Author Topic: School Thread  (Read 14867 times)

Offline Ħ

Re: School Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2011, 06:57:06 PM »
So I just gave myself the shittiest schedule for next year. All the business people I had to get sign off on it were like "Uhhhhh that's probably not a good idea". But I'm doing it anyways. Joy.

Principles of Accounting
Analytical Techniques in Business
Intro to Microeconomics
Intro to Macroeconomics
Business Communications
Statistics

I've never had a class in any of those before, so I'm going in blind to everything.

Yeah, and I also was trying to get a job for next semester. I am not a good student by any means. I don't know how this is going to work.
No offense but you're going to burn out.  I say drop Analytical Techniques and one of the Intros.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2011, 07:06:36 PM »
So I just gave myself the shittiest schedule for next year. All the business people I had to get sign off on it were like "Uhhhhh that's probably not a good idea". But I'm doing it anyways. Joy.

Principles of Accounting
Analytical Techniques in Business
Intro to Microeconomics
Intro to Macroeconomics
Business Communications
Statistics

I've never had a class in any of those before, so I'm going in blind to everything.

Yeah, and I also was trying to get a job for next semester. I am not a good student by any means. I don't know how this is going to work.
No offense but you're going to burn out.  I say drop Analytical Techniques and one of the Intros.

No offense taken, and you're probably right. I've got another week to figure out if I want to change anything. Again, I got kind of fucked over since I need to play catch up since I hadn't taken any classes that count toward my major before this semester, and I'm in the second semester of my sophomore year, so I don't have much time left.

Does anyone know if I should take micro before macro, or if they are two different beasts and pre-set knowledge of one isn't required for the other?

EDIT - Also, I need AT LEAST 5 classes. I've been taking 4 classes and that's why I'm falling behind in credits.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2011, 07:07:33 PM »

Does anyone know if I should take micro before macro, or if they are two different beasts and pre-set knowledge of one isn't required for the other?

I'd advise taking micro before macro.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2011, 07:11:08 PM »

I'd advise taking micro before macro.

In that case, I might just drop macro and keep everything else. Maybe even add another easy class.... or take private music lessons for a credit.

I've never taken a stats class, but most people say it isn't that hard, and I'm not too bad with math. The Business Communications class is actually an English/Business class, and I had the professor before and he loves me, so I should be fine in that. The others I'm a bit worried about, because I don't even know what they are about really.  :lol

OH, COLLEGE.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2011, 07:16:46 PM »
College reminds me every day that one day the earth is going to catch fire and be consumed by the expanding, indifferent sun that gave it life.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2011, 07:18:20 PM »
College reminds me every day that one day the earth is going to catch fire and be consumed by the expanding, indifferent sun that gave it life.

No, working in food service will do that. College is nice.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2011, 10:49:11 PM »
Just finished my first year of university, and it is not for me. I don't think I will return next year, I just don't care enough to try.  :\

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2011, 10:53:04 PM »

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: Although, the food wasn't the greatest... Ever...
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2011, 10:56:21 PM »

Agreed. I wish I could go back in time to college.

Of course, I'd like to do so knowing what I do now.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2011, 11:25:08 PM »

Don't get me wrong, college is a pretty cool guy (I'm very excited about my move to a bigger university) but all I can associate with college is stress most of the time. And usually the stress is my own fault.

Offline Pirate

• Yeah buddy
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »
This could be a good a good idea for a feelafraidcomic