Author Topic: People Who Leave Shopping Carts Behind Cars In The Parking Lot Depreciation  (Read 12179 times)

Offline adameastment

What you should do, is move all the carts and park where they put the carts. That'll piss them off.

Offline Elsydeon

Our assistant manager would actually park underneath our store  near the entrance during snow blizzards so he wouldn't have to brush his car off. He called it his personal garage.... thank god he transferred. He was a dick

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
Combine this with the people that block the lane for 3 minutes waiting for somebody to pull out so they can park close and you've got one helluva annoying situation.  And the people who spend all day looking for a close parking spot are usually the people who need to fucking walk in the first place.  I usually park in the outfield by choice.  Walking is good.  Waiting sucks.

I think like this as well. Would it kill people to walk an extra, oh I dunno, 100 feet at most?

Anyway, I hate car culture!

Edit:

Sorry, I just realized this thread was a couple days old and dying. Sometimes I just end up going through the older pages to find something interesting and don't even realize it.  :lol

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
Yeah I tend to park pretty far also. Pisses off everyone I'm in the car with, though.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Since I posted this thread I've noticed a lack of shopping cart asshole-ishness. It seems complaining on an unknown internet forum actually did something productive! On the other hand, I'll probably have a cart behind my car tomorrow...

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
WHO YOU CALLING UNKNOWN

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
CURSE ME UNKNOOOOOOWWWWWWWN!!!! INTO THE FIRE!!!!

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
If we have spoken of the unknown has it not become known. It is possible that we never spoke of it, though me typing it out would contradict this.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
If Jason Voorhees poops in the woods and there is no one around, does it make a sound?

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
If Jason Voorhees poops in the woods and there is no one around, does it make a sound?
That doesnt make since because jason voorhees being there would imply that there is something around. Unless he fires shits out of a tube cannon shoved up his ass at the dark brooding forest.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
I think that's a great idea.  It encourages people to return the carts, and provides an incentive for others to return them if the "buyer" does not. Hell, in most neighborhoods here, bums would corral the carts for the store so they wouldn't have to pay employees to.  I think there are plenty of douchebags that would leave there's out just to show to everybody that they can throw away 50¢, but they'd never give that 50¢ to a bum. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Since I posted this thread I've noticed a lack of shopping cart asshole-ishness. It seems complaining on an unknown internet forum actually did something productive! On the other hand, I'll probably have a cart behind my car tomorrow...

Yeah, I stopped by the store yesterday after work.  Same shit, different day.  Carts all over the place.  Sometimes two or three in one empty parking spot.  They can't be bothered with wasting their precious time putting carts back where they belong.  Which reminds of something else I see on a regular basis and just happened to see it again this morning on the way to work.  People cutting through parking lots because their time is so incredibly precious, they can't be bothered to wait 30 or 40 seconds at a traffic light.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
We pulled into the parking lot of Office Max, my wife, kids and I, because my wife's duties as office manager included keeping office supplies stocked.  So we were going to need a cart.  The lot is on a slight incline, and there's this one shopping cart a good 30 or 40 feet away rolling slowly towards the store.  Yeah, some idiot had left it, and it was now that most dangerous of parking lot hazards, the runaway cart.

I observe the vector of the rolling cart, choose a spot, park the car, and we all pile out.  We've done this before, and my kids ask "Are we going to need a cart?" to which I answer "No, I'll just use The Force."  Confused looks from wife and kids.  I stand next to the car and dramatically raise my arms in front of me.  "Come here!" I say.  My kids look and see the cart rolling towards me.

The cart has been rolling in a beautiful straight line (thank God) and rolls right up to me, and I grab it.  I didn't even have to move.  Damn, I'm good! I think to myself.  I whip the cart around, grab it by the handlebar, and say "Let's go!" as I head towards the entrance.  My kids are running behind me going "Wow, that was cool!" and "How did you do that?" and my wife just shakes her head, but she's grinning too.

Anyway, so yeah, people who leave shopping carts out suck, but that's a true story, and the one time I didn't think it was too awful that someone had left their cart out.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
 :lol  good one Orbert.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
I think that's a great idea.  It encourages people to return the carts, and provides an incentive for others to return them if the "buyer" does not. Hell, in most neighborhoods here, bums would corral the carts for the store so they wouldn't have to pay employees to.  I think there are plenty of douchebags that would leave there's out just to show to everybody that they can throw away 50¢, but they'd never give that 50¢ to a bum. 

When I was a kid my friends and I would hang out near the grocery store and ask people to return their carts for them in exchange for the quarter. Truly a genius money-making scheme.

...my name is Araragi.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Some airports have luggage carts you can "rent" by putting money into a machine, which releases one, then if/when you return your cart, you get your money back.  It's just a dollar or whatever, but most people will return their cart to get that dollar back, and stray ones will get returned by someone else to get that dollar.  The result is no stray carts anywhere, even though lots of people use them.

It seems logical to try that at stores with shopping carts, but for some reason it also seems like it wouldn't catch on.  People would just shop somewhere else and avoid the hassle.  At the airport, you pretty much don't have a choice.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
When I was leaving work this morning (The blue car is mine, yes, I know it needs to be washed):

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
This is the best thread ever  :lol

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
We pulled into the parking lot of Office Max, my wife, kids and I, because my wife's duties as office manager included keeping office supplies stocked.  So we were going to need a cart.  The lot is on a slight incline, and there's this one shopping cart a good 30 or 40 feet away rolling slowly towards the store.  Yeah, some idiot had left it, and it was now that most dangerous of parking lot hazards, the runaway cart.

I observe the vector of the rolling cart, choose a spot, park the car, and we all pile out.  We've done this before, and my kids ask "Are we going to need a cart?" to which I answer "No, I'll just use The Force."  Confused looks from wife and kids.  I stand next to the car and dramatically raise my arms in front of me.  "Come here!" I say.  My kids look and see the cart rolling towards me.

The cart has been rolling in a beautiful straight line (thank God) and rolls right up to me, and I grab it.  I didn't even have to move.  Damn, I'm good! I think to myself.  I whip the cart around, grab it by the handlebar, and say "Let's go!" as I head towards the entrance.  My kids are running behind me going "Wow, that was cool!" and "How did you do that?" and my wife just shakes her head, but she's grinning too.

Anyway, so yeah, people who leave shopping carts out suck, but that's a true story, and the one time I didn't think it was too awful that someone had left their cart out.

You are seriously awesome, you know that?  :rollin

Offline CountVoorhees

• DTF.org Member

You must be the coolest dad ever.

Offline Demi Zenith

• DT.net Member
  • Somewhere far beyond your reality
Following on from people who sit there for five minutes waiting to take the car park of someone who's close rather than drive 20 metres further down, why is it that no one ever wants to park on the roof? It can be a clear and fine day but everyone is content of driving in circles in the first two or three floors than drive onto the roof where there are a million car parks... some even right next to the door!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Following on from people who sit there for five minutes waiting to take the car park of someone who's close rather than drive 20 metres further down, why is it that no one ever wants to park on the roof? It can be a clear and fine day but everyone is content of driving in circles in the first two or three floors than drive onto the roof where there are a million car parks... some even right next to the door!

I don't know where you come from, but down here, cars don't fly.

:neverusethis:

Offline Elsydeon

When I was leaving work this morning (The blue car is mine, yes, I know it needs to be washed):

I do believe those are big y carts are they not?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
No, Fry's. Not sure if Kroger owns them or not, but Big Y doesn't ring a bell.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake

You are seriously awesome, you know that?  :rollin

Thanks!  :coolio

You must be the coolest dad ever.

I am always looking for stuff like that to do in front of my kids.  My dad is the most amazing guy I've ever met.  I will never be as legitimately awesome as that man is, but I can "cheat" and do things which impress my kids for now.  I'll take it.  This one just fell right into my lap; all I had to do was think quickly enough to take advantage of the situation.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
Seeing how I began working at Target about a week ago, I can safely say I HATE people who both leave their carts in the parking lots and those fuckers who leave them throughout the god damn store like children not wanting to pick up their toys after playing with them.

HATE.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
Seeing how I began working at Target about a week ago, I can safely say I HATE people who both leave their carts in the parking lots and those fuckers who leave them throughout the god damn store like children not wanting to pick up their toys after playing with them.

HATE.
Don't worry, your rage will fade in time if you keep working in retail. It will slowly morph into an apathy of sorts, rooted in an unhealthy level of cynicism.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR

HATE.
Don't worry, your rage will fade in time if you keep working in retail. It will slowly morph into an apathy of sorts, rooted in an unhealthy level of cynicism.
More cynicism and apathy than I already have towards all things?
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni

HATE.
More cynicism and apathy than I already have towards all things?
Yes. It is the curse of retail.