Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
Samsung Galaxy
« on: March 13, 2011, 06:34:51 AM »
Can anyone fill me in on what this is? I'm looking at the iPad now, but the Samsung Galaxy seems to be pretty nifty. Can anyone give me an honest comparison about what's good and bad about both? I usually would look online, but most sites tend to be biased.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Samsung Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 06:46:33 AM »
I'm assuming you're talking about the Galaxy Tab not the phone. I've played around with it for a little bit when I was at the store but it feels like my phone (Galaxy S) just an oversized version of it. It's just another competitor for the tablet market running Android OS.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 08:13:24 AM »
If you're wanting an Android tablet, either wait for the new Samsung tablet coming out or get a Xoom. There's no point in getting an Android tablet with anything less than Honeycomb (Android 3.0) on it right now.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 08:37:26 AM »
Yea get the Xoom. Samsung is terrible with upgrades and I can almost guarantee it won't get honeycomb until the 22nd century. Also I don't really like the layout, htc probably has the best layout imo with sense.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 09:47:42 AM »
Yea get the Xoom. Samsung is terrible with upgrades and I can almost guarantee it won't get honeycomb until the 22nd century. Also I don't really like the layout, htc probably has the best layout imo with sense.

It may have taken them some time for Froyo, but I'm hopeful that honeycomb will come soon for the GS.