General > General Music Discussion

The Periphery Thread

<< < (236/277) > >>

Cable:
Glad to see Catch Fire getting praise, as it's clearly the stick out track for better or worse. I love that "sure is something" line a lot too.

It's a cheap song, and not much to it. But maybe that is why I like it. Plus it hits emotionally at this moment for me.

pain of occupation:
Catch Fire is the perfect balance of extreme metal, Faith No More, and Evanescence...with a couple measures of One Direction thrown in the mix.  :hat

Cable:
Their show in Detroit, MI was awesome. For some reason I thought they were going to play 22 Faces. Spencer sounded on point, and the playing had no issues that I could hear. Their style can be so heavy at times. Stuff like The Bad Thing slays live. Very entertaining stage presence IMO, which I did not fully feel so watching videos in the past. I love this band, and they keep growing more for me. Lune of course was the highlight perhaps.

Chon was a huge highlight of the support bands. Definitely checking more of them out, and hopefully without vocals. They absolutely were awesome with minimal distortion, and had melodic playing crammed in.

jakepriest:
So now that the album has been out for some time, who'd be up for a Periphery survivor v2?

BlackInk:
I'm always up for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version