Author Topic: Did Portnoy make a mistake leaving?  (Read 19571 times)

Offline Miyazaki74

Re: Did Portnoy make a mistake leaving?
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2011, 07:04:28 PM »
It amazes me that many people on here think that Mike leaving is the best thing for DT. I'm sorry but MP is DT. No one in DT has Mike's charisma. He was the captain of that ship and without him the ship is gonna sink. Whatever popularity and mainstream success they have is because of his hard work and labor he did for that band, both in and outside the studio.  I think a lot of people are forgetting what Mike really meant to DT and the access he gave to their fans. DT will suffer without him.  

Well, if he was captain of the ship then I'm sure the next album has to be fantastic!  The last one was horrible and the 2 before it weren't much better.  Maybe it's time for a new skipper at the helm!

I'm not even talking about the music. Music is subjective, just because you hated their latest albums doesn't mean every DT fan does. Plus JP is the main songwriter for that band so if you're going to blame anyone on how the albums have been you better blame him. Count of Tuscany's cheesy lyrics didn't come from Mike.

Offline manticore999

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2011, 08:12:09 PM »
Well, then I guess he's not that damn important, and the band will be just fine without him then

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2011, 08:25:01 PM »
Manticore, you need to dial it down a notch.  There's nothing wrong with the points you are posting, but the tone of your posts is borderline baiting.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline manticore999

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2011, 08:29:59 PM »
Understood.  Sorry, I got carried away.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2011, 08:30:54 PM »
No problem.  Thanks.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."