Author Topic: Converting WMA to MP3  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Kornflake

Converting WMA to MP3
« on: March 16, 2011, 02:38:58 PM »
I have a huge music collection on my computer all under one folder.  About 1/3 of it is in WMA and the other 2/3 is MP3.  Is there a way to have my Windows Media Player, or some other program (preferably free) convert the WMA to MP3 for me without having to manually sort through to find all the WMA ones, convert them, then delete the old WMA once the MP3 is made?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Converting WMA to MP3
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 02:42:41 PM »
CDex will convert WMA to MP3.  I believe it supports drag and drop.  Therefore, just search your music folder for *.wma, drag all the results into the CDex pane, select them all and convert.  I don't know where it will deposit them, though.  You might have to move them from a newly created folder back to where you want them, but it might copy them into their existing location.  Regardless, it sounds like that's going to be your best option.  And it is free.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Kornflake

Re: Converting WMA to MP3
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 03:28:05 PM »
Cool. Thanks a lot for the help. I'll check that program out as soon as I get home from work.