Poll

Answer the dang question, heathen.

Internet Explorer
Firefox
Chrome
Opera
Other

Author Topic: Favorite Web Browser? V. Jamesman just fell in love with Chrome, sorry Firefox  (Read 12613 times)

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
So yeah....really loving the Chromeness my computer is using. Very nice, lightweight...for some reason Firefox was starting to get slow and buggy on me.

IE is alright nowadays but still feels very...bland and slow. Opera was cool back when I used it for a few months a few years ago.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
I just use firefox :p

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
I've been a Firefox user since around 2003 (when it was called Firebird) and that's been my web browser of choice. At work I use IE 6-8, and it does the job well too. I've tried both Chrome and Opera, but that was a long time ago so I can't really say how they are today. I've upgraded to Firefox 4 at home now and I think it runs great, I'm very pleased with it so far. I haven't tried IE9 yet but I hear it is great too.

Short answer: Firefox
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline robwebster

Opera's the best built, but I've fallen into just using Safari for the sake of speed, simplicity, and compatibility. Minimalist.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
Firefox since late 2005 or early 2006.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
Opera

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
Internet Explorer 9.

:neverusethis:

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
I used FF for years and loved it. I tried chrome years ago when the beta came out, and there were too many bugs. I stopped using it within 3 days. I tried Chrome again about 9 months ago and haven't used FF since.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Chrome for a year and half now.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline lodeus

Firefox, but I have been trying out Chrome for the past couple days.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
Firefox never lets me down.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
I just use IE since I dont really care that much about browsers.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Switched from FireFox to Chrome in 2009 when FF starting feeling heavy, slow and buggy.

Haven't switched since.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline In The Name Of Rudess

Firefox. Chrome is pretty good too, but I can't live without Firefox's addons.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
I switched from IE 5 (yes, I'm serious) to Chrome 2 months ago and I'm very happy with it. I tried to switch to Firefox before but I din't like it, I had to install plug-ins for everything  :\

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
My grampa switched from IE8 to Chrome two days ago. I remember whenever I used Firefox (on a few different computers), it crashed frequently. Chrome is definitely my favourite.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Chrome

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
Used Firefox for years, but switched to Chrome some time ago and my life's been all the better for it. Chrome's proven to be faster, though I do miss some of Firefox's addons.
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Opera's the best built, but I've fallen into just using Safari for the sake of speed, simplicity, and compatibility. Minimalist.
I just read where Safari was the browser that got hacked the easiest at some contest last week, in literally less than 10 seconds.

I use Chrome.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
Firefox for me.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
Chrome.  Very minimalist approach, and its pretty fast too.  Haven't tried Opera, though I've heard great things.

Offline Space Invader

• The Canadian Doctor Who Fanatic
  • DTF.org Member
  • Also recently addicted to Survivor
Chrome for me.
Everything can, should and will be progressive.

"The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain" - Montaigne.

I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street over maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez - Eleventh Doctor

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Opera. Chrome runs great as well, I just like some of Opera's features more.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline j

Switched from FireFox to Chrome in 2009 when FF starting feeling heavy, slow and buggy.

Haven't switched since.

-J

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
Firefox

I tried out Opera and didn't really care for it.  I'd like to try Chrome sometime.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
I use Firefox but don't care too much as long as it's not Chrome. I would use IE before I used Chrome...
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline robwebster

I just read where Safari was the browser that got hacked the easiest at some contest last week, in literally less than 10 seconds.

I use Chrome.
That is a little distressing. On the other hand, not sure why anyone would want to hack me.

Well. I get why they'd want to, but I'm pretty conservative with my internet usage. I don't trudge around many dodgy sites, and if I see even just a pop-up or a dodgy ad I generally shut the browser just out of habit. Used to even when I was on Opera. Do admit that it might be naive of me, or that I may be tempting fate.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
Chrome. I remember when Firefox used to be the big thing. I tried it and hated it. I found Internet Explorer to be better than Firefox

But Chrome rules supreme.

lolsafari

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
So I'm to understand Chrome has gotten a lot better since I initially tried it and ditched it after a few days?

I've always been loyal to Firefox, but maybe I'll give it another shot.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline mizzl

• DTF.org Member
  • I have officialy been ravenhearted. Thanks Zydar!
Chrome loyalist here.

Idk, Chrome is just so lightweight and I love the address bar/google search function and tabbing

Offline Iarwain

Firefox.

I tried Opera for a couple of weeks but didn't like it. Chrome is good and I like it, just not enough to start using it as my main browser.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
So I'm to understand Chrome has gotten a lot better since I initially tried it and ditched it after a few days?

I've always been loyal to Firefox, but maybe I'll give it another shot.

Yes, I was the same exact way. Then yesterday Firefox felt so...different from what it used to be, I decided to try Chrome and it is such a difference.
Idk, Chrome is just so lightweight and I love the address bar/google search function and tabbing

I have just discovered this and I love it. Really minimizes all the stuff everywhere, search bars and all that.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Chrome rules my life.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
I USE ALL OF THEM
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Bombardana

• DTF.org Member
Firefox, duh.