Author Topic: Vandalism of other people's property  (Read 1346 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Vandalism of other people's property
« on: April 05, 2011, 05:00:45 AM »
My faith in humanity is wearing very thin.  I just don't understand people these days.  My work mate last week walked out to her car and noticed someone had backed into the back leaving a big scratch on the bumper, there was no note and no evidence of who did this.

This week she walked out and was horrified to noticed that some bastard has keyed her car all the way down the passenger side.  Why on earth do people fucking vandalize people's property, especially a low act like this.  Why are people such assholes.  Now she'll have to claim on her insurance or pay hundreds of dollars to get this fixed and for what?  This is a brand new car that she has only had 6 months, so you can imagine how devastated she is. 

In return she's extremely upset, depressed and much extremely cynical.  Why do people do this?  Fuck I hate people. Rant over.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Vandalism of other people's property
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:21:52 AM »
I'm sorry for her and I understand her sadness, she must feel angry too.

Why do people do this? 
"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually".  (Gen 6:5 KJV)

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 05:35:59 AM »
I hate certain people, dude. Vandals are just one of them. Fuck em, they'll have their day.

Offline mizzl

• DTF.org Member
  • I have officialy been ravenhearted. Thanks Zydar!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:37:16 AM »

Why do people do this? 
"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually".  (Gen 6:5 KJV)
Do you have to quote the bible?

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 05:43:59 AM »

Why do people do this?
"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually".  (Gen 6:5 KJV)
Do you have to quote the bible?

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 05:56:58 AM »
The bible reference doesn't really apply. I dont know why people fuck shit up. I used to a little bit when I was young and stupid, but I'd never do something that cost someone money.

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 06:03:47 AM »
Vandals will never truly be happy. Not until they become more virtuous and cease these acts. This is not because of any religious reason....it's just that assholeism doesn't usually get to the endgame of happiness. It's main reward is a fleeting sense of pleasure which is always attractive in the very short-term but tends to precede and disguise deprivation and depression. So I think these sort of people will get their just desserts....not through some convenient heavenly justice, but just through the nature of the brain and of human interaction.
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 08:17:44 AM »
Adults who vandalize stuff usually have a reason for it.  The reason might not be clear to you, but there's something that set them off.  This is the #2 reason not to put bumper stickers on your car, BTW.  Mind you, I'm not saying that the reason was valid, just that there was one.  Maybe he didn't like the way she parked.  Maybe she looked like a girl that dumped him back in high school.  Who knows?

Kids don't need any reason.  As we all know, they lack comprehension of consequences.  Destroying stuff if fun, and you never have to see the work and cost of repairing/cleaning/replacing, etc.  Stuff like deductibles doesn't matter to a 13 year old since adults have all the money in the world.   
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson