Author Topic: FREE ONLINE TV?  (Read 2378 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
FREE ONLINE TV?
« on: May 21, 2020, 06:55:10 PM »
I just came across a website that offers 83 channels FOR FREE.

I was skeptical at first, but I tried it with my VPN and it actually works, and much to my surprise it doesn't lag AT ALL.

This is the list of channels:

ABC
AE
AMC
Animal
BBCAmerica
BET
Boomerang
Bravo
CBS
Cinemax
CMT
Cartoon Network
CNBC
CNN
Comedy
CW
Destination America
Discovery
Disney
DisneyJr
DisneyXD
Do it yourself ( DIY )
E!
ESPN
ESPN2
FoodNetwork
FOX
FoxBusiness
FoxNews
Freeform
Fox Sports 1 (FS1)
Fox Sports 2 (FS2)
FX Movie Channel
FXX
Golf Channel
Game Show Network
Hallmark Channel
HBO
HGTV
History
HLN
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
Investigation Discovery
Lifetime
Lifetime Movie Network
MLB Network
Motor Trend
MSNBC
MTV
National Geographic
Nat Geo Wild
NBA TV
NBC
NBC Sports ( NBCSN )
NFL Network
Nickelodeon
Nicktoons
One America News Network
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN)
Oxygen
Paramount
PBS
POP
Science
Showtime
StarZ
SundanceTV
SYFY
TBS
Turner Classic Movies (TCM)
Telemundo
Tennis Channel
TLC
TNT
Travel Channel
truTV
TV Land
Univision
USA Network
VH1
We TV
WWE Network
YES Network

How can they offer this for free?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: FREE ONLINE TV?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 06:59:17 PM »
I forgot to include the link: https://ustvgo.tv/

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 07:09:09 PM »
My guess would be that they can't and just do it anyway. You didn't say if the VPN was required, or if it's some crude looking outfit. I know I've been streaming Patriot's games for 4 or 5 years, and I have no doubt the NFL wouldn't approve. I figure that as long as not too many people are paying attention the NFL won't either. I also know that the sites that stream live sports tend to be dodgy as hell. I always tell people to install two ad-blockers before trying to go there, because one won't be enough.

edit: Now that you've shown the link, I think my notion is correct.
edit 2: I also just noticed that it's NordVPN. That pretty much clinches the piracy aspect. I'm about as pro-piracy as you get, and those people will absolutely deserve it when they get busted. Running a VPN is great. Operating pirate sites so people will use your VPN is just asking for trouble. Mark my words, before too long, clicking on one of those channels will pop up a message saying that for your own safety you can't access it without a VPN, and only Nord's will work. I've already run into this with TPB mirrors, which are all sponsored by  VPNs.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 07:38:23 PM »
My guess would be that they can't and just do it anyway. You didn't say if the VPN was required, or if it's some crude looking outfit. I know I've been streaming Patriot's games for 4 or 5 years, and I have no doubt the NFL wouldn't approve. I figure that as long as not too many people are paying attention the NFL won't either. I also know that the sites that stream live sports tend to be dodgy as hell. I always tell people to install two ad-blockers before trying to go there, because one won't be enough.

edit: Now that you've shown the link, I think my notion is correct.
edit 2: I also just noticed that it's NordVPN. That pretty much clinches the piracy aspect. I'm about as pro-piracy as you get, and those people will absolutely deserve it when they get busted. Running a VPN is great. Operating pirate sites so people will use your VPN is just asking for trouble. Mark my words, before too long, clicking on one of those channels will pop up a message saying that for your own safety you can't access it without a VPN, and only Nord's will work. I've already run into this with TPB mirrors, which are all sponsored by  VPNs.

The one I used was not NordVPN.

Some channels don't need the VPN to function, some required the VPN before you can watch the content.

I don't see the need for adblockers as the site is adfree.

But probably you are right maybe they will start poping ads that Nord is required for the rest of the channels, who knows