Author Topic: Short shorts!  (Read 19211 times)

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
Re: Short shorts!
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 08:20:54 PM »
I am disappointed by the lack of pictures in this thread.

Offline Kura

• (●ゝω・)ノ ♡
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 08:21:05 PM »
Why else would they bare their booty in -20C weather other than a call for male attention to look at their "assets" (lol pun)? What would YOU call someone like that? Attention-whore? Sure, I'm fine with that term too. A lot is assumed by first impressions even if they're not always right. I'm just generalizing, I wasn't being necessarily sexist.
Would you don a bathing suit for the office? I doubt it. Some things are just inappropriate.. like shortshorts in freezing-cold weather.

I agree with you that they're attention whores, although to me that's still not the same as a slut.  Sluts are loose women.  Attention whores are just as likely to be teases; they want you to look, but then they act all offended because you've reduced them to physical attributes.  Classic strategy, impossible to defeat.  But that's all just my definitions.

My issue was the apparent contradiction of you generalizing about women in a sexist way (whether you say so or not), but in the same breath complaining about the chauvinism around here.  You're also correct about that, and I'll admit I'm one of the main culprits, but it seems pretty hypocritical to complain about it immediately after demonstrating it yourself.

While this is somewhat true, I didn't resort to objectifying them to a pair of walking breasts and ass like every other man on here. Also excuse me then while I correct the term "slut" to the term "skank" as the ones here don't get offended if a guy or two looks them over.
Also being chauvinist isn't necessarily what I'm doing- I'm implying a woman's sense of personal taste in life by the way she dresses- what she does or likes and dislikes on her spare time. I may be generalizing, but I'm not being a chauvinist. All you all are doing is pointing out how much you all can't get enough of a woman's sexual parts and the fact that it seems that's the only thing worth "appreciating" or noticing (chauvinism)- since it's the only thing a guy in this thread is willing to talk about! Nice weather we're having right? Yeah.
No wonder you have such a large "Lonely Hearts Club."

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »
Anybody notices that in the word "Boob" the "B" is an aerial view, the "oo" is a frontal view and the "b" is a sideways view of boobs?

Perfect word!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2011, 08:23:45 PM »
Why else would they bare their booty in -20C weather other than a call for male attention to look at their "assets" (lol pun)? What would YOU call someone like that? Attention-whore? Sure, I'm fine with that term too. A lot is assumed by first impressions even if they're not always right. I'm just generalizing, I wasn't being necessarily sexist.
Would you don a bathing suit for the office? I doubt it. Some things are just inappropriate.. like shortshorts in freezing-cold weather.

I agree with you that they're attention whores, although to me that's still not the same as a slut.  Sluts are loose women.  Attention whores are just as likely to be teases; they want you to look, but then they act all offended because you've reduced them to physical attributes.  Classic strategy, impossible to defeat.  But that's all just my definitions.

My issue was the apparent contradiction of you generalizing about women in a sexist way (whether you say so or not), but in the same breath complaining about the chauvinism around here.  You're also correct about that, and I'll admit I'm one of the main culprits, but it seems pretty hypocritical to complain about it immediately after demonstrating it yourself.

While this is somewhat true, I didn't resort to objectifying them to a pair of walking breasts and ass like every other man on here. Also excuse me then while I correct the term "slut" to the term "skank" as the ones here don't get offended if a guy or two looks them over.
Also being chauvinist isn't necessarily what I'm doing- I'm implying a woman's sense of personal taste in life by the way she dresses. All you are all doing is pointing out how much you all can't get enough of a woman's sexual parts and the fact that it seems that's the only thing worth "appreciating" or noticing- since it's the only thing a guy in this thread is willing to talk about! Nice weather we're having right? Yeah.

Offline Kura

• (●ゝω・)ノ ♡
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 08:24:53 PM »
Heck yeah it is! And don't be bringing back those penguins! I'm ready for spring! Not the North Pole!!! :D

Hey but I'm ready to admit I wont win, there are too many penis-bearers on this forum lol!!  :rollin

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 08:25:38 PM »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2011, 08:28:59 PM »
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: Seriously though, I'm pretty awesome, and everyone wants to date me
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 08:30:24 PM »
Anybody notices that in the word "Boob" the "B" is an aerial view, the "oo" is a frontal view and the "b" is a sideways view of boobs?

Perfect word!

Whoa! Just like how 'bed' looks like a bed!
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 08:40:31 PM »
Shorts (not booty shorts) and a tank top that is slightly revealing but still very tasteful =  :omg: :heart

sun dresses are great too...

(Edit: I may or may not have typed that with my girlfriend watching... )
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2011, 10:18:24 PM »
Also being chauvinist isn't necessarily what I'm doing- I'm implying a woman's sense of personal taste in life by the way she dresses- what she does or likes and dislikes on her spare time. I may be generalizing, but I'm not being a chauvinist. All you all are doing is pointing out how much you all can't get enough of a woman's sexual parts and the fact that it seems that's the only thing worth "appreciating" or noticing (chauvinism)- since it's the only thing a guy in this thread is willing to talk about! Nice weather we're having right? Yeah.

Okay, I'm guilty of misusing the term "chauvinism".  It has, in my experience, been generally used to denote any kind of sexism toward females in a negative way.  There is a proper definition, and I don't know it.  But mostly, it's pretty stupid of me to accuse a female of chauvinism.  I did forget that you're a girl, and I apologize.

Still, I don't agree that every conversation around here ends up being about tits and ass, or that it's literally the only thing guys want to talk about.  I think you're sensitive to it and may perceive it as more prevalent than it really is.  True, it's probably the top subject, after music anyway, but look where you are: on a message board devoted to a progmetal band.  The male:female ratio is ridiculous, and the geek factor is way up there as well.

I know, that's not likely to change, either, at least not as long as the guys continue to scare the girls off.  I do sometimes forget that we're in "mixed company" and, as I'm sure you've noticed, guys do tend to converse a bit differently when it's just the guys, or if they don't think any females are listening.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2011, 10:20:51 PM »
SO SOME NICE WEATHER WE'RE HAVING HUH GUYS?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2011, 10:23:47 PM »
I would like to take this opportunity to say: boobs.

Oh, that's why I wanted to click on this thread. Instincts never fail.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2011, 10:44:19 PM »

Online Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2011, 10:58:59 PM »
You sir, win 5 internets.  :clap:

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2011, 10:59:56 PM »

Perfect word!

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2011, 11:07:29 PM »
 :facepalm: :facepalm:
YEAH GUYZZ AR DICKS THEY ONLY THINK ABOUT TITS AMIRITE!!1!!!!11

Iloveboobs
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2011, 11:12:03 PM »
If you're always so quick to judge DTF, why do you still post here?
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2011, 11:13:57 PM »
If you're always so quick to judge DTF, why do you still post here?
This too.
 I love how in an argument girls always have to pull the single/virgin/lonely/whatever card.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2011, 11:16:13 PM »
so how 'bout a pic, lady?

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2011, 11:17:56 PM »
I'm sort of with Kura. Not a huge fan of this forums near-obsession with boobs/ass etc tbh  :-\.  I understand it's almost never used seriously and normally just as playful words...but guys, really now. We know that being genetically male you have a natural predisposition to the female body, but honestly how often need it be discussed/repeated on a music forum? A joke every now and then is fine, but honestly what I see looks more like an obsession, almost mentioned in every thread. It's not hard to imagine why someone like Kura could perceive something a bit disconcerting about it.
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2011, 11:20:17 PM »
I'm sort of with Kura. Not a huge fan of this forums near-obsession with boobs/ass etc tbh  :-\.  I understand it's almost never used seriously and normally just as playful words...but guys, really now. We know that being genetically male you have a natural predisposition to the female body, but honestly how often need it be discussed/repeated on a music forum? A joke every now and then is fine, but honestly what I see looks more like an obsession, almost mentioned in every thread. It's not hard to imagine why someone like Kura could perceive something a bit disconcerting about it.
Was in the midst of posting something very similar, but I'll just go with what you said. :-\

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2011, 11:22:11 PM »
I don't make many "boobs, ass, etc." posts here but I think that mostly all of them are done entirely in humor and are not to be taken seriously.  

And I've rarely seen them taken to a point of creepiness necessary of making a big deal over.  

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2011, 11:23:16 PM »
What?

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2011, 11:24:05 PM »
Are we on the same forum? seriously I don't see that much of disscussion about boobs certainly not in every thread. Besides, it's a joke like, 99% of the time.

Boobs.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2011, 11:26:24 PM »
I don't make many "boobs, ass, etc." posts here but I think that mostly all of them are done entirely in humor and are not to be taken seriously.  

And I've rarely seen them taken to a point of creepiness necessary of making a big deal over.  
True, I wouldn't have as much of a problem though if the recent ones didn't seem kinda asshole-ish.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2011, 11:28:34 PM »

....You must be half asleep when you're browsing, then.

I don't have a problem with these comments, because, well, I'm a guy. But if you take a moment to see it from Kura's perspective, I can absolutely see how it would be a bit frustrating and offensive.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2011, 11:30:17 PM »
oh, I know what. But to someone that might not be familiar with this forums sense of humor, it's easy to imagine why it would appear pretty childish or misogynistic. I don't really understand the sense of titillation some get when posting the words...but each to their own I guess. It's pretty common on the Internet anyway. But given this is a relatively mature and special interest forum, we could possibly do with some scaling back of stuff like that.

Hmm, when I remember one of Kura's first posts in the 'post your pic thread' where the next two pages or so were quite creepy.  :-\ nothing that was a BIG deal, but it was pretty awkward to read, even if it's not about you.
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2011, 11:32:41 PM »
I will echo the sentiment that when a girl posts a picture, it is pretty uncomfortable when a barrage of creepy comments will soon follow, but other than that.... honestly, I don't think this forum is that bad with the boobs stuff. It's nothing compared to how most men talk IRL, especially since this forum is kind of PG-13.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2011, 11:35:19 PM »
I didn't resort to objectifying them to a pair of walking breasts and ass like every other man on here.

lol calling out stereotype followed by stereotype in 20 words.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2011, 11:38:19 PM »
I will echo the sentiment that when a girl posts a picture, it is pretty uncomfortable when a barrage of creepy comments will soon follow.

same.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2011, 11:42:08 PM »
LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE MELONZ

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2011, 11:42:58 PM »
MAN THE THINGS I'D PUT BETWEEN THOSE CANZ
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2011, 11:44:49 PM »
*SQUEEZZEEE*

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: Creeeeeeeeeeeepy...
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2011, 12:31:02 AM »
I'D LET THAT OUT OF MY RAPE DUNGEON ON ALTERNATE FRIDAYS!!!
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2011, 01:15:23 AM »
Hey but I'm ready to admit I wont win, there are too many penis-bearers on this forum lol!!  :rollin

It's not about winning here really, and this forum does need a woman's touch (in the most platonic sense of course) in many cases. Complaining about men objectifying women to a pair of walking breasts and ass and then using sentiments that reduce men to lesser beings isn't exactly conducive to your agenda. I'm willing to bet that the good number of those awful, awful, penis-bearing lonely hearts have at least some rudimentary understanding that there is a real person attached to the whatevers and unmentionables.