Author Topic: Well...life is rubbish.  (Read 1287 times)

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
Well...life is rubbish.
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »
I am currently unemployed still after applying for many jobs per week, and I am only making money off gigs here and there which are very few.  I was on jobseekers allowance until I got a letter through telling me they are stopping it  because I didn't apply for a job which they gave me.  I had reviewed the job and it was a very early start and late finish.  I wouldn't have been able to get to the job on time because I rely on public transport and they don't run at the times I would be needing to get to work.  I had told the job centre this and was waiting for a letter back to which they replied - We cannot pay you jobseekers allowance anymore due to -not having a sufficiently good reason for doing so- What the flying fuck!!!!!  >:( I am struggling to fucking pay to live as it is and now I'm going to have no income.  AAAAAAARGHHHH! Why is this country so utter shit.  How on earth am I supposed to live?   :(

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: Well...life is rubbish.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:08:48 AM »
Chin up..

things will get better, life is a journey...this is a mere bump in the road.
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 12:00:57 PM »
I too am unemployed after 12+ years at one company.  At the same time I lost my mom to cancer.  So the last few month have been a hurdle.  All I can say is for me,  I try to stay positive.  I don't want to go to dark places.  Ever day I wake up I'm determinded to get as many resumes out as I can.  Try your best to keep your chin up. It's all we can do.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 12:51:35 PM »
I went through the unemployed thing for a long time. Its not a good feeling. Stay positive and believe something good will happen when you least expect it.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »
Hang in there bud.  Life's a long series of ups and downs.  A couple of years from now, you will be wondering what you did to have the right to be so happy.

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 01:31:35 PM »
I'm in almost the same boat as you. The Job Centre are a bunch of unhelpful dicks, I would dispute that letter if I was you. I'd consider myself very employable and adaptable and I'm still having a hard time getting a job since June. I'm due to move in with my girlfriend in July and if I don't get a job before then I'm pretty much fucking both me and her over, and having that hanging over my head isn't making it easier.

Like everyone else has said, don't let it get to you. Letting it get to you is a downward spiral of inactivity. Make sure you do something that makes you happy or feel good regularly to balance the stress out.
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.