queen of Thorns. She died as she lived: With class, intelligence, grace, and zero fucks for anybody.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5212 on: July 31, 2017, 03:48:13 PM »
There were actually quite a few lines and moments that were reminders of past episodes.  I really dig that. 

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5213 on: July 31, 2017, 07:02:15 PM »
Cram, everytime you said Job instead of Jon I just pictured this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYrwTVsckmI

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5214 on: July 31, 2017, 07:05:00 PM »
Cram, everytime you said Job instead of Jon I just pictured this: