Author Topic: The official Redemption thread v. I Am the Storm - March 17th 2023  (Read 142201 times)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
Kind of sucks that it is not a flexible goal. However, a lot crowd funding projects are usually slow at first and the last 2 days things kind of ramp up. Hopefully this one does.

$10 for "updates from the band" are a bit much. There are usually a bunch of people that'll throw a couple bucks at a KS if they just want to see it succeed. 

$50 for a signed BD is also too much.  But that's just IMO there. 

That said, with the inflated prices I don't see this succeeding. :(

Offline goo-goo

Kind of sucks that it is not a flexible goal. However, a lot crowd funding projects are usually slow at first and the last 2 days things kind of ramp up. Hopefully this one does.

$10 for "updates from the band" are a bit much. There are usually a bunch of people that'll throw a couple bucks at a KS if they just want to see it succeed. 

$50 for a signed BD is also too much.  But that's just IMO there. 

That said, with the inflated prices I don't see this succeeding. :(

I pretty much agree with you regarding the prices. I did think twice before going ahead with the purchase. I think the previous campaign for Frozen in the Moment, was cheaper.

Offline Lethean

I think Tom sounds a lot better on this latest track than he did on the first one.  I'm curious how the rest of the album will play out.

I haven't pledged for the crowd funding because it doesn't appear that there will be a DVD like there was last time, and I don't have a bluray player.  If I'm going to participate, I'd like to actually be able to use the product. :) 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
I think Tom sounds a lot better on this latest track than he did on the first one.  I'm curious how the rest of the album will play out.

I haven't pledged for the crowd funding because it doesn't appear that there will be a DVD like there was last time, and I don't have a bluray player.  If I'm going to participate, I'd like to actually be able to use the product. :)

You can buy a Blu-ray player for like 20-30 bucks. They're stupid cheap! Join us in the world of high quality video formats! :)

EDIT: Okay, maybe more like 40-50, but usually when they're on sale they are ridiculously cheap. Plus, the Dream Theater Blu-rays look amazing. That should be enough reason for you to get one  :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

You can buy a Blu-ray player for like 20-30 bucks. They're stupid cheap! Join us in the world of high quality video formats! :)

Yea, if you'd consider buying a DVD, I think it's time for an upgrade.  Blu-Ray is pretty cheap these days and significantly better quality.  I'm more annoyed by bands putting out DVDs and not blu-rays (Haken...)

Offline Lethean

EDIT: Okay, maybe more like 40-50, but usually when they're on sale they are ridiculously cheap. Plus, the Dream Theater Blu-rays look amazing. That should be enough reason for you to get one  :biggrin:

I already have them all on DVD; I'm not buying them again. :P

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

#notarealfan :neverusethis:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Lethean

Yea, if you'd consider buying a DVD, I think it's time for an upgrade.  Blu-Ray is pretty cheap these days and significantly better quality.  I'm more annoyed by bands putting out DVDs and not blu-rays (Haken...)

Well, but there you go.... it seems that stuff is more likely to be available on DVD and not blu ray than the other way around, aside from this Redemption release.  Maybe if it seemed that everything was switching over I'd have no choice, but it doesn't.

Offline Lethean

#notarealfan :neverusethis:

#fanofall5bandmembers

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Well, but there you go.... it seems that stuff is more likely to be available on DVD and not blu ray than the other way around, aside from this Redemption release.  Maybe if it seemed that everything was switching over I'd have no choice, but it doesn't.

It is backward compatible though so its not like you lose anything.  To each their own though.  If you don't have an HD TV either you won't notice the difference so there's also that.

Offline Lethean

It is backward compatible though so its not like you lose anything.  To each their own though.  If you don't have an HD TV either you won't notice the difference so there's also that.

No I don't have an HDTV either - good point; thanks. :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

You'd be surprised. Most everything is on Blu-ray these days. It's actually rare for me to find copies of things on DVD nowadays, every time I go into a store, Blu-rays everywhere, DVDs are all in the bargain bins. One day you'll convert, and then you'll be like, oh shit, I can see everything! And then you'll get to 4K Blu-rays and be like, oh shit, I can see every pore on LaBrie's face! That's AWESOME!  :)

Oh yeah I forgot about the HD TV requirement. But that's more reason to get a killer TV, so you can watch all the hevy metull you want in super HD  :biggrin:

brb mailing my TV and Blu-ray player to Lethean

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Don't forget about sound.  Blu-ray has much better sound (but you'll also want a sound system  :lol)

Nothing beats watching a blu-ray concert on my 60inch TV with surround sound blasting in my basement, about as close to being there you can get.  You'll also want space from your neighbors  :lol

Online NoseofNicko

Wow Indulge in Color is excellent! Better than anything on The Art of Loss (yes including the epic) imo. Definitely looking forward to the album now.

Offline Lethean

So let's see - not only do I need a blu ray player, but a new TV, a sound system, and oh, I have to MOVE.   Yeah... I don't see this happening.  :)  Party at cramx's place instead....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
So let's see - not only do I need a blu ray player, but a new TV, a sound system, and oh, I have to MOVE.   Yeah... I don't see this happening.  :)  Party at cramx's place instead....

DTFers are welcome  :metal  No one else wants to watch my concerts in my basement.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

That's what tax season is for :neverusethis:

Offline Lethean

DTFers are welcome  :metal  No one else wants to watch my concerts in my basement.

Be right there.  Just as long as Stadler doesn't show up with a stack of Kiss dvds... ;)

Offline goo-goo

The last campaign update was that if you want a DVD, make the pledge and just ask for the DVD once they ship.

"We've received messages from those inquiring about a regular DVD instead of a Blu Ray. So yes, we will have this option.

Send a message if you want the regular DVD version, and sign up for the Blu Ray version just as you normally would."

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The last campaign update was that if you want a DVD, make the pledge and just ask for the DVD once they ship.

"We've received messages from those inquiring about a regular DVD instead of a Blu Ray. So yes, we will have this option.

Send a message if you want the regular DVD version, and sign up for the Blu Ray version just as you normally would."

I might get on this then. The bluray only put me off.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
Wow Indulge in Color is excellent! Better than anything on The Art of Loss (yes including the epic) imo. Definitely looking forward to the album now.

Yeah, I'm actually a little surprised we're barely even talking about it in here right now! :lol Indulge in Color has this classic vibe about it that I love.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Really like the new song. Tom's voice has always been a favorite of my mine and it works great here. Anyone know if Tom wrote/played any guitar parts or is he just doing vocals for this album?

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try

Yeah, I'm actually a little surprised we're barely even talking about it in here right now! :lol Indulge in Color has this classic vibe about it that I love.

Yes, but is Indulge in Color as good as Black and White World? :metal
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human

Yes, but is Indulge in Color as good as Black and White World? :metal

Call me crazy, but I think I actually prefer Indulge in Color over Black & White World personally.

Really like the new song. Tom's voice has always been a favorite of my mine and it works great here. Anyone know if Tom wrote/played any guitar parts or is he just doing vocals for this album?

Yeah, I think this song is a much better demonstration of what Tom can offer the band as a singer than Little Men did. He gives a really expressive performance on this song.

As for Tom doing any guitar stuff, I don't think they've said anything indicating that he did. Not sure though. If not, I hope they opt to do that for the next Redemption album.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Instrumental playthrough of "Indulge in Color":  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-AlPPfHBNc

I'm so happy they added a full-time keyboardist.  I've felt like that was missing from Redemption since Greg Hosharian's key work on Snowfall on Judgment Day.

I totally bypassed this when I got invested in the kickstarter and just listened/watched.  Sick song, has that epic feeling to it with the instrumental section climaxing into that outro.  But what's up with the guitar solo in the video  :lol

Offline Lethean

I might get on this then. The bluray only put me off.

Yippee yay. :)

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
Instrumental playthrough of "Indulge in Color":  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-AlPPfHBNc

I'm so happy they added a full-time keyboardist.  I've felt like that was missing from Redemption since Greg Hosharian's key work on Snowfall on Judgment Day.

I totally bypassed this when I got invested in the kickstarter and just listened/watched.  Sick song, has that epic feeling to it with the instrumental section climaxing into that outro.  But what's up with the guitar solo in the video  :lol

According to the official Facebook page, the solo was from Chris Poland, who wasn't able to contribute for the video. They could have had Simone cover the solo for the video, but wanted to give Chris his proper credit, so they inserted a still photo of him playing his guitar while the solo went on.

Speaking of which, it's probably one of Poland's best solos ever. Reminds me a little bit of Alex Lifeson in his heyday.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Will check this new song later.  Really wished Tom played some guitar but it doesn't seem like the case.  A shame, his leads are incredible.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
Will check this new song later.  Really wished Tom played some guitar but it doesn't seem like the case.  A shame, his leads are incredible.

Yeah, if Tom's not providing guitar work on this album, I really hope he gets to on the next go-around.

Also, CHECK THE SONG OUT. :lol :biggrin: Tom sounds awesome on it! :metal
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just watched the video, did not disappoint.  Absolutely stunning.  Perfect in every way.  Tom's voice is epic, like I knew it would and Simone and Chris being heavily involved is just excellent.  So pumped for this album.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
Just watched the video, did not disappoint.  Absolutely stunning.  Perfect in every way.  Tom's voice is epic, like I knew it would and Simone and Chris being heavily involved is just excellent.  So pumped for this album.

Yeah, this song is going to be insane for them to play live. :metal
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
Oh yeah feelin this new track a lot more than the previous.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Alder is one of my favorite singers, but his mesh with redemption's music just never did it for me, so there fore I never really listened to redemption, but oh my god, Tom's voice is exactly what I want. I am loving this

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
I decided to take a day to digest the song before commenting, and I gotta say -- I fucking love it.  This is an absolute gem.  It's seems like a sequel to "Black and White World."  And Tom really shines.  I feel like this song will be a Redemption classic in time.  I'm really pumped now to hear him live on some older Redemption favorites.  I'm excited, man.

Edit: I kinda wish the deadline for the kickstarter thing was after the album was released, so I could gauge how much I connect with this new chapter of the band before deciding which level package to choose, lol. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:10:01 PM by Mebert78 »
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wow, when it said instrumental playthrough, I assumed it was an instrumental. :facepalm:

That song is fucking A awesome. So much better than the first one released. Still not in love with Englund, but there is more than enough "color" in his voice so that it in no way detracts from the song, which is what he does from the first one.

I can totally hear Ray singing this though, right?

Excellent. My interest is repiqued.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol