Author Topic: The Official Nintendo Thread v It's a-me! Mario!  (Read 35068 times)

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
Re: The Official Nintendo Thread v It's a-me! Mario!
« Reply #315 on: February 17, 2014, 11:08:17 PM »
New poster syndrome?

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #316 on: February 18, 2014, 03:57:47 AM »
Since we're on the topic of Pokemon...

https://www.dorkly.com/article/59332/there-are-thousands-of-people-trying-to-play-the-same-game-of-pokemon

This is amazing.

This is on par with landing on the moon as far as human achievements go.

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #317 on: February 18, 2014, 05:29:02 PM »
For those who may be unaware.

https://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/little_mac.html

Little Mac.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #318 on: February 22, 2014, 07:07:04 PM »
Since I got the Wii U, the original Wii is now the only Nintendo home console I don't own. At face value, it seems like the Wii U's backward compatability makes owning a regular Wii completely unnecessary. I just wanna make sure there aren't any nonobvious benefits I may be overlooking should I wanna get one down the line.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #319 on: February 22, 2014, 07:13:57 PM »
Nope. Right now, it has GC backwards compatibility and a bigger eShop. Eventually, it won't have a bigger eShop. So no, not if you already have GC.

Offline Laich21DT

• I AM ERROR.
« Reply #320 on: February 23, 2014, 01:10:18 AM »
Not to mention that the the later black version of the Wii (the one I own) doesn't play GC games.
I've got a plan, it involves pulling up our bootstraps, oiling up a couple of asses, and doing a little plowing of our own...... not gay sex. -Mac, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #321 on: February 23, 2014, 03:58:20 AM »
Yeah, my brother gave his to me a few years ago. I still don't have a single Gamecube game for it amusingly enough since I only own Sonic Mega Collection for it and that only has Genesis ports.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #322 on: February 24, 2017, 12:58:59 AM »
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I needed to air my grievances about my favorite video game of all time: F-Zero.

So I absolutely adore this game. It's still fun to play to this day and it has the most consistently good soundtrack of any retro game. But good lord is it frustrating at times.

First of all, if I never had to play Death Wind again (mostly Death Wind II) I would be happy. It has the only song in the game that I hate and both courses are among the worst in the series.

Secondly, every time I'm doing good on a difficult course, especially Fire Field, Pico is there to screw me over. He either gets in front of me, banks hard, and stops short right in front of me so I hit him and fall back three places, or he hits me in the middle of a gap jump so I go flying off course. I don't even care if I lose to Dr. Stewart or Samurai Goroh (I always play as Captain Falcon) because they get in front and keep going. But Pico doesn't try to win: he tries to destroy you but somehow always comes in first or, if I win, second anyway. The learning curve from standard to expert is so steep because the machines that are a lap behind and Pico exist to completely obliterate you.

Finally, the final lap of every race is a hell storm of exploding machines. A cacophony of drivers whose existence is solely to cost you the race and destroy your hopes and dreams. On certain races like all three Mute City courses it's not a big deal but on races like Silence, White Land II, Death Wind II, Port Town II, and of course Fire Field, it makes that final lap absolute torture.

The frustrating AI is part of the games charm though, and with the exception of Death Wind II, I love every level in this game.

But seriously, fuck Pico.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #323 on: February 24, 2017, 03:07:54 AM »
I absolutely love F-zero. Fast, intense and with beautiful music.

I've probably had the most experience with the SNES version, but I played and loved the N64 and Gamecube versions.