Author Topic: Charlie Sheen: I'm Sick of Sitting Around and Pretending my Life Isn't Perfect.  (Read 32827 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Pooper scooper
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2011, 10:59:25 AM »
''Haha did you see that episode where Charlie was beating those baby seals to death? That was hilarious!'' *breaking news: Charlie Sheen was arrested today for beating a bunch of baby seals to death.* .... ''that monster! How could he do such a thing? What a horrible person!''

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Christ, forget I said anything.  I think it's quite clear what I was saying, but I forget, people will make any attempt to argue a point and discredit anything that makes even the remotest amount of sense.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
Christ, forget I said anything.  I think it's quite clear what I was saying, but I forget, people will make any attempt to argue a point and discredit anything that makes even the remotest amount of sense.

I wasn't arguing against you, I was just saying that no one should be looking up to Charlie Sheen in the first place.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
The point is why is it okay to glamorize that sort of lifestyle in a TV character when we wouldn't condone it in real life?

Why is Cartman on all of these South Park t-shirts when he idolizes Hitler and made a kid eat his parents in a bowl of chili?  Sane people know the difference between reality and fiction, and if they enjoy Charlie and Cartman's antics on the screen then people will write for them.  Its fine in fiction till it gets into real life.  

Cartman's a terrible example of what you're trying to say.  The show makes no attempt to glamorize what Cartman does.  In the commentaries Parker and Stone openly refer to him as a retard and a shithead.  Cartman's funny and enjoyable to watch, but it's not an attempt to associate what makes him entertaining, relatable, and at times sympathetic as a character with the terrible things he does.

Maybe not.  I haven't watched Two and a Half Men in a very long time but I never really felt sympathetic to Charlie's character the few times I saw it.  I was thinking of another hugely over-the-top character to make a comparison to, but I feel my comment about sane people knowing the difference between reality and fiction still stands.  Also, that point Kev made about the real Charlie's violence towards his wife and cocaine usage is kind of valid as well.  I don't think we'd really be having a discussion about Charlie Sheen now if all he did was consensually bang random girls when he wanted to.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Plus, being entertained by a character on a television show is not real life.  Look at a character like Tony Soprano.  By and large, he was a very likable character (although a lot less so near the end of the series) despite being a mafia boss.  Would the average person be a fan of a mafia boss in real life?  Of course not.  It is just different.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
An interesting article suggesting that Charlie Sheen's latest outbursts may be manic episodes by someone suffering from bi-polar disorder:

https://todmaffin.com/mania

These are actual, verbatim quotes from Charlie Sheen on Monday night’s Piers Morgan Tonight (CNN).

* “Can’t we just be in a pink cloud all our lives, and just be be super bitchin’ and be focused like cross-rays into the universe?”
    * “I feel more alive. I feel more focused. I feel more energetic. My workouts are really intense.”
    * “I’m on a quest to claim absolute victory across the board on every front…”
    * “I have a 10,000-year-old brain.”
    * “I’ve been riding on a mercury surfboard…”
    * “I’m on a mission. It’s an operation, actually…”
    * “I’m at the dead epicentre of every single moment…”
    * “I’m on a rocketship to the moon…”
    * “I heal really fast…”
    * [Did you get out of control?] “Well yeah! I don’t have another gear!”
    * “We live in an evil world.”
    * “I’m fighting a war. There’s no room for sensitivity.”
    * “Every great movement begins with one man, and that’s me.”

If you know someone who lives with bi-polar disorder and you hear phrases like the ones above (grandiose, paranoid, “Suddenly everything is clear” statements, or other out-of-touch phrases), they are in trouble. Find a way to get them to medical attention immediately. It’s not a joke. And it’s nothing to make fun of.

UPDATE: A couple of additional quotes — these aren’t harmless, everyday “metaphors,” as some have claimed. These are pathological statements:

* “You borrow my brain for five seconds and just be, like, Dude, can’t handle it, unplug this bastard because, yeah, it fires in a way that is maybe not from this particular terrestrial realm.”— Charlie Sheen on ABC
    * “I am on a drug. It’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.”— Charlie Sheen on ABC
    * “Newsflash, I am special and I will never be one of you.“— Charlie Sheen on the Infowars radio show

NOTE: ABC Television gave Charlie Sheen a urine test for drugs, including cocaine and amphetamines — he came up clean for at least the last week. This isn’t drug-induced, at least not short-term use.

“Most individuals with bipolar disorder do not perceive their manic episodes as needing treatment, and they resist entering treatment. In fact, most people report feeling very good during the beginning of a manic episode, and don’t want it to stop. This is a serious judgment problem. As the manic episode progresses, concentration becomes difficult, thinking becomes more grandiose, and problems develop.” — PsychologyInfo.com

Features of a Manic Episode

* Extreme irritability & distractibility
    * Excessive “high” or euphoric feelings
    * Sustained periods of unusual, even bizarre, behavior with significant risk-taking
    * Increased energy, activity, rapid talking & thinking, agitation
    * Decreased sleep
    * Unrealistic belief in one’s own abilities
    * Poor judgment
    * Increased sex drive
    * Substance abuse
    * Provocative or obnoxious behavior
    * Denial of problem

If you wouldn’t make fun of someone with cancer, you shouldn’t be poking fun at Charlie Sheen.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
""The run I was on made Sinatra, Flynn, Jagger, Richards look like droopy-eyed harmless children."

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Notice how he left Mustaine off that list.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
Today I saw a video of someone going through a manic episode in Abnormal Psychology. The stuff she was doing was very similar to what Sheen is currently doing.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
Notice how he left Mustaine off that list.

He isn't nearly as well-known though.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline RuRoRul

I have to say I sometimes watched Two and A Half Men when it was on during the day here, I never really minded it. I didn't really know anything about Charlie Sheen in real life though, and for the whole "How come you liked it on Two And A Half Men but not in real life?":

Two and a Half Men is a lot more toned down. He drinks a lot and brings home a different woman every night, but on TV loads of people bring home more women in a year than most people do in their lives in real life, just because its TV. So Charlie in comparison to them is not much worse, so in TV terms that's him being not much worse than the average womaniser (or even average single American guy, according to sitcoms). Also, Charlie on Two and a Half men isn't shown doing cocaine most of the time, and his arrogance and enjoyment of his lifestyle is portrayed rather comically.

Then there's the whole "liking a character on a TV show isn't the same as supporting them in real life". Tony Soprano and Cartman are good examples of this. Enjoying something on TV doesn't mean you have to like the people doing that in real life.

Also, for me (I don't know about anyone else) I always took Two and a Half Men to be a send up of that type of person - I didn't necessarily assume the actor agreed with what the character was saying any more than I assume James Gandolfini agrees with Tony Soprano.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Sheen is on twitter now as of last night (and already has over 600,000 followers!!):

https://twitter.com/charliesheen#

:lol :lol :lol @ some of those tweets

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Kev.  you know I had to follow Charlie!  :lol

Also. Jimmy Kimmel struck gold on Charlie as Charlie.  Check it out.  I'll post this in the funny section too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhgWRTr3oIg&feature=player_embedded
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Sheen is on twitter now as of last night (and already has over 600,000 followers!!):

https://twitter.com/charliesheen#

:lol :lol :lol @ some of those tweets

The best part?  Tweet #3 has this pic:

https://twitpic.com/4575pd

HE'S WEARING AN INDIANS CAP!!!  :rollin

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Cops took his children away from him at the request of his ex-wife. He said to his ex-wife that that is bad parenting on her part.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
WINNING

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Also, the new Charlie Sheen soundboard (kinda):

https://www.dc101.com/pages/charlie_soundboard/player/

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
Charlie Sheen always wins.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
The Ma-Sheen!
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
"Born Small... Now Huge... Winning... Bring it..! "

#teamsheen

Oh, God.  :lol
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
Mine: 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:12:21 PM by icysk8r »
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
I'm following.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
"Born Small... Now Huge... Winning... Bring it..! "

#teamsheen

Dang...if being born to a famous father is "born small", what does that make the rest of us?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
People have way too much time on their hands and I am happy because of it.

https://sheenfamilycircus.blogspot.com/
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Fucking genius.  :lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
haha :lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
Charlie Sheen always wins.

Well he is bi-winning after all.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
If I could pick two guys to go out on the town with, it would be Bill Clinton and Charlie Sheen.  What a drug-induced pussy-circus that would be.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
There is nothing funnier then following Charlie's tweets.

"Only thing that beats breakfast in bed, is breakfast & head." :rollin

This man won't stop!!

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
Coming at you live 7:00p pacific time. #BeThere! #Sheen's-Korner https://www.ustream.tv/channel/sheen-s-korner

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Sheen's Korner is live!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
 :lol

What the hell is this even about? 

There are some classic Sheen quotes already, I wish I could remember them all! 

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
:lol

What the hell is this even about?   
WINNING!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
The guy is fucking nuts.  I love him. 

He's drinking out of a sippy cup. 

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
He's drinking out of a sippy cup. 
:lol but I don't think he wants to say good-bye boobies.