Author Topic: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread  (Read 633598 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread
« Reply #4865 on: October 03, 2016, 08:11:45 AM »
 :lol

Doghouse?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4866 on: October 03, 2016, 08:12:40 AM »
Oh yes.

She still gets a look on her face when the subject comes up lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4867 on: October 03, 2016, 08:16:52 AM »
So I guess you won't be slow dancing to Rains of Castamere anytime soon.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4868 on: October 03, 2016, 09:21:55 AM »
So I guess you won't be slow dancing to Rains of Castamere anytime soon.
Probably not, no.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4869 on: October 03, 2016, 10:39:21 AM »
Women will never understand the romance in fantasy.  :lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4870 on: October 03, 2016, 11:26:12 AM »
I loved the twitter account that popped up right afterwards too and just spent days retweeting people's reactions.
Photobucket sucks.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4871 on: October 15, 2016, 08:15:07 PM »
Well the end of Season 5 can just fuck right off.

Online faizoff

« Reply #4872 on: October 15, 2016, 08:30:17 PM »

Well the end of Season 5 can just fuck right off.
:lol
Just start season 6 already then.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4873 on: October 15, 2016, 08:33:03 PM »
Yup, wanna be caught up by the end of the week so I can watch something else  :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4874 on: October 15, 2016, 09:36:59 PM »
I forgot you were still playing catch-up. How's that for a season finale?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4875 on: October 16, 2016, 03:21:11 PM »
https://wikiofthrones.com/4429/game-of-thrones-actress-faye-marsay-quit-social-media-facing-abuse-playing-waif/

The actress playing the Waif was harassed because her character was mean to Arya Stark.

I mean... in 2016? really? are people THAT stupid to not understand what a television is and what an actor does? I could understand when TV was new and the most iliterate people could not really figure out that the person inside that magic box was portraying a role, but if someone in this day and age does not get what an actor is and what is fiction and what is reality, they should not have a TV... or vote, for that record.

I hate Cersei as much as anyone else, I'd really like to slap her smug smile away from her face, and should I ever meet Lena Headey the last thing that would cross my mind would be to insult her. I would actually compliment her for portraying Cersei in such a great and convincing way.

People are damn dumb.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4876 on: October 16, 2016, 09:04:00 PM »
Worse shit was done on social media to the black actress from Ghost Busters MirrorMask, what year we're in seemingly doesn't have any effect on dipshits.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4877 on: October 16, 2016, 09:13:59 PM »

F'in sucked. They knocked off two of my favorite characters (Jon and Shireen (small bit, but I liked what she portrayed)) and made my most favorite character blind.

I'm passed episode two now, so I know that some of it has been rectified, and I have a feeling they're gonna make Arya see again, but damn that was a sucker punch.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4878 on: October 16, 2016, 11:41:00 PM »

F'in sucked. They knocked off two of my favorite characters (Jon and Shireen (small bit, but I liked what she portrayed)) and made my most favorite character blind.

I'm passed episode two now, so I know that some of it has been rectified, and I have a feeling they're gonna make Arya see again, but damn that was a sucker punch.

In the books it really pisses you off. They end Arya's chapter with her going blind. The first paragraph of the next chapter starts with Maester Aemon dying. I was like...I need to put the book down for a little while.  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4879 on: October 16, 2016, 11:48:34 PM »
https://wikiofthrones.com/4429/game-of-thrones-actress-faye-marsay-quit-social-media-facing-abuse-playing-waif/

The actress playing the Waif was harassed because her character was mean to Arya Stark.

I mean... in 2016? really? are people THAT stupid to not understand what a television is and what an actor does? I could understand when TV was new and the most iliterate people could not really figure out that the person inside that magic box was portraying a role, but if someone in this day and age does not get what an actor is and what is fiction and what is reality, they should not have a TV... or vote, for that record.

I hate Cersei as much as anyone else, I'd really like to slap her smug smile away from her face, and should I ever meet Lena Headey the last thing that would cross my mind would be to insult her. I would actually compliment her for portraying Cersei in such a great and convincing way.

People are damn dumb.

Ugh, yeah, that's stupid. Actors are not their characters. If I ever met them, I'd congratulate them on playing a part that can get such an emotional response out of me, good or bad. The entire Lannister family tree are assholes in the show, but I'd be excited to see any of them in real life. I wouldn't get angry at the guy who plays Jamie for pretend raping his pretend sister as part of his day job. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4880 on: October 17, 2016, 12:02:34 AM »
As much of a cunt as Cersei is in the show, Lena Headey is doing an amazing job of portraying her as such. It's the actors who play the bad guys that always seem to have the more daunting task, especially if your character's personality changes, like Jaime Lannister. Layered characters are always more fun to watch on screen if you're the type of person that appreciates the acting as well as the story itself.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4881 on: October 17, 2016, 12:08:31 AM »
During the battle at Blackwater Bay when Cersei was just getting drunk and being a total bitch to Sansa, it takes skill to play such a bitter character with so much class. :lol What's not to love?
And Joffrey. By the end, I was sad to see such a great character go, even though I was glad to see his character get what he deserved.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4882 on: October 17, 2016, 01:09:59 AM »
Joffrey's character was so good in the sense that it was the perfect one to hate, but I really couldn't stand him, I don't miss that little d!psh|t at all.

So I guess is Jack Gleeson's merit that I was glad to see a teenage kid dying horribly in front of their helpless parents, I'm an horrible person  :biggrin:
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4883 on: October 17, 2016, 01:27:45 AM »
Yea the kid playing Joffrey was amazing, never hated a fictional character more than him so that's a testament to brilliant acting. People attacking actors playing villans or mean characters are beyond stupid but i'm not surprised. Stupid people exist and some can't seem to see the diffrence between fiction and reality.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4884 on: October 17, 2016, 01:29:23 AM »
What about Ramsay? I think he's worse than Joffrey. Joffrey was just a mean spoiled brat. Ramsay is not only straight out mean, he will mind fuck you as well.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4885 on: October 17, 2016, 01:34:36 AM »
Pretty sure Joffrey was much more than just a mean spoiled brat. I've met quite a few mean spoiled brats in my day, they didn't murder people and psychologically torture others.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4886 on: October 17, 2016, 01:37:34 AM »
Yeah, you're right on that. I still feel Ramsay was worse, especially for what he did to his father, stepmother, and brother. I made it smaller because I know RJ is still working his way through it.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4887 on: October 17, 2016, 01:54:34 AM »
Yeah, you're right on that. I still feel Ramsay was worse, especially for what he did to his father, stepmother, and brother. I made it smaller because I know RJ is still working his way through it.

I can't really put up a good argument that Joffrey was worse, it's comparing two insanely evil people. Is one worse than the other? Sure, maybe, but they're both still god damn evil.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4888 on: October 17, 2016, 01:57:33 AM »

I can't really put up a good argument that Joffrey was worse, it's comparing two insanely evil people. Is one worse than the other? Sure, maybe, but they're both still god damn evil.

Agreed.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4889 on: October 17, 2016, 02:12:26 AM »
Pretty sure Joffrey was much more than just a mean spoiled brat. I've met quite a few mean spoiled brats in my day, they didn't murder people and psychologically torture others.

Maybe they would have if they had been born into the royal family in a land in which that basically means you can do whatever you want to people.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #4890 on: October 17, 2016, 04:11:58 AM »
Both of their demises were very satisfying, but Ramsay's felt a longer time in coming.

Also, with Joffrey, you pretty much watched the whole thing happen, but with Ramsay a little was left to the imagination, as the camera switched to Sansa walking away with a hint of a smirk on her face. Pretty cool.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4891 on: October 17, 2016, 04:34:58 AM »
I liked Ramsey's death, but I was really sad about Joffrey's. I loved his presence on the show and it won't be the same without him.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4892 on: October 17, 2016, 05:43:16 AM »

Because they're not kings, I'm pretty sure all you need as a spoiled brat is to be king to start killing and torturing, reaching your full potential as an asshole :lol

I liked Ramsey's death, but I was really sad about Joffrey's. I loved his presence on the show and it won't be the same without him.

I'm the exact opposite, Joffrey's presence aggravated the hell out of me, it's like watching a kid with bad parents getting away with shit over and over again. His death wasn't satisfying at all because it wasn't prolonged, back then I actually wished he'd somehow fall captive at the Dreadfort and get the Theon-treatment.
Ramsey was fascinating, a rabid dog with an uncanny mind for strategy. His presence was menacing and somehow the actor was great enough to make me feel as nervous as the people around him in any given scene, I'll miss him a lot.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4893 on: October 17, 2016, 09:54:16 AM »
From where I'm at, Joffrey was a sniveling little cunt with a lot of power. Ramsay is pure, psychopathic evil. No contest man.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4894 on: October 17, 2016, 11:39:30 AM »
Yeah...and you haven't even seen the worst yet.  :omg:

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4895 on: October 17, 2016, 11:47:58 AM »
Joffrey had the excuse of being a young boy who has been spoiled by a mother who happened to be married to the king... which means that he was not a spoiled brat only, but a spoiled brat that would have been taught anyway that the throne would have been his by birthright.

Furthermore because of the incest he has obvious sadistic tendencies, but who knows if growing up he would have matured a bit and changed. He's a bit the Malfoy of the situation, the environment in which he grew up in didn't really give him a chance.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4896 on: October 17, 2016, 02:32:11 PM »

I saw that episode, I'm on 6.3 now. Fucked up man.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4897 on: October 17, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »

I saw that episode, I'm on 6.3 now. Fucked up man.

That's right. It was earlier in the season.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4898 on: October 17, 2016, 07:03:41 PM »
lonestar are you talking about the "I am Lord Bolton" scene?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4899 on: October 17, 2016, 07:07:57 PM »
Yes he is