Author Topic: Cheap bass amps  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Summers

Cheap bass amps
« on: June 16, 2009, 11:02:50 AM »
I used to play bass in a band for a few years but after we split up I haven't looked at my bass since (been playing guitar).. I decided that I wanna start up playing again but I only have a big gigging amp that I don't really have room for in my room and it's too loud anyways.  Has anyone got any suggestions for a cheap small bedroom amp that doesn't sound too shitty?  Thanks  ;D
Getting awful crowded in my sky.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
Re: Cheap bass amps
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:17:55 AM »
I have a Fender 15... I mean its obviously not the greatest sounding thing I've ever played, but if you're just gonna be in your room its enough to get the job done. Since then, I upgraded to an Acoustic B200, but I still use my Fender when I don't feel like lugging 80 pounds around MA.  ;)

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:24:53 AM »
Crates are generally ok for practicing and whatnot, and they're very cheap. So I'd check out one of those

Offline Summers

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:49:47 AM »
Is the amp you're on about ZBomber? https://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=10617

Been looking hard and can't find any Crates for sale in the UK, bass ones anyways.  Tons of guitar ones though  :facepalm:

Thanks for the suggestions  :tup

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »
Thats the one! It's decently loud too for the price. Its about enough to play with a drummer if you crank the volume.

Offline Summers

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 12:34:26 PM »
Cool yeah it's pretty cheap.  Will have a look around but that one seems good to me at the moment  :metal