Author Topic: A fun app for you guys (Clock Stopper)  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
A fun app for you guys (Clock Stopper)
« on: March 29, 2011, 11:45:33 AM »
Hi DTF,

Here am I again trying to advertise my free iPhone apps.   :)
You guys were great pointing things out in Word Insanity and downloading, so I thought I would share with you guys my new app, Clock Stopper. This is a game to test your accuracy on how fast you can stop a timer. The idea is simple but all my friends were addicted, and I have to admit, it's quite a hard challenge. Anyhow, if you guys have iPhone/iPod Touch and have some time, I greatly appreciate the download and rate!

Thanks,
Rafael Guerra

LINK: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clock-stopper/id429392225

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey DTF,

Yesterday I got an app approved by AppStore. It's no huge deal, and the app is pretty simple but it involved some hard work and it was nice to have it approved. So, even though I know there are some Apple dislikers here, if anyone has some minutes free today, I would greatly appreciate if you guys could download my FREE app, Word Insanity. It's a really simple app that generates odd sentences, but some of them can be funny. You can also create your own sentences and share them via email with friends. Don't forget to rate! :)

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/word-insanity/id427561913

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:30:29 AM by Rafael Guerra »
Crossing bridges in the sky.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: For those with iTouch/iPhone (Word Insanity)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »
Downloaded! :tup

First sentence generated:

"The bacon is polarizing the landscape with the paperclip inside the flask because a magician is working in this manner."

lol. I can see this being entertaining when I'm bored in class.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 02:44:48 PM »
Downloaded! :tup

First sentence generated:

"The bacon is polarizing the landscape with the paperclip inside the flask because a magician is working in this manner."

lol. I can see this being entertaining when I'm bored in class.
Thanks!  :)
Today in Physics, that's all I did!

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: Bored in training. Ending transmissions now.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 03:14:02 PM »
Downloading now. And obviously, if I'm doing something, it's a safe bet that you all should, too.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 03:15:56 PM »
So this is how The Mars Volta write their lyrics...

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • ţađ besta sem guđ hefur skapađ er nýr dagur
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 03:16:30 PM »
What's an iTouch?

Also: there's a spelling error in one of your screenshots.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »
Grr... need to update my itouch...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 03:25:46 PM »
What's an iTouch?

Also: there's a spelling error in one of your screenshots.
Really? Where? Please tell me, I really didn't notice and neither did the Apple programmer who reviewed it, so you must have a good eye! Also, thanks to everyone downloading. Tomorrow when I check the download stats, I will confirm the powa of DTF!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 03:34:06 PM »
I think I see it. "Entrepeneur" is supposed to be spelt "entrepreneur". But yeah, it's a common mistake. I used to make it all the time, but I made myself stop because doing that isn't good in entrepreneurship class. :lol

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 03:36:28 PM »
I think I see it. "Entrepeneur" is supposed to be spelt "entrepreneur". But yeah, it's a common mistake. I used to make it all the time, but I made myself stop because doing that isn't good in entrepreneurship class. :lol
:facepalm::lol
Fair mistake for a non-native English speaker, but oh well, need to start thinking about the update with corrections. Thanks for pointing that out though!

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »
What's an iTouch?

An iPod Touch. It can do everything the iPhone can do, except make calls.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 04:54:37 PM »
What's an iTouch?

An iPod Touch. It can do everything the iPhone can do, except make calls.

So it's an iPhone wifi :tard
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 05:01:13 PM »
People really need to stop calling the iPod Touch the iTouch.  No, using this device will not help you grope females on the subway.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • ţađ besta sem guđ hefur skapađ er nýr dagur
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 05:09:25 PM »
:facepalm::lol
Fair mistake for a non-native English speaker, but oh well, need to start thinking about the update with corrections. Thanks for pointing that out though!
Well I didn't even notice that. :lol
It also says "vaccum".

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 05:11:35 PM »
People really need to stop calling the iPod Touch the iTouch.  No, using this device will not help you grope females on the subway.

When it first came out, wasn't the advertising deemed too suggestive? I think it was something like "it feels good when you use your fingers." :lol I probably butchered what the tagline actually was, but that was the general idea.

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 05:35:06 PM »
In Latin America, it has ALWAYS been advertised as iTouch. I know its from the brand of iPods, but after years associating with that name, it's pointless to start calling iPod Touch. Even because if you approach some people and ask if they have an "iPod Touch" they will reply "You mean an iTouch?"

Regarding the spelling issues, thanks for pointing them out. My "team" is literally me and another guy and I filled the whole database with hundreds of combination by myself, so I'm not surprised the mistakes are there, but I do realize they have to be fixed. So Thanks.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 11:37:01 PM »
I am going to start own and iOS app over the summer. Since it's free does it have ads? How do you make money from it?

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 08:29:17 AM »
I am going to start own and iOS app over the summer. Since it's free does it have ads? How do you make money from it?
This particular app has no adds because it's our first app and we just made it to test the coding, the acceptance etc. However, for the next one (current developing it) we added the ads. Basically, you need to subscribe to a service like AdMob and tell you want ads in your [X] app. So, there will be random ads THEY choose that can pop up at any time in your app. Every time someone clicks in the add, you get an amount like $0.03 or something like that.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 08:47:13 PM »
In Latin America, it has ALWAYS been advertised as iTouch.
Yeah, but the way Apple wanted to call it didn't work. EVERYONE here calls it an iPod Touch. Never an iTouch.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 11:04:37 PM »
This particular app has no adds because it's our first app and we just made it to test the coding, the acceptance etc. However, for the next one (current developing it) we added the ads. Basically, you need to subscribe to a service like AdMob and tell you want ads in your [X] app. So, there will be random ads THEY choose that can pop up at any time in your app. Every time someone clicks in the add, you get an amount like $0.03 or something like that.

ok cool thanks. What about iAds? I heard you can make more money with those and use adMob as a backup?

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 07:35:23 AM »

ok cool thanks. What about iAds? I heard you can make more money with those and use adMob as a backup?
iAds are also an option. AdMob worked instantly for me, the ads were added in the same day and i made $0.04 in 5 minutes (lol) whereas I heard iAds would take longer to setup because it's Apple's system. I think in terms of revenue, both would probably be around the same.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: For those with iPod Touch/iPhone (Word Insanity)
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 06:35:52 PM »
Generated this line just now:

"The architect is lifting shadows off a dream with exploding particles in the office because vampires came out of the closet."

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 06:36:27 PM »
Nice! :lol

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2011, 08:52:15 AM »
Generated this line just now:

"The architect is lifting shadows off a dream with exploding particles in the office because vampires came out of the closet."

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE
:) There are some Dream Theater references in there. But I know only you guys will catch it! I think "change of seasons", "scarred", "blind faith" and couple of other ones. I'm actually surprised to see I'm almost reaching 300 downloads considering the simplicity of the app and the fact no budget was spent on marketing.

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
Re: A fun app for you guys (Clock Stopper)
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 07:32:28 AM »