General > General Music Discussion

The Periphery Thread

<< < (167/277) > >>

Laughingplace56:
These albums are fucking delights. Absolutely incredible musicianship, and the lyrics are wonderful. Hell Below, lyrics and music as well, is B.R.U.T.A.L. I don't know which album I like better yet. It's all so good. If I wanted to make very preliminary rankings of the songs, I'd say:

1. Omega (Soft guitar break through the end is the highlight of the album.)
2. Rainbow Gravity
3. The Bad Thing
4. The Scourge
5. Stranger Things
6. 22 Faces
7. Alpha
8. Psychosphere
9. Priestess
10. A Black Minute
11. Hell Below
12. Heavy Heart
13. Four Lights
14. Reprise
15. Graveless
16. MK Ultra
17. The Event

Buddyhunter1:
Alright, so I've listened to all of Juggernaut several times now. Thoughts:

I was kinda nervous prior to this album's release, mostly because most of the singles they released didn't impress me much. Thankfully, the album turned out to be awesome regardless. Counting both Alpha and Juggernaut as a single record (as they should be), I'd probably put it about on par with Periphery, with Periphery II still easily being the band's release thus far.

As far as comparing Alpha to Omega, Omega pretty much kicks Alpha's ass into high orbit. Alpha has some good songs, but overall it's a bit underwhelming. Omega, on the other hand, is solid from start to finish, and the final two songs are by far the best tracks from both discs.

One thing that bothers me a bit is that Alpha and Omega really didn't need to be separate releases. They don't stand all that well on their own, and hell, they only total up to just under 81 minutes. If the band just trimmed off about 3 minutes (which wouldn't have been that hard to do) they easily could have fit the whole thing on a single disc. But that's just a nitpick, really. Great album.

Dem rankings:

Omega
Stranger Things
Rainbow Gravity
A Black Minute
Alpha
Priestess
Psychosphere
Graveless
The Bad Thing
Hell Below
The Scourge
Heavy Heart
22 Faces
Four Lights
MK Ultra
The Event
Reprise

Zantera:
So yeah, Juggernaut is the best thing they have put out.

chrisbDTM:
Very hard to rank, these albums are awesome

Stranger Things
Omega
Heavy Heart
Rainbow Gravity
A Black Minute
22 Faces
Priestess
The Bad Thing
MK Ultra
Alpha
The Scourge
Graveless
Hell Below
Reprise
Psychosphere
Four Lights
The Event

YtseCullen:
Anybody know the story behind this concept? I've been digging this albums like none other, but I'd love to know what the subject matter is about!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version