Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 187432 times)

Offline bobs23

• human mic stand
  • EZBoard Elder
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #350 on: April 12, 2012, 08:13:41 AM »
Unfortunately, this cast is too stupid to figure anything out. Outside of Kim and Troy. The upcoming episodes will prove this.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
SOMEBODY, PLEASE PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND MAKE A GAME-CHANGING MOVE!!!

God, this is frustrating.  This march towards the seemingly inevitable is frustrating as hell.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #352 on: April 18, 2012, 09:19:29 PM »
SOMEBODY, PLEASE PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND MAKE A GAME-CHANGING MOVE!!!

God, this is frustrating.  This march towards the seemingly inevitable is frustrating as hell.

+1. If people don't try to make a move, soon, this will go down as one of the worst seasons I have seen.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #353 on: April 26, 2012, 08:04:37 AM »
Everybody needs to drop out right now so they can give Kim the money.  Seriously.

Kat: "I don't want to go down as a weak player, a follower".

*votes exactly the way Kim wants her to*

So dumb.  I think the only people left that I'd be all right with winning the game would be Christina or Kat.  And not because they've done anything, but because of how much I dislike everyone else.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #354 on: April 26, 2012, 02:42:34 PM »
Awful episode last night. Where are the strategists this season?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #355 on: April 26, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »
Christina might be the dumbest player ever.  JHC.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #356 on: April 26, 2012, 02:55:59 PM »
Indeed. But for some reason, I still want rid of Kim and Chelsea.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #357 on: April 26, 2012, 10:16:15 PM »
Christina might be the dumbest player ever.  JHC.

Leif Manson says, "hello".

As much as I wanted to cheer for him, he was a total idiot. At one point the tribe got together and said they were going to go to tribal council after winning the challenge (you guys know what I'm talking 'bout). They told the man that they were going to go vote him off, and he went along with it!!! Might have been the dumbest collective move by a tribe in a long time, removing one of the guys and leading to the eventual female dominated game now. By the time he realized he had no solid alliance, or strategy, to move forward it was already too late.

When I first saw him I thought I was in for a real treat.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #358 on: April 29, 2012, 04:41:42 AM »
I was pulling for Troyzan.  Too bad. 

Once Tarzan is gone, and Christina and Alicia are next, they will realize they should have listened to Troyzan.

Cat is beyond stupid.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #359 on: May 03, 2012, 08:37:38 AM »
Kat is the poster child for the sense of entitlement that kids have nowadays. Good riddance, loser. Also, no, please do NOT beg Jeff to let you play again to redeem yourself. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to be subjected to you again.  How fun and exciting are blindsides now, Kat?  :rollin  Idiot.

At this point, I'm not sure who I want to win. I often (not always) like to see the person at the top of the game (Kim) get knocked down a peg or two. That wasn't the case with Rob on Survivor: Redmeption Island. I was stoked to see him win. I guess I'd be happy with seeing Christina or Tarzan win, though I just cannot see that being possible.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #360 on: May 03, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »
Kat is the poster child for the sense of entitlement that kids have nowadays. Good riddance, loser. Also, no, please do NOT beg Jeff to let you play again to redeem yourself. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to be subjected to you again.  How fun and exciting are blindsides now, Kat?  :rollin  Idiot.

At this point, I'm not sure who I want to win. I often (not always) like to see the person at the top of the game (Kim) get knocked down a peg or two. That wasn't the case with Rob on Survivor: Redmeption Island. I was stoked to see him win. I guess I'd be happy with seeing Christina or Tarzan win, though I just cannot see that being possible.

I would be happy to see Tarzan win, and while I think he has a decent chance at getting to the top 3, I don't think he has played a strong enough game strategically to pull off the win. As of right now, I would be pretty surprised if Kim did not win. Doesn't she still have an immunity idol too?

Also, I was very happy to see Kat enjoy the 'fun and exciting' blindside. Next gone, Alicia (hopefully)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #361 on: May 03, 2012, 07:52:09 PM »
Pretty sure Kim DOES still have an immunity idol, so she's pretty much golden to go to the final 3 and likely win it all.  I fucking lol'd when Kat got voted out after her "fun and exciting" remarks.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #362 on: May 05, 2012, 10:33:20 AM »
Kim is going to have to get rid of Sabrina and Chelsea next if she wants to win. Everyone at Ponderosa is collectively cheering for Sabrina.
Kim is a remarkably good player though. Particularly, she can lie better than anyone I've ever seen on Survivor. Watch how convincingly she is able to lie to the person she's about to vote out. There's a reason Jay and Kat didn't see it coming.

Kim's biggest enemy right now is herself. She's in a very similar position to Coach last season. She blindsided a few close allies, and they are now mad at her. Jay, Kat, and Troyzan may not vote for Kim if they don't have to. Kim's crucial decision is the same as the one Coach had to make last season. She could go to the end with Alicia or Tarzan or Christina and betray her alliance, or keep her word and go to the end with Chelsea and Sabrina. Last season Coach went to the end with Albert and Sophie, but he could have taken Rick, Edna, Brandon, or Cochran. Coach took the wrong people to the end, and he lost because of it. Kim has a choice to make, and it will make or break her end-game.
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #363 on: May 05, 2012, 08:32:58 PM »
I don't really care who wins, but I'm glad that moron Kat is gone.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »
R.l.P Tarzan. Kim is going to win.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #365 on: May 10, 2012, 06:23:40 AM »
Frustrating.  Kim is a fucking genius, but there is just something about her that rubs me the wrong way.  I cannot put my finger on it.  She's brilliant though.  She's like Dr. Will from Big Brother.  She could outright say "I'm going to lie right to your face however often I need to in order to win", then lie to you, screw you over and magically be charming enough that you'll keep coming back for more.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #366 on: May 10, 2012, 02:19:54 PM »
I tend to think that it is less about her ingenuity, and more about the others' stupidity. Seriously, aside from Kim, this has to be the dumbest cast I have ever seen.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #367 on: May 10, 2012, 07:32:51 PM »
:lol  Well, yeah, that could very well be the case also.  When everyone is so dumb, it tends to make her look even more brilliant.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #368 on: May 13, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »
3 hours tonight!

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #369 on: May 13, 2012, 05:35:27 PM »
WOHOOO FOR DTF! I forgot that the finale was on tonight. I'm super excited now, thanks Sir GuitarCozmo!

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #370 on: May 13, 2012, 09:21:18 PM »
Who are you guys expecting to see as the returning injured players? I guess there will be three, I'm just hoping that one of them isn't Colton.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #371 on: May 14, 2012, 01:39:27 AM »
I checked out of this season because it was so bad.

Look, making this show work well is not difficult.  Cast smart, likable people with a lot of personality and let them play the game.  It's going to be interesting and entertaining.  Survivor viewers consider themselves sophisticated and want to see a sophisticated show.  Stop with all the people who are repulsive to watch.

It's not like this is working for them.  The ratings for this season are they lowest they've been ever.  The ship needs to be righted.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #372 on: May 14, 2012, 04:46:23 AM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #373 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »
I checked out of this season because it was so bad.

Look, making this show work well is not difficult.  Cast smart, likable people with a lot of personality and let them play the game.  It's going to be interesting and entertaining.  Survivor viewers consider themselves sophisticated and want to see a sophisticated show.  Stop with all the people who are repulsive to watch.

It's not like this is working for them.  The ratings for this season are they lowest they've been ever.  The ship needs to be righted.

Amen to that.  If they bring Colton back, ever, they are basically rewarding his reprehensible behavior.  He can put on a fake apology and claim he loves everyone all he wants, but actions speak louder than words, and he can't take back the way he acted.  The crew seemingly didn't like him (no one had his back, and he got numerous bad looks from other participants during the reunion show when he was talking, not just from Bill and Leif), and even his mother was embarrassed by him.  Let this hateful bigot go back to being nothing, instead of rewarding him simply for ratings, which wouldn't work anyway, as just about anyone who is gonna watch already watches, and you know there will be people who will stop watching when they see him again, including myself. 

Also, I didn't buy Alicia's "apology" last night either.  She is a miserable human being as well.

But Kim was a very deserving winner.  It was nice to see the person who dominated as much as she did actually win for once.

And kudos to Kat for not staying bitter and taking the high road. :tup :tup

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #374 on: May 14, 2012, 09:01:19 AM »
And kudos to Kat for not staying bitter and taking the high road. :tup :tup

Maybe I shouldn't have been, but I was really surprised by this.  She just looked like she was going to be a complete self-entitled bitch about it all, but it was quite cool to see such a great attitude from her.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #375 on: May 14, 2012, 09:06:57 AM »
Yep, the looks and little comments from her in the tribals following her ouster definitely made me think she was gonna be bitter and bratty when it came to her questioning the final three; it looked like they were saving her for last for that very reason.  But no. 

Oh, and Alicia comparing herself to Kim by calling them both kingpins who had their pawns. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin  Someone should really tell Alicia that her game sucked and that she is a hateful, miserable person, just like Colton.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #376 on: May 14, 2012, 09:08:25 AM »
Complete lack of self-awareness.  Alicia was as much one of Kim's pawns as everybody else was, except she was way more expendable.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #377 on: May 14, 2012, 02:30:38 PM »
Yeah, and Alicia also seemed to convince herself that she would have been tough to beat if she was in the final 3. Absolutely comical to think that anyone would vote for her. As for Kim, she definitely deserved it, and unsurprisingly won it.

Here's some into on next season's returnees:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_philippines/2012_Apr_17_three-tribes-returnees

This is interesting. Although, to be honest, I don't remember any of those three contestants named in the article. I've seen all but a couple seasons of Survivor (somewhere between 17-21) when they were on TV, but was too young to remember many details from the earliest seasons. I'm interested in renting one of the earlier seasons and watching it all the way through, for old time's sake. Suggestions?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #378 on: September 07, 2012, 12:14:32 PM »
You all ready?  Survivor is back!  September 19th.  I assume you've all seen the commercials and know who all's going to be in it this time around.

Also, Amazing Race starts September 30th.  White Lion bassist James Lomenzo will be on it.  :metal

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #379 on: September 07, 2012, 05:45:22 PM »
I'M READY!!! Comes back a day before Dexter, should be good!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #380 on: September 07, 2012, 06:48:50 PM »
Still tied up in Big Brother right now but very much looking forward to both shows.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #381 on: September 19, 2012, 07:28:59 AM »
Man, major night tonight!  An hour and a half Survivor premier followed by an hour and a half Big Brother finale.  Sweet.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #382 on: September 19, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »
Man, major night tonight!  An hour and a half Survivor premier
Yup, looking forward to it!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #383 on: September 19, 2012, 09:43:08 AM »
I have practice til 8 tonight, but fortunately, practice is at my house now.  Booyah.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #384 on: September 19, 2012, 07:49:29 PM »
Cool first episode, although I am unhappy to see Zane voted off first. He seemed to show the most potential for interesting tv.