Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 187765 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #315 on: December 20, 2011, 09:56:50 AM »
This.  Even more horrifying: 

Zap2It's interview with Brandon

You'll see me again. It's gonna be different next time.

*groan* :facepalm:

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #316 on: December 20, 2011, 10:17:24 AM »

Please. No. bobs23.....do all you can to assure us this wont' happen.....tell them what a horrible idea this is........I can't imagine there are more than 27 people that want this to happen.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #317 on: December 20, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »
- I think this one world idea is cool.  Even though the tribes still compete and vote as tribes to start with, they'll be interacting right from the start.  Hopefully, this means no more pagongings because players will be making alliances with players from the other tribe from the start.

This x 10000
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline bobs23

• human mic stand
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #318 on: December 21, 2011, 08:11:26 AM »

Already have. The next season that starts in Feb. was shot right after this one, so you're good for now. Brandon made me want to puke every time they had him on screen.
Please. No. bobs23.....do all you can to assure us this wont' happen.....tell them what a horrible idea this is........I can't imagine there are more than 27 people that want this to happen.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #319 on: December 21, 2011, 09:03:20 AM »
I won't watch anyone season that brings Brandon back.  And I am not just saying that. 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #320 on: February 14, 2012, 07:19:19 AM »
New Survivor starts tomorrow.  I'm excited, though I'll be going in for a sleep study tomorrow night, and will miss it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #321 on: February 17, 2012, 08:32:11 PM »
So what does anybody think? 

*SPOILERS*

I thought it was a damn shame that Kourtney went out like that, seemed like a really nice girl.  The women getting pissed that the guys didn't wanna finish the challenge was ludicrous.  Um, excuse me, it's a game for a million dollars.  That's like saying "Hey, you won the lottery, but if you'd like you can choose to play it again, because the people who didn't win aren't happy about it."  Then the women are just a clusterf*ck at tribal council.  WTF?

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #322 on: February 17, 2012, 09:42:04 PM »
I'm thinking I may throw in the towel. I know it's only been one episode, but there isn't a single person that interests me one bit. The chicks are all annoying and the guys they have there are complete D bags... Especially that 'main' lawyer who thinks he's running the show. Plus, OVERLY flamboyant...hyper obnoxious gay men like the one they have cast for this season annoy the living crap out of me. He makes me want to gouge my eyes out and set my eardrums on fire just so there is no chance that I could ever see or hear him ever again. Completly fake and DRAMATIC because he heard that's what gay guys should be like.

Apparently the immunity Idols are just going to continue to be hid in super obvious holes and what not as well. I was hoping they'd at least return to actually making them work for them a bit via diciphering actualy clues. But I will say the whole 'this is for the other tribe...now give it to one of them' angle gives it some flavor.

It did suck for that girl to go out due to a broken wrist, but I have a feeling it would have been between her and the peace seeking Asian chick anyway. 
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #323 on: February 18, 2012, 04:13:18 AM »
Both teams pissed me off in the first episode.  No one really likable that I can see so far.

But boobs, so I'll keep watching for now.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #324 on: February 19, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »
Amazing Race is back on tonight!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #325 on: March 07, 2012, 09:14:51 PM »
Oh. Holy. Shit.

What the fuck happened tonight?  Colton is a vile, nasty, useless piece of shit.  I don't think there is anyone I have ever disliked more on Survivor, ever.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #326 on: March 08, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
   Colton is a vile, nasty, useless piece of shit.  I don't think there is anyone I have ever disliked more on Survivor, ever.

Pretty much.  It's bad enough that he plays into every stereotype about being a flaming homosexual, but he is also a racist piece of dog shit.  Frankly, I think I am done watching this season.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #327 on: March 08, 2012, 09:00:40 AM »
It's saying a LOT, because I have REALLY disliked plenty of previous contestants.  How in the world can someone who has likely face prejudice for being gay be such a racist, intolerant asshole?

Andy from Reality Blurred suggested that "If you’re the kind of person who literally slaps your forehead or bangs your head on something when someone on TV does acts stupidly, you have a concussion right now and you should seek medical attention."  :lol

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #328 on: March 08, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »
This season is frustrating me, I may stop watching. First of all, for the first time, I don't have anyone I can cheer for at this point in the season. In fact, all I can do is cheer against the most annoying ones. Colton needs to go. I can't believe a gay man from Alabama can be so incredibly intolerant, racist, etc... Also, is it just me or is everyone else on that tribe really dumb? The sushi chef seems to think that Colton is some sort of genius. Do they not understand that they can all get together and vote her off?

At first, I wanted to cheer for the midget, but he has also proved to be incompetent. They all get together after winning immunity, tell him that they are gonna vote him off, and he agrees to it. WHAT!?!?! And the women tribe is equally as annoying. Thus far, this season goes down as one of the worst I have seen.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #329 on: March 08, 2012, 06:07:12 PM »
I know. I just cannot even imagine what these people are thinking, letting him run their game for them, basically. Unreal.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #330 on: March 08, 2012, 09:29:20 PM »
The casting for this season is unbelievable.

How in the world can someone who has likely face prejudice for being gay be such a racist, intolerant asshole?

The thing is, he hasn't faced that kind of prejudice.  He said in his tribal rant that he almost exclusively hangs out with people who are more educated and wealthy who don't show him intolerance (at least to his face).  He referred to those who are prejudiced against gays in abstract and flippant terms.  Ironically (since he's gay), he doesn't know what it's like to experience soul-crushing prejudice.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #331 on: March 09, 2012, 06:07:39 AM »
True, he does have that kind of upbringing, but there is no way he hasn't faced it in some manner.  As flamboyant with it as he is, he HAS to have faced it in some capacity, at some point.  Maybe not, but it just seems extremely unlikely that, living in the deep south, that he hasn't had to deal with it.

Also, in news that should surprise NOBODY, Brandon Hantz is now divorced:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_south_pacific/2012_Feb_28_brandon-divorce-nascar

Also, apparently so is Russell:

https://twitter.com/#!/russellhantz/statuses/158993080794615808
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 06:15:51 AM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #332 on: March 09, 2012, 10:04:27 PM »
LOL at the Hantz family. Brandon was a failure, and Russel (although entertaining) was a bit of a clown.

I was thinking about this earlier, and I think Survivor needs a new setting. Something fresh, and different, while still in its classic format. As cool as One World originally sounded, I don't think it should be brought back. Lets return to the classic survivor that I used to love, where the entertainment is built off of interesting casts (unlike this one). Where are the Boston Rob's, the Johny Fairplays, and the Ruperts?

I'd like to nominate Iceland for season 25.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #333 on: March 09, 2012, 10:14:47 PM »
The location for seasons 25 and 26 has already been chosen:

Click for spoiler

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #334 on: March 09, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »
Ahh, alright...

When do you guys think the show will finally run out of enough steam to be canceled?

Offline missedthepoint

• Ahh, I see now. Wait, what?
« Reply #335 on: March 10, 2012, 04:00:50 AM »
Oh. Holy. Shit.

What the fuck happened tonight?  Colton is a vile, nasty, useless piece of shit.  I don't think there is anyone I have ever disliked more on Survivor, ever.

I know. I just cannot even imagine what these people are thinking, letting him run their game for them, basically. Unreal.

This.

I can't believe this season, I'm also feeling like i may stop watching this season.
If they vote Colton out real soon things might be different.
Urgh

Offline bobs23

• human mic stand
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #336 on: March 10, 2012, 08:32:07 AM »
Oh. Holy. Shit.

It gets worse with Colturd in next weeks episode. The producers try to reign him in with a plan but it kind of backfires.
This.

I can't believe this season, I'm also feeling like i may stop watching this season.
If they vote Colton out real soon things might be different.
Urgh

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #337 on: March 22, 2012, 07:58:13 AM »
SPOILERS!

I'm really on the fence about how to feel.  Overall, I feel elated that that narcissistic douchebag is gone.  An outright bully by any definition.  That said, it doesn't matter who it is, I don't like seeing someone in that kind of pain, not even Colton.  So to see him go out this way, isn't nearly as satisfying.  In the end, yes, he's still gone, so hallelujah.  It's like looking so forward to that pizza that's being delivered, then it arrives and somehow tastes lousy.  In the end, you had pizza, so that's good, but it just didn't taste that great.  Same thing here.  I would have loved to see him get blindsided and sent off.  Either way though, his racist, xenophobic, mean, vile, bullying bullshit is now over.  Thank God.

The one and only thing he did right the whole game was to not give the idol to Alicia.  Bully #2.  Time to go.  She's a Special Ed teacher?  She acts like a bully to Stephanie, then will go home to be an advocate for kids who probably have a high likelihood of being bullied.  Wonderful example she's setting.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #338 on: March 22, 2012, 10:21:42 AM »
Don't be surprised if Alicia's behavior costs her her job.  It has happened before, and she is probably a bigger piece of shit than Colton is.  If I were a parent of one of the kids she teaches, I'd wouldn't want her teaching my kids anything.

Yeah, it would have been better to see that hateful queen get voted off, I still didn't mind seeing him in pain, suffering.  He deserved it.  I am not sure I buy the idea of karma, but if it does exist, he got his in spades. 

And the fact that Christina was still nice to him when he was sick, considering how vile he was to her, spoke volumes about her character. 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »
Right, if one of those parents saw how she acts, it wouldn't surprise me if they had issues with it.  I realize that in the heat of the moment you'll say things that aren't representative of who you are, but still, she was jus tbeing unnecessarily nasty.  Possibly the parents of her students know her well enough to know this isn't "her" though.  Hard to say.

He thought Christina was trying to save herself by being nice to him.  No possible way.  Christina was trying to comfort him because that's what decent human beings do.  It seemed fairly clear that she truly felt bad for him.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2012, 08:18:50 PM »
Christina should have kicked Colton while he was down. JMO. Harsh, and not really acceptable... but it was a relief to see him gone.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #341 on: March 25, 2012, 04:33:26 AM »
I was really hoping that there would still be a challenge, and a vote, so Alicia could get voted off as well.  That would have meant my least favorite of each gender leaving in one episode.

Colton is just a cunt.  I believe in karma, or something like it. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #342 on: March 25, 2012, 07:44:58 AM »
Looks like it was a bacterial infection that took Colton out, not appendicitis:

Link

Apparently Alicia is down for damage control also:

Alicia Twitter post

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #343 on: March 29, 2012, 01:43:50 PM »
The best moment from last night:

https://theimghost.com/di-V7W4.gif

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #344 on: March 29, 2012, 01:47:34 PM »
Nice.

Sending Jonas home made ZERO SENSE.  It was just like some sort of throwaway vote, like they aren't in a game for $1M.  Why would you keep someone like Jay who has a higher likelihood of beating you in a physical challenge or Tarzan, who is a completely tactless and irritating oaf, or Alicia who's just a really not nice person?  Have these people ever seen Survivor??

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #345 on: March 29, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »
Amen to that.  That vote made zero sense.  Jonas running his mouth like he did at TC didn't help his cause, although his fate was probably already sealed.  I like seeing feathers ruffled like that at TC, though. :tup :tup

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #346 on: March 29, 2012, 01:59:43 PM »
You mean like at the very first Phillip Shepherd Tribal Council?  That was still one of the most epic TCs ever.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #347 on: March 29, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »
You mean like at the very first Phillip Shepherd Tribal Council?  That was still one of the most epic TCs ever.

Oh man, I loved Phillip. I had myself convinced that the whole secret agent thing was a strategical hoax. I expected him to come out in the final tribal council and say that he was acting the whole time. Say that he knew if he acted crazy enough people would want to take him to the end, but it was nothing more than acting. He could say, 'here I am, look at how my strategy worked.'

Talk about outwitting the competition....

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #348 on: March 29, 2012, 07:17:04 PM »
I remember that first TC. Mrs. Cozmo & I sat here in disbelief, like "holy shit, that was the most awesome TC ever! There's no way that guy is really that fucking nuts."

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #349 on: April 12, 2012, 06:30:27 AM »
SPOILERS

So yeah, Jay's out now.  Not sure how much differnece it makes to me.  He was one of those mostly absent individuals for me, in that it feels like we really didn't see or hear much about him til the last episode or two.  I'm really kinda rooting for Troy at this point.  I've wanted Alicia out for some time, though her obnoxiousness seems to have waned since Colton's departure.  Kim, while not having been mean or obnoxious, is kinda masterminding the show.  I'd like to see her get knocked down a peg or two.  It would've been AWESOME if Troy could've rallied enough support to get her out last night.  And I don't really care much for DIY challenges like last night's reward challenge.