Author Topic: Please check out my solo project.  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Please check out my solo project.
« on: February 12, 2011, 08:17:56 PM »
https://www.myspace.com/psychicscars

I finished the CD like six months ago, but it's taken me till now to get the nerve to post it online for other people to hear. It's very different for me, if any of you remember my other music, it's very heavy. Well this was a very different sound for me, mostly singer/song writer stuff with some new agey stuff thrown in as well. It's the first time I played everything and sang all of the vocals.

I know I'm not a singer, so I'm sorry for my voice. But it would really mean a lot to me if you guys could listen to the songs and let me know what you think. They're all very personal to me.

Thank you so much!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

Re: Please check out my solo project.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:03:13 AM »
I guess I should clarify..........negative criticism is very welcomed as well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:07:53 AM »
i like it...very easy and moody

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 10:18:19 AM »
Very nice! Very atmospheric.  Personally I think your voice sounds quite good, it suits the music.  :tup  Excellent stuff!

Offline Adami

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 01:56:04 PM »
No one else? According to the myspace, only 1 song or something has been listened to.

Is it really that bad? I can take it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jsem

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 02:54:59 PM »
I'm not totally into singer/songwriter stuff... and not too much new age stuff either.

It was soothing though, I enjoyed it a bit. But Solarsphere was much better.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 04:12:09 PM »
I know you said you're not a singer, but hiding behind all the effects you put on your voice isn't a good idea, imo. The music is fine, and honestly I think it would sound a lot better if you just used your naked voice instead of layering effect upon effect over it.

Offline Adami

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 04:26:46 PM »
I know you said you're not a singer, but hiding behind all the effects you put on your voice isn't a good idea, imo. The music is fine, and honestly I think it would sound a lot better if you just used your naked voice instead of layering effect upon effect over it.

I only have effects on two songs. Why is no one listening to more than one song?

Also, the effects on those songs weren't to cover up my voice, they were there to make it sound the way I envisioned. It's just A Star to Hide and My Emptiness. I gave them both phasers, and autotuned harmonies. I wanted the synthetic voice on those two.

But thanks for the few kinds words people!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:56:01 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »
listening to seven ascended.  I actually like the voice and I love the atmospheric nature of it.

listening to my saving grace.  didn't grab me like the others.  skipped at 2m mark

my emptiness grabbed me from the start.  love the hauntingness of the beginning and the background voices

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:48:31 PM by yeshaberto »

Offline Adami

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 12:03:06 PM »
Bump?  :'(
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 12:34:15 AM »
I like it.  I like atmospheric music, and the simplicity adds to it.  Apathy is my favorite, although I liked how Falling Awake started.  The vocals work for this music... reserved, hushed.   :tup
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 08:16:07 AM »
Adami.  I listened to the first song so far, A Star To Hide.  I loved everything about it except when the heavier guitar parts came, I think your vocals should have been clean or with less effects.  Overall I love the mood and the vibe of the song!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 10:00:16 PM »
Adami.  I listened to the first song so far, A Star To Hide.  I loved everything about it except when the heavier guitar parts came, I think your vocals should have been clean or with less effects.  Overall I love the mood and the vibe of the song!

The only effect on my vocals during the heavy part was reverb, except when it became clean, then it had the fake harmony and phase. But the screaming was just screaming with reverb.

Did you check out any of the other songs? They're not bad.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 06:07:09 AM »

The only effect on my vocals during the heavy part was reverb, except when it became clean, then it had the fake harmony and phase. But the screaming was just screaming with reverb.

Did you check out any of the other songs? They're not bad.

I am today!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC