Author Topic: Official DTF Seinfeld Appreciation Thread V. It's a Thread About Nothing!  (Read 32813 times)

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
I think I've watched every Seinfeld episode at least 10 times, some many more then that.  Its the show that I can watch the same episode many times, sometimes twice on the same day.  I don't think I'm alone on that.

Yep Im in the same boat.
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline bjackson87

I want to post a hillarious Seinfeld quote, but theres so many, I'd be racking my brain all day trying to think of one :lol

Huge fan of 'The Sein' here, own all the DVD boxsets and they're always in continuous play. The behind the scenes extras and extra stand-up bits are great. Currently re-watching Season 6. The Fussili Jerry, an absolute classic. I wish the K man was my neighbour, possibly the best sitcom character ever!

Also wanted to go see Jerry at the o2 back in June, couldn't get the time off work though :-[ maybe next time!

Offline jimbosile

What, do you do a lot of that did you ever notice stuff? It strikes me, a lot of people seem to be doing that these days.

Offline bjackson87

What, do you do a lot of that did you ever notice stuff? It strikes me, a lot of people seem to be doing that these days.

Watched that episode last night :lol

"You really went bald, there"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I can still watch this and die laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkIwgAFAhzg

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
Super bump for a perfect TV show.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
This is still simply the greatest tv show of all time, and nothing will ever defeat it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline theseoafs

You mean the panties your mother laid out for you?

Offline Ryzee

Oh, Witch-AY Woman!

Offline theseoafs

Is that a Titleist?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
This is still simply the greatest tv show of all time, and nothing will ever defeat it.

Love it and will never get tired of it.  I've watched every episode, I figure, at least 15 times each.  Some more then that.  I have that box set that was released a few years ago.  If you are a fan, you must get this.  The bonus material is awesome.  When I turn on the tv, I'm pretty much scanning to see if Seinfeld is on.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
RISK night with my friends is always entertaining. "A sitting duck! A road apple!"

We have a diner we call Monk's in town. They know we call it monks. And we always sit at the same table. If someone sits at our table, we will sit somewhere else, and move there when they leave.

He is a loathsome, offensive brute. Yet, I cannot look away.

Offline senecadawg2

I LOVE Curb Your Enthusiasm. Fans of Seinfeld should agree.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
I LOVE Curb Your Enthusiasm. Fans of Seinfeld should agree.

Five inch bunch right there.

Offline senecadawg2

I'm not entirely sure I understand. Urban dictionary suggests it has something to do with the illusion given that someone has a boner when in reality they do not. Are you referencing the first episode of Curb, the 'Pants Tent'? Or are you suggesting that Larry David is giving me the illusion of arousal?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
It's a *junior* mint.
They're delicious!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline contest_sanity

VILE WEED!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I can still watch this and die laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkIwgAFAhzg

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Michael Richards was the reason I started watching Seinfeld to begin with. I'd seen him as Stanley Spadowski in the Weird AL film UHF ( which is brilliant ).

Kinda bummed what happened to him at the comedy club - but he admitted it was a mistake, he apologised to everyone repeatedly and can poke fun at it now.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Love it and will never get tired of it.  I've watched every episode, I figure, at least 15 times each.  Some more then that.  I have that box set that was released a few years ago.  If you are a fan, you must get this.  The bonus material is awesome.  When I turn on the tv, I'm pretty much scanning to see if Seinfeld is on.

Yeah man, the boxset is killer, got it as soon as it came out, great bonuses.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline senecadawg2

Definitely one of the best comedy series ever. Hard to compare to the greats of other genres though (Drama--> The Wire)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I have 4 series of Seinfeld on DVD and I keep meaning to get not only the complete set but also Curb.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I have 4 series of Seinfeld on DVD and I keep meaning to get not only the complete set but also Curb.

I've got all 9 season but need to finish the last disk on the 8th season and all of the 9th.  I also have the first 6 seasons of Curb.  Just gold on HBO.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline theseoafs

Just gold on HBO.
That's Gold, Jerry! Gold!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Why do they call it Ovaltine?! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
They should call it....ROUNDtine  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
BOSCO!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline senecadawg2

I've got all 9 season but need to finish the last disk on the 8th season and all of the 9th.  I also have the first 6 seasons of Curb.  Just gold on HBO.

+1, both are essential

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Official DTF Seinfeld Appreciation Thread V. It's a Thread About Nothing!
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2013, 10:42:12 AM »
"Well, let me tell you something, funny boy. Y'know that little stamp, the one that says "New York Public Library"? Well, that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole hell of a lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before: Flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. What's this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Well, let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me. Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world, but what about that kid, sitting down, opening a book, right now, in a branch at the local library and finding drawings of pee-pees and wee-wees on the Cat in the Hat and the Five Chinese Brothers? Doesn't HE deserve better? Look. If you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped! Or: maybe that turns you on, Seinfeld; maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over. Y'got seven days, Seinfeld. That is one week!"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2013, 11:24:03 AM »
The best part was that his name was bookman.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2013, 11:44:42 AM »
One of my favorite moments/episodes.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2013, 12:09:43 PM »
The best part was that his name was bookman.

And the fact that Jerry Seinfeld was literally trying not to laugh during the entire rant, often times not doing a very good job of it. :lol  In fact, I think the "Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to" line was ad-libbed by Philip Baker Hall when he saw Seinfeld chuckling a little bit.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2013, 12:18:31 PM »
I am aware.

Nice reference; somewhat obscure.  One of my other favorite lines of the whole series comes from that same episode.  Jerry's having supper on a date with the dermatologist:

"Do you know what's it's like to save someone's life, Jerry?"

"Is it anything like hitting a homer in softball?  Because I hit a whopper last week!!!"...

"Doctor... I call you Pimple-popper MD"

"Why would I, a Juilliard trained Dermatologist, refer this man to another doctor?"
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2013, 12:45:54 PM »
I've just been in the process of watching the series from begining to end.  Complete with every deleted scene, blooper, bonus feature, commentary, interview and any other extra in the dvd set.  I'm just finishing the 7th season.  Even though Ive already seen every episode at least 15 times, still awesome.

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2013, 01:01:37 PM »
I caught the pilot episode last week.  The acting was very awkward, and many details wound up being changed in the full production (eg. Kramer was actually called Kessler, apparently, though I didnt see the full episode).  It's hard to imagine the show really catching on after that pilot.

Kinda bummed what happened to him at the comedy club - but he admitted it was a mistake, he apologised to everyone repeatedly and can poke fun at it now.
This was parodied in the final episode of the season of Curb Your Enthusiasm where they produce a reunion episode.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2013, 01:04:36 PM »
Kramer: Hey Jerry, I'm starting a Peterman Reality Bus tour! Check it out!

George: Reality tour?

Jerry: The last thing this guy's qualified to give a tour of is reality.