Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 638280 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #5040 on: June 09, 2017, 05:12:16 AM »
Now to wait for the episode titles.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5041 on: June 09, 2017, 06:09:52 AM »
I just want to see an ice dragon.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5042 on: June 09, 2017, 07:11:47 AM »
Predictions for the final 2 seasons?

- I think and John and Dany will share the throne as king and queen
- I think Cersei will be killed by Jamie

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5043 on: June 09, 2017, 07:15:26 AM »
Plot wise, the Others must invade Westeros, probably tearing down the Wall in the process.

Dany will at the very least try to conquer King's Landing, and for sure she'll try to find allies, so probably she'll go to Dorne and she may eventually meet Jon.

Probably the foretold prophecy about Cersei will come true, and Jaimie will be both a Kingslayer and a Queenslayer.

Tyrion will drink and know things.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5044 on: June 09, 2017, 07:20:46 AM »
I'm willing to bet Cersei kills Jaimie.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5045 on: June 09, 2017, 07:21:36 AM »
Jon will negotiate a pact with The Others.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5046 on: June 09, 2017, 07:42:56 AM »
- I think and John and Dany will share the throne as king and queen
- I think Cersei will be killed by Jamie

These two things...
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5047 on: June 09, 2017, 07:45:49 AM »

That was by far the most intriguing and well thought theory I've ever read, and way more interesting than the happy ending with the rightful heir (s) sitting on the Throne.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5048 on: June 09, 2017, 07:50:05 AM »

Dany will at the very least try to conquer King's LandingCasterly Rock, and for sure she'll try to find allies, so probably she'll go to Dorne and she may eventually meet Jon.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5049 on: June 09, 2017, 08:13:49 AM »

That was by far the most intriguing and well thought theory I've ever read, and way more interesting than the happy ending with the rightful heir (s) sitting on the Throne.

Some think that is the theory that GRRM was referring to when he said one of the reddit fans correctly guessed the ending.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5050 on: June 09, 2017, 12:17:54 PM »
Jaime is almost certainly going to kill Cersei at some point.  I'm guessing by season's end, but maybe not until next season. 

Dany and Dorne will work their way north (I assume she would land in Dorne), looks like she is in Dragonstone in the trailer.  Not sure if she will take King's Landing by season's end, but she will be close.

The Others take down the wall and make their way to Winterfell.  I think Jon is going to have some issues with Littlefinger.  I dont think we see a battle or deal yet with the Others.  I think that's the final season. 

Bran tells Jon about him.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5051 on: June 09, 2017, 12:21:13 PM »
I really feel like Jaimie killing Cersei is far too predictable. Nothing in this show has been predictable.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5052 on: June 09, 2017, 12:26:09 PM »
I really feel like Jaimie killing Cersei is far too predictable. Nothing in this show has been predictable.

Well just as predictable as King Tommen dying.  But Jamie's storyline with Cersei has been brewing for so long.  While I can see a few more twists happening, the plots have been moving in certain directions for awhile now.  To just change things at the end for shock doesn't seem likely.  Same with Jon not dying, the books and all the prophecies would have all been meaningless if he were to just die.  I think this is sort of similar, but on a smaller level. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5053 on: June 12, 2017, 05:36:34 AM »
Jaime is almost certainly going to kill Cersei at some point.  I'm guessing by season's end, but maybe not until next season. 

I think he'll do it to save his brother from Cersei.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5054 on: June 12, 2017, 06:17:29 AM »

Last time he offered his opinion on the matter, Jaimie said "He killed my father. If I ever see him again, I'll kill him". Of course that could have been the bitterness and hurting of the moment, and over time he may forgive Tyrion, but I wonder how much he really meant it.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5055 on: June 12, 2017, 06:19:22 AM »

Last time he offered his opinion on the matter, Jaimie said "He killed my father. If I ever see him again, I'll kill him". Of course that could have been the bitterness and hurting of the moment, and over time he may forgive Tyrion, but I wonder how much he really meant it.

Jaime has changed much since then also. I think he would rather not be responsible for either of his siblings' deaths, but if one went to kill the other I think he would defend the intended victim.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5056 on: June 12, 2017, 06:39:48 AM »
I agree with you... however, for Cersei and Tyrion seeing each other again, that means that Dany should be there as well. Tyrion is Dany's hand now, let's say Dany conquers King's Landing or storms it or even puts a siege on it... why would Tyrion be allowed or would even want to go in front of Cersei? it's a bit too convenient, for a story so bent on avoiding tropes, to have Dany and Tyrion entering the throne room with Cersei and Jaimie waiting for them.

Also, will there even be a throne room to break into? that's the good of the series, we can't even know for sure if there will be a decisive battle for King's Landing, since the White Walkers might as well screw everything and everyone over.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5057 on: June 12, 2017, 06:42:31 AM »
I'm not saying Tyrion's going to voluntarily appear before Cersei. I'm thinking that once she finds out he's back in Westeros she'll send people looking for him. You don't think she'll offer a significant bounty for his head?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5058 on: June 12, 2017, 06:43:13 AM »
This may be a stupid question, but does Dany know that Tyrion and Cersei are siblings?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5059 on: June 12, 2017, 06:58:29 AM »
I'm sure she does. She was raised with the knowledge of her home land. I don't think it specifically says so in the book but one can assume she knows all about the Lannister family, the family that was partially responsible for usurping the throne.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #5060 on: June 14, 2017, 04:21:12 PM »
Maggy the Frog's prophecy involves Jaime killing Cersei. It's expected, but it's pretty cool to see how everything that was foreseen is slowly happening.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5061 on: June 15, 2017, 05:33:18 AM »
Maggy the Frog's prophecy involves Jaime killing Cersei. It's expected, but it's pretty cool to see how everything that was foreseen is slowly happening.

Well technically it's uncertain weather it's her "little" brother meaning Tyrion, her younger brother meaning Jaime since he was born moments before her, OR The Hound in a trial by combat.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5062 on: June 15, 2017, 07:27:25 AM »
Didn't read the book but the impression I have from seeing the issue discusses is that for the character Cersei it's obvious that the little brother is Tyrion, but an astute reader won't go over the detail of Jaimie being technically the younger brother and therefore a fitting candidate to the prophecy.

Anyway, I hate prophecies in literature, they rob every character of free will - which, for the record, they don't have, 'cause they're just characters and the autor is writing them, but it's something I'm trying to forget when I'm immersed in reading... so I'm already reading a book that has all the pages printed (or, if you want, watching a movie where all the scenes have been filmed), I'm trying to pretend they're real characters, and in the story you put a plot device that tells how everything is already written no matter what? bleah.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #5063 on: June 15, 2017, 01:08:25 PM »

Well technically it's uncertain weather it's her "little" brother meaning Tyrion, her younger brother meaning Jaime since he was born moments before her, OR The Hound in a trial by combat.
True, but I reckon it would make much more sense given that all her children were fathered by Jaime. He gave her children, she watched them all die and the cherry on top is having him being her end. Yeah, it's kinda expected, but it would make so much sense.

Either way, it can't wait to see what happens. It's kinda exciting for us show fans that the events of season 7 will be completely new to both fans of the show and fans of the novels. This is the first time in YEARS that we will get hours of new Westeros content.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5064 on: June 19, 2017, 05:31:51 AM »

True, but I reckon it would make much more sense given that all her children were fathered by Jaime. He gave her children, she watched them all die and the cherry on top is having him being her end. Yeah, it's kinda expected, but it would make so much sense.

Either way, it can't wait to see what happens. It's kinda exciting for us show fans that the events of season 7 will be completely new to both fans of the show and fans of the novels. This is the first time in YEARS that we will get hours of new Westeros content.

Less than a month to go!  :metal

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5065 on: June 21, 2017, 01:31:50 PM »
New trailer! Good lord this looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mlhnt0jMlg

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5066 on: June 21, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »
I was just about to post it.  Damn...it looks glorious.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5067 on: June 21, 2017, 06:48:12 PM »
Hot damn that good ass trailer. I can't wait  :metal

Online faizoff

« Reply #5068 on: June 21, 2017, 08:21:08 PM »
Just over 3 weeks to go, seriously can't wait.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5069 on: June 22, 2017, 09:51:29 AM »
That trailer is intense.  A lot of focus on Littlefinger in that one, I'm thinking he is going to get himself killed this season.  He will cross the Starks and it will be the first time his playing both sides catches up to him.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5070 on: June 22, 2017, 10:51:47 AM »
So I was thinking, there are still wars to come. The war for the iron throne and war for humanity against the white walkers. Based on that trailer, I'm wondering if most of this season will be the war for the throne and that we'll see the end of Cersei in the season finale.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5071 on: June 22, 2017, 11:27:09 AM »
So I was thinking, there are still wars to come. The war for the iron throne and war for humanity against the white walkers. Based on that trailer, I'm wondering if most of this season will be the war for the throne and that we'll see the end of Cersei in the season finale.

That's my guess as well

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5072 on: June 22, 2017, 11:48:43 AM »

That's my guess as well

It would seem the timing is set up that way with Dany en route....plus with the previews it's pretty heavily footage of man on man war with a few scenes of white walkers. Plus, ultimately the war between man and the white walkers is really THE war to be concerned about so it'd seem fitting that the final season 'settles' that war while this season settles the more trivial kingdom rulership.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5073 on: June 23, 2017, 05:17:44 AM »
So, who gets to be the lucky person who kills Cersei? Is it Jaime, Tyrion, someone else? It has to be poetic. It can't just be that she is hit by some random arrow. I know the whole Maggie the Frog prophecy but sometimes they shouldn't be taken literal.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5074 on: June 23, 2017, 05:29:06 AM »
It also depends how much George RR Martin thought it was important.

Remember Tyrion's first wife? they introduced her, reminded her, and then said "nah, screw it all" having him killing Tywin over Shae, while in the book he's pissed because he deceived him for years. So the prophecy may be a case where the authors go "meh, whatever", but they're still reminding it with the deaths of her children so who knows.

For sure it makes sense to Jaimie finally snapping and being in the situation of having once again to stop the sitting king from destroying the town, or maybe she'll pull a Hitler and blow up herself on the eve of certain defeat.

About how the final two seasons will go, "Battle for the Iron Throne first and battle for Westeros later" makes sense, but it all seems so nice and tidy. I'd love for some more messing up of the two impending wars, rather than the Iron Throne being nicely conquered and the winners going "mh, ok, now let's think about the White Walkers".