General > General Music Discussion

The Periphery Thread

<< < (246/277) > >>

Cable:

--- Quote from: BlackInk on August 06, 2017, 10:10:25 AM ---As far as musically, I don't think it'll be that different. Misha, Mark, and Jake were always the main writers. I hope the production doesn't suffer though, but I don't think so.

--- End quote ---

I'm with this view. He came in as a producer for P2 I think, and then joined in that process? So I don't see a massive hit in the writing. And again, his bass parts didn't really do anything for me. I actually was not a fan of Juggernauts' final sound either.

Just speculating and stirring the pot; if anything though, I'm worried about Jake. He's the most tenured outside of Misha now, but his electronic parts were basically gone on P3. And the "big" interludes were done by Misha it seemed (Marigold & Absolomb). Even though P3 might be my favorite album, I really liked Jake's electronic stuff on P2. I'm not a fan of P1, but that also had electronic stuff which was a unique thing of the band for me over the first two albums. Just based on Clear, I'm probably the only person that liked Jake's track and writing more than Misha, Nolly's and Mark's.

jakepriest:

--- Quote from: CableX on August 06, 2017, 06:31:14 PM ---Just based on Clear, I'm probably the only person that liked Jake's track and writing more than Misha, Nolly's and Mark's.

--- End quote ---

Instrumentally it's my favourite off Clear, but I can't stand Spencer's vocals on The Summer Jam, so I never listen to it anymore.
Overall Clear has some of the worst Spencer vocals imo.

Jake's electronic music is a jam. I still spin his solo album sometimes.
They posted some snippets of some electronic music they were working on with Misha, so that should be pretty good.

goo-goo:

--- Quote from: jakepriest on August 07, 2017, 07:21:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: CableX on August 06, 2017, 06:31:14 PM ---Just based on Clear, I'm probably the only person that liked Jake's track and writing more than Misha, Nolly's and Mark's.

--- End quote ---

Instrumentally it's my favourite off Clear, but I can't stand Spencer's vocals on The Summer Jam, so I never listen to it anymore.
Overall Clear has some of the worst Spencer vocals imo.

Jake's electronic music is a jam. I still spin his solo album sometimes.
They posted some snippets of some electronic music they were working on with Misha, so that should be pretty good.

--- End quote ---

Have they released the electronic music?

jakepriest:
As far as I know not yet.

goo-goo:
Well, I didn't like Periphery at all up until two days ago. I wasn't excited about the screams but for some reason, my mood this weekend kind of asked for something a bit on the aggressive side. I streamed Periphery's discography on Google Play and bam!! There's some great stuff going with this guys. I so regret not seeing them with AAL in San Antonio a few months ago  :facepalm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version