Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 187755 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2011, 02:23:14 PM »
Something else interesting:  Russel Hantz tweeted to Dick Donato from Big Brother last night:

@EvelDick me and you amazing race !!!! What do you think ?!!

That would certainly be an interesting butting of heads.

Offline buthipme

« Reply #281 on: November 18, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »
Something else interesting:  Russel Hantz tweeted to Dick Donato from Big Brother last night:

@EvelDick me and you amazing race !!!! What do you think ?!!

That would certainly be an interesting butting of heads.
WOW,SOUNDS great.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #282 on: November 20, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »
My fingers are still crossed for a Cochran and Brandon pair for The Amazing Race...
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #283 on: November 20, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »
I would eat my fucking hat.  I would literally scream obscenities at my television every episode that went by without them being eliminated.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #284 on: December 01, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »
Least surprising vote in the history of Survivor (maybe aside from Erik getting voted out after giving up his immunity necklace).  Also, VOTE BRANDON OUT NOW, FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST!!!!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #285 on: December 01, 2011, 02:11:32 PM »
This is what I thought of that episode.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

What a friggin' borefest. I don't know why I fall for the editing every time and think that they would have actually have voted off someone other than Cochran to make this season somewhat interesting. The only thing that is even holding my interest at the moment is seeing if Ozzy can make it back from Redemption or not. IMO Coach comes in 2nd to Sophie. She's a tough one that girl....the rest are just a waste of space.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #286 on: December 01, 2011, 02:18:24 PM »
Everybody has seen that despite being an athletic coach, Coach really doesn't do all that well in challenges.  It won't surprise me if Sophie and Albert (I love how they refer to him as Prince Albert) overthrow Coach, knowing there's no way they'd beat him.  He has an idol, so he has to play it and hope that he can win some challenges, then if/when Ozzy comes back, Coach has a free pass, because Ozzy will leave a 3rd time.  Edna and Sophie's best argument is "If you vote me out, you're assuring that Ozzy comes back into the game with you, because I will be no match for him at Redemption Island".

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #287 on: December 06, 2011, 10:37:11 PM »
Is there any doubt that Coach will win if he makes it to the final 3? All these players JUST saw Boston Rob run away with the game last season, and they are letting another returning player do it again. Unbelievable.

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #288 on: December 07, 2011, 04:32:00 AM »
Yeah, they will get what they deserve if that happens.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2011, 06:18:47 AM »
I don't know if there is anybody left there that, if put against Coach, would be able to say "Look at what I've done in this game!"  Coach would be best to take Brandon and Edna with him, if at all possible.  Everybody is annoyed by Brandon and everybody knows Edna hasn't really done anything.  But then again, so far, neither has anybody else.  The only possible usurper available is Ozzy, assuming Cochran doesn't manage to beat him at Redemption Island.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2011, 07:20:58 AM »
It is pretty sad to watch Coach run the same game that Rob did on these people....especially knowing they watched Rob do it last year. For the life of me I don't know why the first person voted out in either tribe isn't the returning Survivor alumni. It makes no sense at all for them to be kept around other than ratings. If the people playing that game are that worried about shelter and food and think the 'veteran' is thier only means to it...then shame on them.
  And if they want to 'play the game' with them....well then they are getting exactly what they deserve. Unless Ozzy comes back from redmption and runs a coup on Coach....Coach is your next millionare.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #291 on: December 07, 2011, 07:53:38 AM »
Honestly, I am about done watching this show.  It has gotten to where I don't like rooting for anyone near the end and I end up simply rooting against certain players.  And this thing about bringing back several old players and then seeing the new ones cluelessly let them dominate and win is awful. 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #292 on: December 07, 2011, 08:01:18 AM »
Exactly.  As much as I may like Coach or Ozzy, I would prefer to see a batch of all brand-new players, so each one is on level ground with me, in terms of familiarity and I can let me preference for who to root for be determined by how they play and what they do, as opposed to how many times they've been on the show.  Big Brother has been bringing back former houseguests and it bugs me as much as on Survivor.  Amazing Race can kinda get away with it, because no matter how loved and popular a team is (teams that have appeared on other reality shows), one taxi driver who is unfamiliar with where they wanted to go is all it takes to lose the game.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #293 on: December 07, 2011, 08:17:36 AM »
It has gotten to where I don't like rooting for anyone near the end and I end up simply rooting against certain players. 

THIS! Sums it up perfectly for me. It's not nearly as fun to watch and I'm not into a player as much as when I had a huge man-crush on Fighter Pilot Terry and watched the 'Survivor' producers sabatoge him with that lame ass...designed explicitly for a womans body...stand on a floating piece of foam...BS immunity challenge. He is by far the best 'physical' player that Survivor has seen. Better than Colby and Ozzy.....Yes I'm still bitter about that.
  I would completely watch a Terry vs Ozzy one on one immunity showdown series because Terry would kick the livin' crap out of Ozzy.
I think maybe I still have a man crush..... ???

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #294 on: December 07, 2011, 07:19:28 PM »
Did you guys just see the 'next on' clip? Looked like Edna just beat Ozzy on Redemption Island. That would be wild, but not very likely... Also, I'm sick and tired of Brandon.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #295 on: December 07, 2011, 08:08:30 PM »
I would be very surprised if they made it look in previews like she beat Ozzy, then actually DOES.  That plus I'd be fairly irritated that someone who did zilch the entire time knocked Ozzy out after he's done a shitload.

Brandon makes me want to break things.  Every time he opens his mouth, I cringe.  Can.  Not.  Stand.  Him.  I want him to go SOOOO bad, but Coach knows that he needs Brandon in the final 3 because NOBODY will give him a single vote.

Offline bobs23

• human mic stand
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #296 on: December 07, 2011, 08:13:27 PM »
Beyond epic fail coming next week. Don't miss it!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: December 07, 2011, 08:27:21 PM »
I would be very surprised if they made it look in previews like she beat Ozzy, then actually DOES.  That plus I'd be fairly irritated that someone who did zilch the entire time knocked Ozzy out after he's done a shitload.

This.

I'm thinking the reason Edna looks so far in the lead at the Redemption Dual is the fact that she probably completely mis-understands the rules of the game.....leaving Ozzy to look over at her like WTF?

And, I feel absolutely horrible for Brandon if that is the way he's been treated his whole life...managed like that. I'm sure the editing department did their best to make him look like Russel....but he did give off a huge D-Bag vibe.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #298 on: December 08, 2011, 03:37:42 AM »
If I was Coach, I would have punched Brandon's dad in the kidneys.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #299 on: December 08, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »

Not punched. He would have used some ancient Coach-Chi move.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #300 on: December 08, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »

Not punched. He would have used some ancient Coach-Chi move.
Yeah, you got me.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2011, 12:08:14 PM »
Just to give us a further indication of how clueless she was playing Survior....Dawn in the 'Ponderosa' episodes online stated to the camera reagarding this 'point' in the game that 'this is the point in the game where you start to think about who you want to take to the final three with you'.  :facepalm: Ummmm....sorry Dawn.....that decision should be made WAY before day 32, maybe day 2 or 3 after you have a 'feel' for people.  Have fun the rest of your time at Ponderosa.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #302 on: December 15, 2011, 07:46:53 AM »

Epic fail, indeed.  Brandon may be the new Eric, especially if he doesn't beat Ozzy.  For the record, I damn sure hope he doesn't beat Ozzy.  For as grateful as I am to be (almost) rid of Brandon, it was such a tense and emotional exit, that it almost wasn't satisfying.  SO MUCH focus on God and honor and integrity and Coach's struggle with it all, that it robbed me of a lot of the joy I would have felt previously, if they'd just blindsided him.  Dammit.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #303 on: December 15, 2011, 08:01:43 AM »
Yeah, Epic fail indeed. Has there ever been a moment on Survivor when the person who gives up their immunity doesn't get burned? I 'get' what Brandon was going for....and in a way appreciate what he and Coach are 'trying' to accomplish with this whole spiritual and integrity type game play....but it's Survivior.
  That game is not designed for such 'morality' nor is it condusive to that train of thought. Way back when this game was concieved in whatever boardroom or office they knew that lying/cheating/stealing would sell...it always does, and that the worst in people is much more entertaining and profitable than the best in people....and that is how this game has 'survived'. The people throughout the history of the game who end up looking like fools and that are never heard of again are the ones who try to adhere to some sort of moral compass while playing. You just can't do it and expect to win that game. Now, if you go there intent on sending a message and making a point and not winning, sure...you're attempt may be nobel but why even bother.
  And I am a Christian, attend church regualarly and volunteer frequently....i love me some God, but for whatever reason when that group prays and talks all 'God' it really rubs me the wrong way and doesn't feel right. I don't know if it's that I don't trust the validity of thier faith or if it's the fact that I believe CBS and the show participants are just making fun of thier faith. Maybe it's a bit of both. Either way, I just cringe when that group and those guys begin to worship.
  And, I don't see how and the heck Coach doesn't win the million. Unless Ozzy makes it to the end with him then I believe Ozzy wins it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #304 on: December 18, 2011, 08:46:24 PM »
You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #305 on: December 18, 2011, 09:35:18 PM »
Wow. Not what I expected.
I'm pleased Coach or Ozzy didn't win. I would have hated to see another returning player win.

Sophie buried Coach in the final tribal council really well. She gave good answers, and her immunity wins really helped her. A deserved if somewhat subdued win.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #306 on: December 18, 2011, 10:28:37 PM »
Can't say I'm shocked considering the horrid final tribal Coach gave and the pretty good one Sophie did. Just as Coach said, it was his game to lose and instead of owning it like Rob did last year an say 'hey I just gamed all of you' he tried to apologize for it and tried to save face.
  Im glad a rookie won, kind if tired of this whole 'Redemption' theme. It looks like next season is closer to a theme I'd like to see which is 36 people, no tribes, all for one the while time.  Start with say top 5 challenge winners are immune and incrementally bring that number down as you go.
  Anyway, this season was to me really bland.... A lot of players scared to make a move. I hope that changes next time. Still debating if I'm in or not for next season.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #307 on: December 18, 2011, 10:56:09 PM »
I am glad Sophie won.  Coach is a lying, hypocritical tool, and Ozzie sucks at the social game and any challenge that requires a lot of thinking, and Albert was never as smart as he thought he was.  Sophie played the best game of the four, and it was nice to see someone who deserved it actually win.  She did well in challenges, always had good strategic play, didn't lie her ass off to everyone like Coach did, and didn't openly try to turn on people like Albert did. 

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #308 on: December 18, 2011, 11:06:31 PM »
Why did Ozzy come to the final jury looking like Pippi Longstockings? Pigtails? No, Ozzy, no  :o

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #309 on: December 19, 2011, 01:56:19 AM »
 - Sophie was my favorite player and I loved her game, glad she won.

- That said, she was cracking emotionally near the end.  A lot of people are saying Coach's final tribal was terrible, and I don't totally understand why.  Especially relative to Sophie, who came off as trying to say the right thing a little too much.

- Albert sucks.

- Coach is stupid for not going with Rick the Cowboy and Albert as the two guys with him in the final three.  Sophie was so clearly dangerous.  I have no idea why Coach thought anyone would care about anything Rick did.  People respect those who play the game well if they own it.

- All the stuff with Brandon at the reunion show was legitimately awful.  This kid desperately needs help and to be away from his horrible family.  Please don't put this on TV.

- I liked how Jeff Probst glossed over the fact that Whitney cheated on her boyfriend with a dude she made on Survivor.  Well, I mean, not really, but from a comedy standpoint.

- I think this one world idea is cool.  Even though the tribes still compete and vote as tribes to start with, they'll be interacting right from the start.  Hopefully, this means no more pagongings because players will be making alliances with players from the other tribe from the start.

- I'd love to see Sophie and Jim in an all-star season.  Maybe Cochran too.

- As unlikeable as Coach was, he played really well this time.  Shame that at the end he couldn't put the pieces together.

- Ozzy played really well at the end.  He did the best he could to play with Coach's emotions.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #310 on: December 19, 2011, 08:44:40 AM »
Coach's final TC was bad because he finally got called out by several jurors for being full of shit when it came to his honor and integrity nonsense.  I have said all along that he has neither, and the fact that he had no defense every time he got called out just demonstrated how full of it he was/is.

I believe Whitney was actually married when she did Survivor.  At least that is what a friend told me she read on several sites.

Can we please have no more returning Survivors unless it is an all-star season?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #312 on: December 19, 2011, 08:57:52 AM »
That info. about Whitney is disgusting. I swear it sickens me to no end how marriage and all the greatness it stands for has become just another victim of this selfish culture. Why the heck didn't Probst say to Whitney last night 'so Whitney, you were married when you came on Survivor' rather than 'Whitney, you were in a relationship'. Being married is WAY more involved and sacred than just being in a relationship....or maybe I'm just old fashioned and still believe in the 'true' meaning of marriage and not whatever it has turned into now. Shame on both of them...especially if Keith knew about it as well.....

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #313 on: December 19, 2011, 09:47:08 PM »
- All the stuff with Brandon at the reunion show was legitimately awful.  This kid desperately needs help and to be away from his horrible family.  Please don't put this on TV.

Agreed. It turns out that Russell was not just playing a villain on TV. Evidently, he's a nasty piece of work in real life too.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #314 on: December 20, 2011, 09:54:13 AM »
I don't know if he is all that evil.  Brandon is just a moron.