Author Topic: Chris Brown is still an angry punk  (Read 1948 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Chris Brown is still an angry punk
« on: March 24, 2011, 05:45:19 PM »
https://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20475420,00.html

Heads up, dbag: when you beat the crap out of a woman, you don't get to demand that people stop asking you about it.  Dbag.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Chris Brown is still an angry punk
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:56:29 PM »
He acted out of line, there's no doubt about that. But I understand why he got frustrated. If he was there to promote his new album, and all they were asking about was a mistake he made 2 years ago that he's been trying to move on from, I'd get mad too.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:02:13 PM »
No real excuse there.  He needs to learn self-control.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 09:12:16 PM »
He acted out of line, there's no doubt about that. But I understand why he got frustrated. If he was there to promote his new album, and all they were asking about was a mistake he made 2 years ago that he's been trying to move on from, I'd get mad too.

Yeah, getting mad is understandable, but grownups don't go backstage and break shit like a little kid having a tantrum.  But then, we already knew he had issues.  Dudes who hit women (blah blah blah hypothetical situation blah blah blah fuck that she was his girlfriend) are lowlifes, plain and simple.

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
At a glance I read "Charlie Brown is still an angry punk" and then I opened the thread and realized it was Chris Brown.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 09:26:42 PM »
Well there are dudes who hit women for a sense of power and their own lunacy and dudes that hit women because, well, it doesn't matter what gender you are, sometimes if you really cross that line you need to get laid the fuck out.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 09:29:15 PM »
I just want to clarify that I don't think it's ok to hit women, and I'm not defending Chris Brown's actions. I'm just pointing out that if the interview was supposed to be about his new album, but he kept getting asked questions about the Rihanna incident, well, that's kind of shitty. He's already apologized and spent two years answering the same questions. What, did they expect he would have different answers this time? It's just silly.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 09:29:38 PM »
 :censored

Hate that guy..

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 10:42:53 PM »
Dyslexia day for me, maybe? Read the title as "Charlie Brown is still an angry punk". Didn't understand shit.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 11:26:08 PM »

I understand the reason why he got angry, too. But is there really any 'reason' that's good enough for that kind of behavior? It seems that we allow celebrities to get away with the most childish things. I'd love to have a 'reason' to do that to my office at work and than have people just sit on the sidelines and say, "well, that was out of line, but I can understand why he did it."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 11:29:36 PM »

Had he answered the question in an intelligent and mature manner, the interviewer would have moved on, but by pitching a fit about it, it became the central topic.  That is his own fault.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 11:34:53 PM »

I understand the reason why he got angry, too. But is there really any 'reason' that's good enough for that kind of behavior? It seems that we allow celebrities to get away with the most childish things. I'd love to have a 'reason' to do that to my office at work and than have people just sit on the sidelines and say, "well, that was out of line, but I can understand why he did it."

Except people aren't getting paid to goad you. A normal person makes a mistake and usually it just becomes a slight jab every once in awhile. A celebrity does it and it becomes the death knell of their entire existence.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 11:37:34 PM »

A normal person makes a mistake and usually it just becomes a slight jab every once in awhile. A celebrity does it and it becomes the death knell of their entire existence.

That's the price they pay for fame.  Like it or not, it's the way it is. 

And beating the crap out of a woman is more than just your garden variety mistake.  It will likely follow Brown for his entire career, so he had better get used to it. 

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 02:42:45 AM »
Off-topic:

Netflix popups? Really? I give Netflix 20 bucks a month and they can't figure out how to stop plaguing my screen with their intrusive and dated advertisement methods?

Ugh.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 04:19:12 AM »
Except people aren't getting paid to goad you. A normal person makes a mistake and usually it just becomes a slight jab every once in awhile. A celebrity does it and it becomes the death knell of their entire existence.

The death-knell? Hardly. But god-forbid. All these celebrities have to do is act like decent people for the couple hours a week they spend in the public domain, and even when they're outrageously childish they still get support. People will still buy "Forgiving All My Enemies," unfortunately.

Also, hilarious interview that actually sums up Brown's attitude:
https://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh8k11mNx8wqVXe2Og

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 08:06:42 AM »

The death-knell? Hardly. But god-forbid. All these celebrities have to do is act like decent people for the couple hours a week they spend in the public domain, and even when they're outrageously childish they still get support. People will still buy "Forgiving All My Enemies," unfortunately.

Also, hilarious interview that actually sums up Brown's attitude:
https://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh8k11mNx8wqVXe2Og

Where/when was that made?  :lol

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 08:13:58 AM »
I somehow read "Chris Rock is still an angry punk"
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 09:29:09 AM »
Yeah, that's true too.

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 09:32:40 AM »
The host said he pre-approved her asking all the questions she asked. This is like a guy I went to HS with who, for whatever reason, gave permission to one kid to get in one shot on him then when the other kid punched him he said he was gonna go tell on him.