Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 186556 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1645 on: February 27, 2017, 01:32:44 PM »
Looks alright. I could do without Zeke, Tai, Sandra, Ciera, Cirie and Debbie....I find those folks utterly annoying and am already looking forward to them being voted off. But I get it why they were cast again.....

I was thinking the same with Sandra, Cirie, Debbie, and Ciera.  Zeke irritated me last season, but I'll see if he's any better this time around.  Tai, I'm okay with.

After seeing Caleb be a creep on Big Brother, then redeem himself on Survivor, only to get airlifted out due to heat stroke, I'm glad to see he's coming back.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1646 on: February 27, 2017, 02:14:10 PM »
Looks alright. I could do without Zeke, Tai, Sandra, Ciera, Cirie and Debbie....I find those folks utterly annoying and am already looking forward to them being voted off. But I get it why they were cast again.....

I was thinking the same with Sandra, Cirie, Debbie, and Ciera.  Zeke irritated me last season, but I'll see if he's any better this time around.  Tai, I'm okay with.

After seeing Caleb be a creep on Big Brother, then redeem himself on Survivor, only to get airlifted out due to heat stroke, I'm glad to see he's coming back.

I liked Tai for the majority of his season....then he just lost it for me and became real annoying to me....can't put my finger on why? Same with Zeke. I started off really liking him but then he got real arrogant and annoying at a point and it was off putting.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1647 on: February 27, 2017, 02:15:45 PM »
For me, that was more the case with Zeke.  He started even getting a little bully-ish at one point.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1648 on: March 01, 2017, 09:44:52 AM »
Interesting.  A change up of the rules regarding tie votes at TC:

https://ew.com/tv/2017/02/28/survivor-jeff-probst-game-changers-revote/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 09:56:18 AM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1649 on: March 01, 2017, 09:52:26 AM »
Hm, I think I like it.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1650 on: March 01, 2017, 09:58:37 AM »
I was trying to figure out how this was going to change things, it seemed a little confusing, but I think I've got it now.  In any instance where they majority has double the votes of the minority and chooses to split the vote from the onset, they can't fall back on the luxury of a revote, to switch all their votes to one person.  They immediately risk going to rocks and potentially going home themselves.  Nice.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1651 on: March 01, 2017, 10:50:59 AM »
I was trying to figure out how this was going to change things, it seemed a little confusing, but I think I've got it now.  In any instance where they majority has double the votes of the minority and chooses to split the vote from the onset, they can't fall back on the luxury of a revote, to switch all their votes to one person.  They immediately risk going to rocks and potentially going home themselves.  Nice.

yep....it's a good change to end what was a lame approach/tactic.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1652 on: March 01, 2017, 01:14:10 PM »
I like it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1653 on: March 01, 2017, 01:15:54 PM »
Me too.  It's a good shakeup.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1654 on: March 08, 2017, 05:09:09 PM »
Tonight's the night!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1655 on: March 08, 2017, 08:30:06 PM »
Give Sandra win number three right now. These morons are gonna hand it right to her.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1656 on: March 08, 2017, 10:37:51 PM »
Give Sandra win number three right now. These morons are gonna hand it right to her.

No kidding. I'd have voted her out just for the fact she's won TWICE. Kick her out and then start. I'm curious as to if her little bravado tirade towards Tony will alarm anyone....about her being the Queen and so on?

Anyway, I'm already sick of Tai and the chicken thing. I'd kill every one of those chickens at once and eat them right in front of him.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1657 on: March 09, 2017, 07:34:05 AM »

No kidding. I'd have voted her out just for the fact she's won TWICE. Kick her out and then start. I'm curious as to if her little bravado tirade towards Tony will alarm anyone....about her being the Queen and so on?
I hope so.  That shit was getting really old really quick throughout the whole show.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1658 on: March 09, 2017, 08:02:10 AM »
And Sandra IS right, the likelihood of someone awarding her a third win at the end may not be real high, but you never know.  That's what she's banking on, and if she gets there, she can say "Look at this.  I've won twice, they should've voted me out the first chance they got, and I'm still here" and win again.  I just hope it doesn't come to that.  She needs to go.  Take your overconfident "queen" bullshit, STFU, and GTFO.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1659 on: March 09, 2017, 09:19:34 PM »
Anyway, I'm already sick of Tai and the chicken thing. I'd kill every one of those chickens at once and eat them right in front of him.

:lol Yes! I really don't like Tai, between the animal stuff, and being a downright crappy strategical player, both of which were on show already.

I would have liked to see Tony stay longer. He was so crazy paranoid, but he made things interesting. He can't be that much of a threat yet when everyone knows him and his tactics. That whole thing with him building the bunker and listening in felt very fake and planned to me though.

So far I like the changes they've made to the game, including the preview for next week.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1660 on: March 10, 2017, 06:15:11 AM »
The bunker was a ridiculous thing.  He did that on his original season, in a place that was MUCH better secluded from the water/mail place.  This time, he was literally trying to build a dugout RIGHT NEXT TO IT.  WTF?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1661 on: March 15, 2017, 07:17:36 PM »
Damn these people are fucking dumb. How the hell do you choose to keep Hali?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1662 on: March 15, 2017, 09:31:30 PM »
Damn these people are fucking dumb. How the hell do you choose to keep Hali?

One of the dumbest vote outs ever. That'll turn into 'girl power' real quick and Tai and Culpepper are gone. Just a stuiped decision.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1663 on: March 16, 2017, 06:39:46 AM »
I have no problem seeing "F*ck You Brad Culpeper" go home.  And the whole goat sequence was just uncomfortable.  Couple with Sandra's insistence that "f*ck you, we're gonna eat it".  That was just unsettling.  I'm glad that they all thought better of it.  Also, if that HAD gone through with it, I can guarantee you, there would've been public outrage.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1664 on: March 16, 2017, 06:58:29 AM »
That goat thing was just silly. And you're right, that'd have been the talk of the twin for a news cycle or so.

The only reason I'm rooting for Culpepper is that I have him in my office pool. Him and Malcolm. I also have JT and Debbie in the 'B' pool.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1665 on: March 16, 2017, 01:59:17 PM »
In an interview with Caleb that was posted online today:

On how much pre-existing personal connections impact the game:
“You know, you have your pre-game alliances and people call each other and there are several people that have played together and it does make you wonder. Like at my Tribal Council, Sierra and Hali. One thing that they didn’t show was Sierra called me out. She says, ‘Well, Tai was at your wedding. Why would we keep you two here together?’ And I said, ‘Well, you and Hali have matching tattoos from the last time you played.’”

Goes to show you how heavily the longer-than-what-we-see TCs are edited.  It just irks the shit out of me how much Probst and co. insist on fucking with stuff just to fuck with stuff.  Storylines were developing just fine and BOOM.  Switch.  Effectively fucking SEVERAL people at random for no good reason.  Each tribe has very clear targets now that they didn't have before and it's extremely not cool.  It's why Caleb left.  He was unlucky enough to be the odd man out on a tribe with someone he shouldn't have ended up near.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1666 on: March 22, 2017, 08:11:54 PM »
SON OF A MUTHA FU%KING BITCH! I just lost my best shot at cashing in in the office pool. Utterly ridiculous that Malcolm is gone. JT sucks....little dick. Why Sandra is still around blows my mind.

I've not been this ticked about someone getting kicked off since Fighter Pilot Terry in his original season.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1667 on: March 22, 2017, 11:54:10 PM »
Fuck, that sucks . I would have loved to see Sierra or Culpepper go, and wipe the smug look off their stupid faces.
Crazy tribal though.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1668 on: March 23, 2017, 06:13:29 AM »
Sierra or Culpeper would be fine with me, I never cared for either of them, but I never like seeing a majority tribe flex their muscle on a tribe with lesser numbers, so saving Sierra didn't bother me.  Malcolm going, however did.  MORONS.  WTF?  How in God's name do you continue to let Sandra stick around??  Malcolm WON the reward challenge for you today.  Sandra contributes NOTHING.  WTF???

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1669 on: March 23, 2017, 08:15:06 AM »
I still can't get over the fact that Malcolm actually went home last night. What a friggin' bummer. Such a good player and seemingly cool guy. That's one of the things that drives me insane about Survivor is that people who "shouldn't" still be around always seem to be the ones that make it the furthest.

Still can't figure out why JT told Culpepper they were going for Sierra? I guess it was his hope they'd vote out Sandra, but still....what a bad play. He's pretty much screwed now I'd think.

Malcolm has to be so ticked that Varner didn't land that ball in the hole when he was literally three inches from it to win immunity.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1670 on: March 23, 2017, 08:20:09 AM »
Undoubtedly.  THAT sucked.  Sooooo close.  What an unbelievably frantic TC.  I've never seen anything like it, but I guess I wouldn't have.  This was a first and I'm not sure I liked it.  Again, JP and company trying so hard to push the Game Changers concept, that I'm starting to feel like they're messing up any sort of natural story or narrative that could evolve, by constantly f*cking with things.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1671 on: March 23, 2017, 08:24:30 AM »
I like the idea of trying new things, but that tribal council concept was so haphazard that it felt like they could have made it up on the spot and thrown it in there. That on top of switching to three teams last week, and it does almost seem like screwing with the game for the sake of it. The winner should be the one who adapted the best to the changing circumstances, and not based on the luck of the draw as things are randomly thrown at them week after week.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1672 on: March 23, 2017, 08:28:18 AM »
And that's totally what it feels like now, so many changes being thrown around that you have to hope have that "luck of the draw".  Orphaning people on tribes via the switchup was a terrible move.  He may as well have given them all shirts with bullseyes on them, like Rudy Sarzo's shirt in the Cum on Feel the Noize video.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1673 on: March 23, 2017, 08:36:05 AM »
I'd like to see them put this effort into changing up the challenges themselves, and putting some new ideas into that, instead of mixing and matching the same 5 elements for every challenge. Climb the thing, unlock the thing, puzzle the thing, throw the things etc.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1674 on: March 23, 2017, 08:54:51 AM »
Undoubtedly.  THAT sucked.  Sooooo close.  What an unbelievably frantic TC.  I've never seen anything like it, but I guess I wouldn't have.  This was a first and I'm not sure I liked it.  Again, JP and company trying so hard to push the Game Changers concept, that I'm starting to feel like they're messing up any sort of natural story or narrative that could evolve, by constantly f*cking with things.

I'm not entirely convinced that Tai finding the idol was him just trying to find the idol. No one followed him around, it was right there by the tribe flag in the middle of open ground, someone would have seen him digging. I wouldn't put it past the JP and Co. to have orchestrated him finding that just to make TC more interesting given the fact it was 6 vs 5 and without that idol it would have been a 6-5 vote.

you have to hope have that "luck of the draw".  Orphaning people on tribes via the switchup was a terrible move. 

Totally. the 'luck of the draw' aspect completely sucks and its not interesting. Someone who has played a great game to that point gets totally screwed for something that's completely out of their control. At least in all other situations your actions, behavior and lack of or surplus of cunning will either get you kicked out or advance you. Allowing a random draw to determine the fate of the game is just lazy....and the only reason they do it is because of the chaos it causes but it's still lazy.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1675 on: March 27, 2017, 09:09:47 AM »
We finally watched this yesterday.

Crap.  My wife and I both like Malcolm a lot and were rooting for him. 

I absolutely hated that TC format and I hope they never do it again.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1676 on: March 27, 2017, 09:12:03 AM »
Yeah, I don't care for it at all.  I mean, it makes sense WHY they voted for Malcolm.  They knew they'd invalidate votes for Sierra and instead of voting Sandra out, they knew voting Malcolm out would HURT the other tribe, which is exactly what they wanted.  Either way tough, they're still keeping Sandra around to glide right to the end and win it again.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1677 on: March 27, 2017, 09:45:25 AM »
keeping Sandra around to glide right to the end and win it again.

if this happens it will be infuriating. at this point I have no 'favorite' as Malcolm was who I was pulling for....but, I do have a couple I don't want to see win. Sandra and Tai being the main two.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1678 on: March 27, 2017, 10:07:52 AM »
Sandra and Cirie - I'd be very irritated to see either of them win.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1679 on: March 27, 2017, 10:24:56 AM »
So I'm assuming JT thought that Culpepper and Co. would vote or were voting Sandra and that's why he told them about Ciera? I don't think he had any clue that they'd target Malcolm...although he should have at least known how big a threat Malcolm was and that he was a target.

But I'm still confused as to why they targeted Ciera and not Culpepper or a 'stronger' competitor.