General > General Music Discussion

The Periphery Thread

<< < (238/277) > >>

Cable:
For some reason, this blew me away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDDd5zovN4g

mikeyd23:
BUMP

I could never really get into these guys before, I think I got hung up on the vocals and dismissed them...

Recently I gave PIII a chance and holy crap, I am blown away. This album is INSANE, it's so good!

TioJorge:
Periphery always deserves a good bump.  :tup :metal

I'm extremely fond of the album myself, it's got some really fantastic tracks and even better moments.

Even though this one is fairly different in certain aspects and what the music focuses on, I'd recommend going backwards if you want to check out the rest of their music. PII is still probably my favorite of theirs. Although Juggernaut has its really heavy moments, it's close to PIII than any of the other albums.

mikeyd23:

--- Quote from: TioJorge on January 17, 2017, 10:12:51 AM ---Periphery always deserves a good bump.  :tup :metal

I'm extremely fond of the album myself, it's got some really fantastic tracks and even better moments.

Even though this one is fairly different in certain aspects and what the music focuses on, I'd recommend going backwards if you want to check out the rest of their music. PII is still probably my favorite of theirs. Although Juggernaut has its really heavy moments, it's close to PIII than any of the other albums.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I haven't explored their previous albums much yet. If I like PIII where should I head next? Juggernaut?

Train of Naught:
The general consensus among most Periphery fans is that the vocals did indeed improve on every consecutive album. I personally don't like almost any of the vocals on their debut.

Working backwards like Tio said could work, mikey, though I personally prefer "Periphery II: This Time It's Personal" and think is the best follow-up from here.

--- Quote from: mikeyd23 on January 17, 2017, 10:17:46 AM ---Yeah, I haven't explored their previous albums much yet. If I like PIII where should I head next? Juggernaut?

--- End quote ---
Juggernaut is a double 'concept' album. Has some PIII-esque songs but I don't think most of them stick that well initially. PII left a much better first impact on me personally. Though I'm kind of biased since it's my favourite Periphery album (PIII is definitely a contender though)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version