Author Topic: Alcest  (Read 21355 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: Alcest
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2016, 07:53:36 PM »
Awesome!! Maybe a bit long, agreed, but still a very nice song that reminds me so much of ecailles de lune
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2016, 11:38:59 AM »
New song available on Spotify now Osieaux de proie. This one also seems more like the old Alcest.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline adace

« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2016, 09:38:38 AM »
Je Suis d'Ailleurs is streaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xLr4v1Lv1Q

Another great track!

Offline pfillion

« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2016, 03:06:50 PM »
Great song!!

Offline WDADU

• Are you justified?
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2016, 08:06:44 PM »
Been absolutely obsessed with this band for  the past year. I'm loving the new tracks and I cannot wait to get Kodama on the 30th. I loved the direction of Shelter, and didn't mind the absence of the screams. "Voix Serienes" is one of my favourite tracks from them. Looking forward to this new record big time.
Brave
Murder
Day

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2016, 03:42:47 AM »
With only 8 days removed from the release of the new album, how is everyone liking the singles so far? Oiseaux is growing on me a lot!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2016, 03:58:20 AM »
With only 8 days removed from the release of the new album, how is everyone liking the singles so far? Oiseaux is growing on me a lot!
They are pretty solid! I really love the fact that the screams are back, they are one of the reason why Alcest have such a unique sound I think.
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline adace

« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2016, 02:59:44 PM »

Offline adace

« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2016, 02:51:15 PM »
Really loving the title track. This album is gonna be fantastic for sure.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2016, 04:11:00 AM »
How are people liking the new album?

In my country only the singles are available on Spotify. :( Might go check if they have the album at my local record store on Monday, so hyped for this album and was planning to listen to it for the first time today but I guess I'll endure the wait for just a little longer now.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2016, 09:14:35 AM »
How are people liking the new album?

In my country only the singles are available on Spotify. :( Might go check if they have the album at my local record store on Monday, so hyped for this album and was planning to listen to it for the first time today but I guess I'll endure the wait for just a little longer now.

It's amazing. Totally blows Shelter out of the water, and even a lot of Les Voyages de L'Âme. It's the first time they've equalled Écailles de Lune imo, still their peak. Even the bonus track is amazing!

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2016, 04:16:55 AM »
I've been rediscovering Alcest because I'll be seeing them together with Mono in two and a half weeks, and I have to say that I had forgotten how good Ecailles and Voyages were, and I'm also extremely impressed by Kodoma. Such a great album, Oiseaux de Proie might be my new favourite Alcest song. Neige is such a great vocalist. :heart
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2016, 04:50:13 AM »
I don't understand this approach from a financial point of view to be honest, right now I'm being forced to listen to the album on youtube which probably has trash quality, and only has gotten just over 4.000 views over the past week. Spotify has such a great distribution network and allows for way more people to find out about their music and even though the percentage of the money that goes to the actual artist is basically nil, they are not getting any money from a youtube upload by some random dude either.

Of course they want people to buy the physical album, but that's pretty useless considering literally no record store in the vicinity has Kodama.

I sound like such a little bitch but this is one of my most anticipated albums of the year and it's a bit disappointing that I have to listen to it on youtube because I can't hold off much longer. :lol Anyway, I'm still on the title-track right now which I've heard before and it is still amazing, can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2016, 06:48:45 AM »
The album won't be fully available in any streaming service until December 30, so that would be hell of a wait :lol Finland's Record Shop X actually doesn't have Kodama in stock either, it's delivery by demand only. You probably have to order online if you want a physical copy.
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline pfillion

« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2019, 04:36:55 AM »

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2019, 10:15:52 AM »
Don't usually get too excited for Alcest, but this is definitely a nice single. Some surprisingly heavy riffs and drumming in there, which I liked a lot.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Online krands85

« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2019, 11:01:15 AM »
Sounds good  :tup
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2019, 11:27:38 AM »
I didn't realize new Alcest was on the way. Exciting  :metal
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2019, 11:01:03 AM »
Icelandic darkwave trio KAELAN MIKLA has been tapped by Nuclear Blast recording artist Alcest to support the latter's Spiritual Instinct tour in early 2020. The tour will also include popular French band Birds in Row.
Starting in Audincourt, France on February 6th, the tour plays all major markets in the UK and Europe, ending one month later on March 6th.

About being tapped by Alcest, the band says, "[Alcest singer] Neige reached out to us and we heard he's a fan of Kælan Mikla, and we love Alcest, so this is a great honor and we are very excited to support Spiritual Instinct."

Hailing from Reykjavik, Iceland, Kælan Mikla is a uniquely thrilling band on the rise, marrying raw punk aggression, thumping beats, and a dark, fairy-tale vision specific to its native Iceland. The band's third album Nótt eftir nótt was released in 2018 on Artoffact Records, to wide acclaim. Noisey stated: "Nótt eftir nótt blends the mystical and euphoric with cold, hard synth and icy darkwave vibes; it's a digital ice sculpture, wrought in slick 'Blade Runner' tones and breathy, eerie vocals." Revolver called it, "searing post-punk/darkwave... It's a must for fans of dark music."

ABOUT KÆLAN MIKLA

KÆLAN MIKLA is an Icelandic dark-wave trio based in Reykjavik who was personally invited by Robert Smith of The Cure to perform at his curated Meltdown Festival in 2018, as well as his Pasadena Daydream Festival in 2019.. They recently completed a 30-date tour in Europe, in support of their Artoffact Records release Nótt eftir nótt. Nótt eftir nótt was a press favorite upon its release, making Revolver Magazine's best of 2018 list, and also garnering accolades from Cvlt Nation, Decibel Magazine, and The Wire, as well as a cover feature in Distorted Sound. The band was nominated for album of the year at the Iceland Music Awards.
KÆLAN MIKLA with ALCEST 2020:
06/02 - FR Audincourt, Moloco
07/02 - FR Tourcoing, Le Grand Mix
08/02 - FR Lyon, Ninkasi Kao 
09/02 - DE Munich, Technikum 
10/02 - DE Cologne, Kantine 
11/02 - DE Hamburg, Gruenspan   
12/02 - DE Leipzig, Taubchenthal 
13/02 - DE Berlin, Heimathafen   
14/02 - DE Hannover, Capitol 
15/02 - DK Copenhagen, Pumpehuset
16/02 - SE Stockholm, Fryshuset Klubben   
18/02 - FI Helsinki, Tavastia   
19/02 - LV Riga, Melna Piektdiena 
20/02 - PL Warsaw, Proxima   
21/02 - PL Krakow, Kwadrat
22/02 - AT Vienna, Szene   
23/02 - HU Budapest, A38   
24/02 - RO Cluj-Napoca, /Form Space
25/02 - RO Bucharest, Quantic 
26/02 - BU Sofia, Mixtape5
28/02 - SI Ljubljana, Kino Siska
29/02 - IT Parma, Campus Industry
01/03 - CH Lucerne, Schuur
02/03 - DE Stuttgart, Im Wizemann   
03/03 - BE Brussels, Orangerie @ Botanique
05/03 - UK Manchester, Gorilla
06/03 - UK Bristol, The Fleece
07/03 - FR Paris, La Machine du Moulin Rouge

KÆLAN MIKLA LIVE 2019:
10/10 FIN Helsinki Blowup Vol. 5 Festival
19/10 USA Seattle, WA @ Taste of Iceland / KEXP
06/11 IS Reykjavik Iceland Airwaves
07/11 FRA Paris La Boule Noire
08/11 NL Nijmegen Merleyn
09/11 NL Rotterdam WaveFest
10/11 UK Bristol The Lanes
11/11 UK Birmingham The Flapper
12/11 UK Glasgow Nice & Sleazy
13/11 UK Liverpool Studio 2
14/11 UK London Lexington
16/11 Toronto, Canada @ Taste of Iceland

Toronto-based Artoffact Records reissued the band's debut, self-titled album Kælan Mikla on CD, vinyl, and digital formats in September. Order here.

Band photo by Dean Kemball.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #159 on: October 26, 2019, 01:33:30 PM »
(the new album came out)
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #160 on: October 26, 2019, 01:37:13 PM »
It’s very good.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2019, 05:06:48 PM »
New album is really excellent. Definitely their best since Écailles De Lune, in my opinion. Could even be a contender for their best overall, but only time will tell that.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2019, 02:16:24 AM »
New album is pretty good but probably in the bottom half of their discography for me. Still, some good tracks!

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2024, 02:18:33 AM »
Well this thread clearly needs a bump.

The next single, Flamme Jumelle,  has just dropped.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4cvWh6jZ5K4fyitO6fzMQc?si=Y2zYoqsoSlWx86m5hjayoQ

This is the second single following my favourite of the two L'Envol, from the upcoming album Les Chants de l'Aurore, released June 21st.

Looking forward to this one.