Author Topic: Pet Shop Boys (plus other synth pop bands)  (Read 10461 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Pet Shop Boys (plus other synth pop bands)
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2014, 10:50:01 PM »
  From their later stuff, i think Fundamental, Yes and Electric are all very solid albums.

Agreed.  Yes has so many songs that are just insanely catchy - All over the World, More Than a Dream, Pandemonium, Did You See Me Coming?, Vulnerable, etc. 

Elysium was probably the first time I've been disappointed with a Pet Shop Boys release, even though half of the tracks were outstanding. Memory of the Future sounded like classic PSB's, while Leaving and Invisible are two of the most beautiful, emotional songs they've ever made. But so much of that album sounded weak and uninspired. So it was quite a surprise when less than a year later, Electric came out and they sounded more lively and energetic than ever. Such a good album!!!

Leaving and Memory of the Future are the only songs from Elysium that have stuck with me at all. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2016, 10:36:02 PM »
Hmmm, it looks like the Pet Shop Boys released a new album today.  The samples on iTunes sound good; I will be getting this very soon.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »
Mm, I'm not familiar very much with their newer material, but one of my 18th birthday presents was their Discography compilation, which I liked a lot.

I didn't include it in my post in the Best Song From Your 10 Favourite Bands (because it's not one of my favourite bands), but the Pet Shop Boys' cover of "Always On My Mind" was for a long time - since 2008 when I first heard it, until last year when it was defeated - my favourite song ever. So beautiful.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2016, 11:49:42 AM »
Yep, that is a very nice cover.

If you are not familiar with their newer stuff, check out Fundamental (which is great from start to finish) and Yes (which has a handful of insanely catchy dance pop tunes).

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2016, 06:07:41 AM »
OK