Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 187237 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1610 on: December 08, 2016, 06:43:37 AM »
Hard to keep track of the timeline, since it's filmed so early.  Last Tribal Council was on May 11.  She died May 14th.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/11/survivor-adam-klein-mom-susie-died-cancer/

That is such a bummer. Man....

As for Blobs point....that episode was a fast paced one. Sunday was my last chance to win the office pool but she wasn't getting any votes to win anyway. At this point, depending on who makes it to the end, Adam, Jay or David can win it. I'm rooting for Adam with Jay in a close second.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1611 on: December 08, 2016, 06:45:55 AM »
Maybe I missed it in the article, but did he manage to see his mother again before she died, or would he still have been away? I'm thinking the latter, which I can't even imagine how devastated he'd feel. :(

I was trying to determine that myself, but am not sure.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1612 on: December 08, 2016, 07:41:44 AM »
For some reason, I get enjoyment from scouring Google maps to try to find Survivor locations.  Since the actual tribe camp locations are usually harder to find, I usually look for the Ponderosa location.  Watching the videos, it was easy to see the shape of the island, but no amount of looking around found it for me.  The Ponderosa video gives you an impression of the way the island may look, but in reality, it's a little different.  I did some searching and found that this season's Ponderosa is on Bekana Island, just off the NW coast of mainland Fiji:

https://www.google.com/maps/@-17.591868,177.4409033,723m/data=!3m1!1e3

It's a bigger looking island than it looks like on the Ponderosa videos.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1613 on: December 08, 2016, 11:23:51 AM »
Just watched all the Ponderosa episodes....minus Taylor and Zeke....that'd be a neat experience and it's nice that is sort of a 'participation trophy' to lessen the blow of losing. I'd much rather be the first jury member than the last though...just to enjoy the most time you possibly could at Ponderosa

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1614 on: December 08, 2016, 11:28:52 AM »
I still get the feeling that Will thinks a heck of a lot more of his gameplay than he should.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1615 on: December 08, 2016, 11:48:53 AM »
I still get the feeling that Will thinks a heck of a lot more of his gameplay than he should.

He does. I mean, he flipped on his alliance once. Big deal. My wife was thrilled he got voted off because she said she couldn't take the way he talked any longer. It was an odd cadence and projection. He's a young dude and like all young dudes he probably thinks he is king sh%t. Talk to him in 10 years after life has had it's way with him for a bit  :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1616 on: December 08, 2016, 11:52:43 AM »
:rollin

No shit.  He hadn't really annoyed me all that much nutil the last week or two.

Then Sunday - I'm pretty sure she spoke more in her Ponderosa than her entire time on the show itself, mainly because all she ever said was "We need to get Jess out", then when Jess left, Sunday had nothing else to say.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1617 on: December 14, 2016, 09:29:23 PM »
Totally fine with Adam winning, especially given his story. But i found myself rooting for Ken again at the end. All in all pretty cool season.

Ext season looks interesting although i can do without Ty. He annoyed the heck out of me in his season. It'll be interesting to see if Ozzy has any gas left in the tank.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1618 on: December 14, 2016, 11:17:19 PM »
Damn, Adam's mother died an hour after he got home. Damn.

I was happy to see Adam win it, although I was also kind of going for Ken. I wouldn't have had a problem with any of them winning though, and Adam was deserving. The thing I realized at the final tribal council, is that despite the blindsides, nobody was really bitter or out against any individual. They all seemed to respect the gameplay, and they took it well. That was cool. I'm surprised Adam got a clean sweep. I expected at least a couple of votes for Ken. I think his story was an influence.

That fake idol was hilarious. Is this the first time anyone has been duped into playing a fake idol without realizing it? :lol Jay got punked and took it well.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1619 on: December 15, 2016, 07:05:58 AM »
There have been a few times where people have been duped into playing a fake idol, but there was something about this one that was just so epic.  I mean hook, line, and sinker, Jay didn't even question it.  Which I find a little odd.  It didn't appear that David had put an official note in with it, so there was nothing with it to say "Yes, this is official", like normal and Jay had an immunity idol already and saw several others played.  They were kinda teardrop shaped.  He knew what they looked like and didn't question that this one didn't look like all the others.  So yeah, crazy epic play on David's part.

I'm quite pleased with how this ended up.  Adam really deserved it, though Ken winning wouldn't have bothered me all that much.  Hannah, I guess I get what she was saying, and for a while there, it started to look like she was being very convincing, but clearly nobody was buying it, and that's good.  Adam needed to keep it in everyone's head that she was all over the place and somehow he did.

And I was also surprised at the amazing lack of sour grapes on the jury.  Usually they're bitter and pissed off and just assholes about it and they often (IMO) give it to someone underserving, because they're so mad at the deserving person that they fuck them over out of spite.  Really glad to see that didn't happen this time around.

Info on next season and full list of returnees:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/12/survivor-game-changers-spoilers-cast-season-34/

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1620 on: December 15, 2016, 07:16:05 AM »
There have been a few times where people have been duped into playing a fake idol, but there was something about this one that was just so epic.  I mean hook, line, and sinker, Jay didn't even question it.  Which I find a little odd.  It didn't appear that David had put an official note in with it, so there was nothing with it to say "Yes, this is official", like normal and Jay had an immunity idol already and saw several others played.  They were kinda teardrop shaped.  He knew what they looked like and didn't question that this one didn't look like all the others.  So yeah, crazy epic play on David's part.

I could be wrong, but it looked to me like the note was included because I was looking out for that, but he obviously didn't open it up properly to read because he knew what it was.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1621 on: December 15, 2016, 07:18:21 AM »
Okay, I wasn't sure.  Usually they make a scene of the person opening the note and reading it, so I think I assumed there wasn't one.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1622 on: December 15, 2016, 07:21:10 AM »
I could be wrong (especially as I was watching a shifty low quality stream on the internet), but it appeared it was wrapped with the note. He definitely didn't read anything though.

The list of returning players doesn't mean much to me, as I have the shittiest memory for names. Give me some pictures, guys! :lol I recognized most of the few players they showed on the reunion, a couple I didn't at least without context. I'm sure I'll be familiar with most of them though.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1623 on: December 15, 2016, 07:28:38 AM »
Oddly, I don't think Jeff remembered to mention last night that Zeke would be returning.  Here's some info with pics of the players:

https://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-game-changers-tribe-names-and-divisions-13372

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1624 on: December 15, 2016, 07:31:11 AM »
Thank you very much. At a glance, I remember exactly half of them. The rest I either don't know, or don't recall. Some great choices though.

I recall Probst quickly pointing out whoever it was from the current season returning, but it went by really quick and I didn't even remember.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1625 on: December 15, 2016, 07:32:07 AM »
It was Michaela.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1626 on: December 15, 2016, 07:34:30 AM »
I'd actually forgotten she was this season, even after seeing her picture. :lol I never remember people that well from before the merge.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1627 on: December 15, 2016, 07:51:12 AM »
Oddly, I don't think Jeff remembered to mention last night that Zeke would be returning.  Here's some info with pics of the players:

https://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-game-changers-tribe-names-and-divisions-13372

Yeah, I could really do without Zeke, Tai and Ceri. All annoying as hell to me. Especially with Zeke being so fresh in the mind it's gonna be tough to not hope he's eliminated immediately.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1628 on: December 15, 2016, 07:56:27 AM »
Yeah, that's the danger with back to back season players.  You don't have the time to forget why they annoyed you in the first place.  Cirie and Sandra will irk me.  If they don't vote Sandra out first, they're all idiots.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1629 on: December 15, 2016, 07:57:52 AM »
We thought it was a great season, and Adam was deserving.  I don't think that Ken got enough credit for staying with Dave all season, only to kick him to the curb at the end.

Looking forward to next season.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1630 on: December 15, 2016, 08:02:45 AM »
Ken had one of the best lines of the whole season, about David being his number 2 alliance, but that his daughter was his number 1 alliance.  I thought for sure that would buy him some votes.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1631 on: December 15, 2016, 08:07:32 AM »
We thought it was a great season, and Adam was deserving.  I don't think that Ken got enough credit for staying with Dave all season, only to kick him to the curb at the end.

Looking forward to next season.

Ken had one of the best lines of the whole season, about David being his number 2 alliance, but that his daughter was his number 1 alliance.  I thought for sure that would buy him some votes.

Had Ken been able to articulate his game better, he'd have certainly garnered some votes. That's where Adam shined. He had a plan and a dialogue ready to go on why he should win and it worked....and was right. He deserved to win yet Ken had he been able just to speak a bit better and develop a good argument could have easily won as well, and would have been just as deserving. I think they both played the game they wanted to play.

I do believe Ken would have been better off taking David instead of Adam....I think the jury members had it out for David more than they did for Adam. There was no way for Ken to know that Adam had his moms story to tell, and I think that was the nail in the coffin....and if you watch Hannah knows it as her expression when they cut to her after Adam telling that story pretty much said 'well, that's that'....

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1632 on: December 15, 2016, 08:11:58 AM »
Yep, I thought the same thing.  She knew it was over and the reactions from the jury also said it all, like "Oh shit, I had no idea, how could I not vote for him?"

I also kinda hoped Jeff would do his usual thing at the reunion, and ask "If David had gone to FTC instead of Adam, who would've voted for him?"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1633 on: December 15, 2016, 08:18:46 AM »
Yep, I thought the same thing.  She knew it was over and the reactions from the jury also said it all, like "Oh shit, I had no idea, how could I not vote for him?"

I also kinda hoped Jeff would do his usual thing at the reunion, and ask "If David had gone to FTC instead of Adam, who would've voted for him?"

Given the circumstances, they might not have wanted to take anything away from Adam's win. Not that it really would have, but still, you get what I mean. They did seem rushed for time though, didn't feel like they fit much in.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1634 on: December 15, 2016, 08:21:15 AM »
It always goes like that.  The actual reunion show started late.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1635 on: January 04, 2017, 07:49:51 AM »

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1636 on: January 04, 2017, 08:01:27 AM »
Saw this last night, was trying to remember him.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1637 on: January 04, 2017, 08:10:44 AM »
Saw this last night, was trying to remember him.

Me too. Had to look up some additional pictures in order to ring a bell. It's always sad when someone dies young....and it's even worse when they have young kids. One of my worst fears is dropping dead and leaving my young sons without a father for the majority of their lives.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1638 on: January 04, 2017, 08:15:42 AM »
I watched a little bit of footage and do vaguely remember him.  Oddly enough, I remember the elephants in the river more than I remember him.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1639 on: February 27, 2017, 07:26:11 AM »
Survivor returns next Wednesday, March 8th!  As a reminder, here's the cast of all returnees:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/12/survivor-game-changers-spoilers-cast-season-34/

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1640 on: February 27, 2017, 07:28:10 AM »
Still means nothing to me without pictures. :lol
But as usual, I had no idea this was back until seeing this thread bumped. :metal

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1641 on: February 27, 2017, 07:29:08 AM »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1642 on: February 27, 2017, 08:41:50 AM »
Thank you sir. :tup
So, I actually recognize the majority of those, which is good. Of course, if you don't recognize Ozzy by now, you probably have never watched Survivor. He must be their fallback. :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1643 on: February 27, 2017, 11:32:35 AM »
Looking forward to this!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1644 on: February 27, 2017, 01:21:34 PM »
Looks alright. I could do without Zeke, Tai, Sandra, Ciera, Cirie and Debbie....I find those folks utterly annoying and am already looking forward to them being voted off. But I get it why they were cast again.....